Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

To be fair, that Theo one is by far the longest because it has like 7 POVs and was basically wrapping up Morane’s book stealing arc, the Tyne’s and Corrick’s arc, Roland’s arc, and setting up this new quest arc. It’s my longest by far. Usually my long posts aren’t even as long as this one was. For the Fallout posts I’ve been coming somewhere between 10-15 pages and I think that’s a pretty good sweet spot for most of my posts. It’s hard to do that in with posts in this arc though since they’ll be running with multiple POVs. 

@BigBossBalrog

Lorgar and Wraith are some genre savvy mofos. XD 

I thought it was a nice touch when you mentioned that Lorgar’s struggle to relax and inability to meditate comes from the beastblood. Nice tie-in to the games where werewolves are unable to get well-rested.

As for their talk, I’m getting the impression that Lorgar has some negative opinions of himself...

I hope he either dies or finds something to latch onto. Death would be a mercy at this point, but if he could somehow -and I have no idea how- find a reason to want to live and resent himself a little less, that would be satisfying.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

Hide contents

Lorgar and Wraith are some genre savvy mofos. XD 

I thought it was a nice touch when you mentioned that Lorgar’s struggle to relax and inability to meditate comes from the beastblood. Nice tie-in to the games where werewolves are unable to get well-rested.

As for their talk, I’m getting the impression that Lorgar has some negative opinions of himself...

I hope he either dies or finds something to latch onto. Death would be a mercy at this point, but if he could somehow -and I have no idea how- find a reason to want to live and resent himself a little less, that would be satisfying.

There completely on the nose about everyone wanting to turn him into a rug XD And they have zero illusions about what would happen if Lorgar tried to go back to the Empire. 

It was based on that that, and the fact Farkas (or his brother forgot which one) describes his Lycantropy as something that prevents him from thinking clearly, and that he's constantly uneasy, the haze of Hircine is constantly over their minds, preventing any peace. 

I personally think it's the natural progression from being rasied by the Skaal. Lorgar's becoming the antithesis of what his uncle taught him to be. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just about anything would be better than running around aimlessly hunting people without any drive or convictions at all.  

That kinda just exposes his hypocrisy that wraith pointed out though 

He views his service to the Empire as something different to what's happening right now, while the only main difference was that he was able to saying his killing had meaning to it. He's putting down rebels now, he was putting them down before.

@BigBossBalrog

You were right. I did miss an Avitus post.

The disir was cool. I like that you decided to weave a little Norse and Skyrim mythology together for that. Same goes for the antlered beast. Reminds me of what Colonel did with the blood dragon concept. And a lot of the Kyne’s Watch stuff that in general brings a lot of flavor and culture to the Nords that I wish had been in the games.

I have no idea where Avitus is right now, but I imagine he’ll be fine. After all the shit he’s been through I think he’s good and proven that neither the wilderness nor crazy monsters and psychedelic visions can kill him. Got a kick out of how you fixed the butterfly mistake by saying Wulf was just messing with him. XD 

I wonder what the Legion thinks. I suppose time could be relative when it’s questionable if you’re even in the real world, but if actual weeks or months have passed since he disappeared, then they’ve probably already raised up a new Legate in his stead.

• Like 2

@The Good Doctor

Avitus is a character who invested way more points into stamina then health XD He doesn't have nearly the same killing power of some of the upper tier characters, but the man has ungodly endurance, and won't stop ti'll he's either dead or the mission is done. And he's angry all the time.

Glad you enjoyed it. I like the bestiary in Skyrim wayyyyyy more then Oblivion, but I think they missed an opportunity to include some of the horrifying shit from Norse mythology, or at least more weird stuff (like snow wales)  I think Bloodmoon did a better job with it's stuff. 

Or even a Yeti XD (Poor Dales...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Glad you enjoyed it. I like the bestiary in Skyrim wayyyyyy more then Oblivion, but I think they missed an opportunity to include some of the horrifying shit from Norse mythology, or at least more weird stuff (like snow wales)  I think Bloodmoon did a better job with it's stuff. 

Agreed. The stuff we got was great, but I wish we had more variety. It’s not like they had any shortage of Norse inspirations.

Bringing this over here so we don't keep derailing the GoT thread.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I could’ve sworn someone in the RP called her the Prisoner right?

If not, ima do it

She has probably been referred to as a lower case 'p' prisoner numerous times on account of her spending half the chapter as one, but nobody has called her 'Prisoner' or said it with any more meaning than the word normally means. 

If you want to interpret Mila's time in captivity as some metaphysical sign, feel free, but I haven't made her out to be anything special in the RP. Only in OOC jokes.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bringing this over here so we don't keep derailing the GoT thread.

She has probably been referred to as a lower case 'p' prisoner numerous times on account of her spending half the chapter as one, but nobody has called her 'Prisoner' or said it with any more meaning than the word normally means. 

If you want to interpret Mila's time in captivity as some metaphysical sign, feel free, but I haven't made her out to be anything special in the RP. Only in OOC jokes.

Well you know how the power of belief works my friend.... wait till her legend grows, as told by Baldur, and then you’ll have no choice but to accept her destiny of Stealth Archer Player Character

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Lucky for her, Baldur doesn't have a very glamorous legend to spin right now.

"Hear the tale of Mila, who lived in Cyrodiil for a year or so... And uh, stole some shit." Can't really mention the Oblivion thing... "Oh yeah! She bravely defeated... a bunch of your loved ones... with a dirty move... Okay so she was actually a bit of a dick."

• Haha 2