Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sure.

Hide contents

The story came to her mind and she almost told it, but she remembered the pain in his voice when Maric had told her the tale. "The last thing he would want is us gossiping behind his back. We still have our task to complete. Everyone should be prepared to leave within an hour."

I’m pretty sure that was in there, seemed familiar, might not've idk :dntknw: lol

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Found another one. XD LaViolette's response to Asgen's question at the end of the post got left out. The part where he asks what Maric's son is doing in Skyrim. 

:facepalm:fixed it. I don't think I've ever done this before and then I did it three times in this post

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Centurion said:

BT and Doc

Hide contents

great post, and holy fuck was it long :rofl: I had to take a break half way through and go to the shopette! Marci killed it in this post, straight hit Theo with the “Fat fuck” and “I’ll kill him” :rofl: oof Tho DUN FUCKED UP. Asgen as always was brilliant just goin around pissing of the prissy lil Bretons, good shit. Morane’s development in this post was nice as well, especially when talking to (I can’t remember his name right now) parents.

I probably should've split it into two posts like I did the last Theo one (which was another 10 pages of a word document longer) but I was lazy. Apparently too lazy considering I missed some shit.

Anyway, thanks! I'm glad you like Morane's stuff. I was looking forward to digging into her backstory a bit more through talking to Zuhkal's parents. But yeah, Theo definitely fucked up. Dude has to have a little more faith in others besides Maric

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That's weird. I just edited it into the post like a minute ago.

It was in there but before where it should've been. Or maybe you edited it in the wrong place? Idk when I edited it after you pointed it out the paragraph was there but out of order

Maybe you've done it many times and just never got caught...

Maybe there are entire pages of missing BT paragraphs! Imagine what they must be worth!

Good lord I hope not

• Haha 1

Just now, BTC said:

It was in there but before where it should've been. Or maybe you edited it in the wrong place? Idk when I edited it after you pointed it out the paragraph was there but out of order

Good lord I hope not

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe you've done it many times and just never got caught...

Maybe there are entire pages of missing BT paragraphs! Imagine what they must be worth!

Just whole paragraphs allll the way back to the first BT post, left forgotten and dusty waiting for they day they get found

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Maybe you were still editing it at the same time I was, and your edit overwrote mine. I think I put it in the right spot, because it not being there was the reason I thought it was missing to begin with.

Anyway, it's fixed now. No biggie. :D 

This is what happens when you mess with shadow magic. The infinite potentialities begin to overlap and meld into one until you forget where one ends and another begins. I knew messing with it warped you, I just never expected the consequences to be this devastating 

Edited by BTC
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Could definitely see Ubbe and Asgen getting along tho lmao but he would be absolutely terrified of Fadia 

Shit, I agree. Faida's my scariest character. And she was totally gonna use her witchery to make sure Asgen and Maric won their fights. Course, Maric went on to win both of them on his own because dude's a boss. We made it a point for Maric to notice her just so he could tell Asgen to stop it. XD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BTC said:

This is what happens when you mess with shadow magic. The infinite potentialities begin to overlap and meld into one until you forget where one ends and another begins. I knew messing with it warped you, I just never expected the consequences to be this devastating 

Quick, timeline check!

Is it Berenstein Bears or Berenstain Bears?

Describe the Fruit of the Loom logo!

"If you build it, they will come," or "If you build it, he will come"?

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Shit, I agree. Faida's my scariest character. And she was totally gonna use her witchery to make sure Asgen and Maric won their fights. Course, Maric went on to win both of them on his own because dude's a boss. We made it a point for Maric to notice her just so he could tell Asgen to stop it. XD 

Honestly, I think Faida and Morane could be good friends. They're both weird and scary and sorta solitary magic users, messing with things most people consider taboo. Of course, Morane wouldn't care enough to use her magic to help Asgen or Maric, though she would respect the fact that Faida's a 'cheater' (she's in the Maric school that cheaters are just people who know how to survive)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Quick, timeline check!

Is it Berenstein Bears or Berenstain Bears?

Describe the Fruit of the Loom logo!

"If you build it, they will come," or "If you build it, he will come"?

Beranstein Bears

Apple, grapes, banana, tomato

"If you build him, they will come"

• Confused 2

Just now, BTC said:

Honestly, I think Faida and Morane could be good friends. They're both weird and scary and sorta solitary magic users, messing with things most people consider taboo. Of course, Morane wouldn't care enough to use her magic to help Asgen or Maric, though she would respect the fact that Faida's a 'cheater' (she's in the Maric school that cheaters are just people who know how to survive)

Had we gone that route, I'd have mentioned somewhere that the twins bet money on Maric and Faida was just taking the initiative, so that particular move wasn't a total act of friendship.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: Oh fuck. Wrong universe!

Ain't none of the ones I can see now are right. I knew I shouldn't have let that psychedelic spider bite me either. The trip was fun but the hangover's been weird. Hammers have been talking to me ever since

Had we gone that route, I'd have mentioned somewhere that the twins bet money on Maric and Faida was just taking the initiative, so that particular move wasn't a total act of friendship.

:lol: that's more like the Tynes I know and love. Though now I'm thinking about a Breton fight club where audience participation is encouraged so long as it's subtle, so you have all these different mages turning rocks to sand and flaring lights and making helmets really heavy. Basically, no direct effects on the fighters (blinding them, paralysis, etc.) and no destruction magic.

• Haha 2

:rofl: Glad to know it's just you. Thought I got Mandela'd again. :P 

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

:lol: that's more like the Tynes I know and love. Though now I'm thinking about a Breton fight club where audience participation is encouraged so long as it's subtle, so you have all these different mages turning rocks to sand and flaring lights and making helmets really heavy. Basically, no direct effects on the fighters (blinding them, paralysis, etc.) and no destruction magic.

That sounds awesome, but man, those poor fighters better be getting paid well! I guess to cheat in a game like that, the trick would be to find a way to subtly mess with the audience instead of the fighters. Read their faces and see how they respond to your guy doing well or poorly so you know which ones to interfere with, and then start doing shit to distract them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That sounds awesome, but man, those poor fighters better be getting paid well! I guess to cheat in a game like that, the trick would be to find a way to subtly mess with the audience instead of the fighters. Read their faces and see how they respond to your guy doing well or poorly so you know which ones to interfere with, and then start doing shit to distract them.

I was thinking they're paid exceptionally poorly and this is something some assholes like the Coterie do. Sorta like the High Rock equivalent to the fight club Lawrence found. 

But alternatively, if it was a little more about actually winning and not just watching people beat each other up in interesting ways, I think you're right. Basically the mages and wizards all working to counteract each other or distract each other. Sorta like the real game isn't the fight that's going on, but who can use their magic to counteract everyone else, and do so as subtly as possible. Combining subtly and magic and a duel between knights is like the most Breton thing ever lol

• Like 1

I might steal this idea for the Tynes' origin story. XD Part of why Asgen is so thrilled to be working for Theo now is because they had a pretty long, rough patch before the war that involved taking some degrading jobs and doing some shit they weren't proud of. I could absolutely see Asgen being the guy in the sand while Faida does her best from the crowd to keep him standing.

• Like 1

By all means, please do! I don’t know that it’d ever come up in one of my posts so you’re more than welcome to steal it. Asgen and Faida would be a fun duo to see in that type of fight

3 hours ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

I probably should've split it into two posts like I did the last Theo one (which was another 10 pages of a word document longer) but I was lazy. Apparently too lazy considering I missed some shit.

Anyway, thanks! I'm glad you like Morane's stuff. I was looking forward to digging into her backstory a bit more through talking to Zuhkal's parents. But yeah, Theo definitely fucked up. Dude has to have a little more faith in others besides Maric

:faint: hot damn man my posts seem so short and now I know why lmao, because I think my longest one to date yet has been like 3 pages in a word document. I need to start combine arcs that really don’t have separation between them, but then again I’d never post anything because it takes me months to write posts :rofl: