Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

37 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I have the lowest in both categories @The Good Doctor :rofl:

now if we had a gruesome death stat board I think I would take the cake. Ubbe does shit on the reg that Brund threatened to seem scary :cross:

It’s not the deaths so much as what this fucker does with them after they’re dead XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

@BTC

I never gave you my thoughts on the final segment in our PM because we got to talking about shadow magic and all that nerd stuff. Totally forgot to tell you how good a laugh Falion got out of me at the end when he made his case to LaViolette.

Maric to Falion: “I’m sorry, Falion, but I’m afraid this mission is sensitive and we don’t have room to add anyone else. If you'll excuse me..."

Falion to LaViolette: "Last night I spoke to him about joining you all. He seemed open to the idea."

:rofl: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

By the way, I noticed while reading that a couple paragraphs got left out (you're slacking, BT! :P), so I just went and edited them in. Nothing major, just some dialogue during the scene with Maric and Asgen.

When you edit these in? 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Hide contents

I never gave you my thoughts on the final segment in our PM because we got to talking about shadow magic and all that nerd stuff. Totally forgot to tell you how good a laugh Falion got out of me at the end when he made his case to LaViolette.

Maric to Falion: “I’m sorry, Falion, but I’m afraid this mission is sensitive and we don’t have room to add anyone else. If you'll excuse me..."

Falion to LaViolette: "Last night I spoke to him about joining you all. He seemed open to the idea."

:rofl: 

Oh yeah, that was definitely an intentional lie on his part. Dude just wants to help! Even if it means twisting the truth a bit

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

By the way, I noticed while reading that a couple paragraphs got left out (you're slacking, BT! :P), so I just went and edited them in. Nothing major, just some dialogue during the scene with Maric and Asgen.

Oh shit, really? Where at? I want to update my copy of it. Sorry about that, and thanks for fixing it

I said this in the PM, but I'll say it here too. I felt like this post did a really good job of making Maric feel less like a side character in service to Theodore, and more like his own independent part of the RP. Both in how he interacts with others, and the duel with HR's best swordsman, we see that he's every bit as dangerous a fighter as some of our best. But also, I feel like giving him the main spotlight in a post containing so many characters who have been more prominent than him up till now went a long way to establish the feeling that he's important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Oh shit, really? Where at? I want to update my copy of it. Sorry about that, and thanks for fixing it

Not even paragraphs as it turns out. Just a few sentences.

Asgen responded with a loud snort. "Goiridh Caellein was a Reachman, but he was no freak. That was your word, fool, not mine."

and

"I ain't the one who hit him, boss."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BT and Doc

great post, and holy fuck was it long :rofl: I had to take a break half way through and go to the shopette! Marci killed it in this post, straight hit Theo with the “Fat fuck” and “I’ll kill him” :rofl: oof Tho DUN FUCKED UP. Asgen as always was brilliant just goin around pissing of the prissy lil Bretons, good shit. Morane’s development in this post was nice as well, especially when talking to (I can’t remember his name right now) parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fuck:dntknw:

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also this post had to have read the most like a book of any of your previous posts, very good world building as always BT

Thanks Colonel!

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Now you see why I didn't even want to give the Tynes a POV. Him and LaViolette were the real main characters in this one. Morane's part was more personal and I think showed some nice development on her end, but man, the fucking drama the other two brought. 

I wanted to give them a lot more screen time since Maric is leaving and LaViolette was pretty new and unknown. It makes sense now looking at it why you didn't give the Tynes a POV.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I said this in the PM, but I'll say it here too. I felt like this post did a really good job of making Maric feel less like a side character in service to Theodore, and more like his own independent part of the RP. Both in how he interacts with others, and the duel with HR's best swordsman, we see that he's every bit as dangerous a fighter as some of our best. But also, I feel like giving him the main spotlight in a post containing so many characters who have been more prominent than him up till now went a long way to establish the feeling that he's important.

It sorta surprised me when I started thinking about it that Maric's only real development was back in Skryim. There were a few posts there inside his head. But that was relatively brief and it had been far too long since he got some screen time to be his own character. Really, that sorta requires getting him out of Theo's orbit, since when he's there the role he plays has usually come before his personal stuff. And now it's time to ship him off to the frozen wastes and never see him again :P