Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I never realized Lorgar’s teeth were actually so damn sharp. O.o Really changes the way I imagine all the”wolf-like grins” from the first couple chapters.

Like, those would be a legitimate weapon. Reminds me of Biter. 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20140802162035&path-prefix=zh

Why do you think he's so effective when he's ripping out throats XD Back in Chapter 2 I believe Maggie theorized that he filed them down himself.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Listen man, telling us he’s a werewolf is enough. You don’t have to make this about him being black.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Someone needs they ass kicked I see

Black FUR is more edgy then regular fur, DUH

I haven’t reread the post, but now that it’s out of the PMs, I’ll share my thoughts here too.

Part that stood out the most to me was Baldur’s reaction at the end. We’ve seen him get shaken before, but usually it’s in incredibly emotional or stressful circumstances. Having him get so thrown off by just witnessing power that wasn’t even aimed at hurting him kinda threw me off too. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I haven’t reread the post, but now that it’s out of the PMs, I’ll share my thoughts here too.

Hide contents

Part that stood out the most to me was Baldur’s reaction at the end. We’ve seen him get shaken before, but usually it’s in incredibly emotional or stressful circumstances. Having him get so thrown off by just witnessing power that wasn’t even aimed at hurting him kinda threw me off too. 

I imagine it won’t be the last time that happens either, given what the war is likely to bring. But yeah, his reaction was something that stood out to me as well, and was a cool moment that put his own power into perspective with these other powerful individuals.

Good post, y’all! I was also surprised by how well Illorwe and Baldur got along, and I’m looking forward to more interactions between those two as well as Endar. And Theu too. All these mages around has the Nords feeling jittery but I enjoy it.

It was good to see Fenrald again too, especially since Baldur is now mentoring him. Something about him feels off, though. Not like mysterious or anything, he just seems like a bad or something. Anyway, it’s good to have him back and I look forward to seeing how his relationship with Baldur develops.

And how this sunbird killing weapon comes along. I wasn’t quite sure what Endar had in mind but a trip to a Dwemer forge to make an unmaking device is bad ass. Here’s hoping Illorwe’s warning about what Endar could do doesn’t come true. Or if it does, it’s awesome  

Edited by BTC
  • Like 2

Its one parts pride, two parts him sitting there, Ash-King'd out, with thu'um at the ready, and realizing that even with all that he's done and the power he has, there's still many things he doesn't have control over. Her being an Altmer has a lot to do with it too, and what this war represents. It's lucky that right now the war with the Thalmor might be symbolic of things to come but it's still very much a political thing and not every elf stands with them. Because if it weren't the case, things would look grim. All of those things are going through his head. 

Later on he'll probably rethink on the greybeards and what they taught him, and why people with so much power choose not to use it. He's nowhere near either of their levels but some of that will possibly start to resonate with him, as well as what Ulfric taught him. He'll be able to accept those teachings more readily too with Arngeir's thu'um balancing out the effects of Yol on him.

Not that he'll refuse to use his power, but he probably think to use it more wisely and focus more on contemplating in his training than just practicing with it. 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 minutes ago, BTC said:
  Hide contents

I imagine it won’t be the last time that happens either, given what the war is likely to bring. But yeah, his reaction was something that stood out to me as well, and was a cool moment that put his own power into perspective with these other powerful individuals.

Good post, y’all! I was also surprised by how well Illorwe and Baldur got along, and I’m looking forward to more interactions between those two as well as Endar. And Theu too. All these mages around has the Nords feeling jittery but I enjoy it.

It was good to see Fenrald again too, especially since Baldur is now mentoring him. Something about him feels off, though. Not like mysterious or anything, he just seems like a bad or something. Anyway, it’s good to have him back and I look forward to seeing how his relationship with Baldur develops.

And how this sunbird killing weapon comes along. I wasn’t quite sure what Endar had in mind but a trip to a Dwemer forge to make an unmaking device is bad ass. Here’s hoping Illorwe’s warning about what Endar could do doesn’t come true. Or if it does, it’s awesome  

I think Bully got along well with her, Baldur just tolerated her more than expected XD He obviously didn't trust her, as an Altmer mage vs Endar, a dunmer mage who he's used to dealing with, and even though his good nature wanted to, his history with the Altmer and his position kept him from doing so. So he's keeping his distance.

And not to mention his frustration and coming to grips with what she was and could do. A man that's obsessed with control to the point of killing his friend (cough, anakin, cough) would hate to see something like that. 

Old Baldur would've been fascinated and want to learn all about it for knowledge sake alone. New Baldur was only concerned with the fact that if she chose to be his enemy and ruin everything he'd planned, he probably couldn't  stop her.

There was one other similar moment like this in the RP already, and it was when Witch showed him what he could do and what he was. He's still not powerful enough to match witch but he certainly feels more prepared to deal with him should that time ever come than he was before.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I think Bully got along well with her, Baldur just tolerated her more than expected XD He obviously didn't trust her, as an Altmer mage vs Endar, a dunmer mage who he's used to dealing with, and even though his good nature wanted to, his history with the Altmer and his position kept him from doing so. So he's keeping his distance.

And not to mention his frustration and coming to grips with what she was and could do. A man that's obsessed with control to the point of killing his best friend (cough, anakin, cough) would hate to see something like that. 

Old Baldur would've been fascinated and want to learn all about it for knowledge sake alone. New Baldur was only concerned with the fact that if she chose to be his enemy and ruin everything he'd planned, he probably couldn't  stop her.

There was one other similar moment like this in the RP already, and it was when Witch showed him what he could do and what he was. He's still not powerful enough to match witch but he certainly feels more prepared to deal with him should that time ever come than he had before.

Yeah I didn’t mean to suggest they got along like friends, just better than I expected. I thought it would be a much more vocally antagonistic first meeting but ended up not being too contentious. Bully certainly got along with her, which seemed to diffuse some of Baldur’s own worry. Though you’re right his reflection on his own comparative lack of power certainly wasn’t because he made a new friend. But when she mentioned it I sorta expected him to take her up on the offer to leave and stay elsewhere or under closer watch

Edited by BTC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BTC said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I didn’t mean to suggest they got along like friends, just better than I expected. I thought it would be a much more vocally antagonistic first meeting but ended up not being too contentious. Bully certainly got along with her, which seemed to diffuse some of Baldur’s own worry. Though you’re right his reflection on his own comparative lack of power certainly wasn’t because he made a new friend. But when she mentioned it I sorta expected him to take her up on the offer to leave and stay elsewhere or under closer watch

He did on the latter, her and Endar both. Lol even if he hadn't, his men would be watching their every move regardless of his orders. As would the townfolk. 

And probably Rebec.

But distrusting or not, fearful or not, he's also keenly aware of how much knowledge she holds and how useful an ally she could be, even if she won't take a more active role in the war likely. Endar too. He's not gonna throw the chance away to pick their brains because of his own Nord xenophobia and bias.

5 minutes ago, BTC said:

But when she mentioned it I sorta expected him to take her up on the offer to leave and stay elsewhere or under closer watch

Same here. Although I doubt it would’ve made him feel much better if she just teleported away and presumably still has the ability to know where Endar is going from wherever she goes.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Like a bad what? A bad guy?

Lol yes like a bad guy. Not for any particular reason. Probably just because he’s played by you and if I remember correctly he was rude to the Bretons. So maybe I just think he’s a dick XD 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Lol yes like a bad guy. Not for any particular reason. Probably just because he’s played by you and if I remember correctly he was rude to the Bretons. So maybe I just think he’s a dick XD 

Fenrald a bad guy and a dick?

It's more likely than you think!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Dude spoilers! :P 

I’ve got enough asshole characters. Why would I make Fenrald a bad guy and a dick?

Well, he is a Nord. They're kinda just born like that.

Hell I think the nicest people we got are what, Veleda and fucking Ingun? :rofl: Or maybe the fucking Tynes? :rofl: 

Brund literally killed the nicest Nord character on that mountain, and also the slowest.

Arngeir I guess, and Theu if he was a Nord, which apparently he ain't XD 

Vigge is a cock blocking hatin ass bitch plus he's dead so :whistling:

• Haha 1