Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

To be serious; the winner of Vaati's "Bloodborne 2" art competetion did Loran as it's "sequel" and some of the shit they made is crazy awesome. Especially the return of the Blood Moon; and the concept of the "eclipse" changing the world state of an ancient city buried in sand. 

AAWUweXz3KlsHIdEey1mDC6e2pb8hd-O6YmtmUxk

eVZqSJd.jpg

One thing I hope Blue Point has the wise sense of not doing is going crazy with landmass; part of what makes Bloodborne such a memorable experience is how it fleshes out a single city as most of the enviorment you explore (with some of the cities outskirts and even it's own nightmarish version of the Paris Catacombs explorable). And with the city; you have a full on plaque outbreak, it's local customs/theocracy, and all the lore pertaining to the Old Ones.  I have a worry that instead of doing another city, they'll expand the score and leave alot of the intimacy Yharnam brought with it's focus on a single place. 

8c04436834d5ad672aeefb785028c034.jpg

Bloodborne-Old-Yarnham_From-Software.jpg

tumblr_o91cm2obaO1rs6hqwo1_1280.jpg

Hell it's such a good setting it has it's own Wikipedia page XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yharnam

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I have a worry that instead of doing another city, they'll expand the score and leave alot of the intimacy Yharnam brought with it's focus on a single place. 

I liked Yharnam a lot. But I’d be fine with them broadening the scope in a sequel. It’s all about how they do it.

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But if turns out to work really well in a spiritual successor to DS, which was set in and around one city, then surely that could be down with a BB sequel as well.

I feel like just redoing Yharnam would be too much of the same.

I'm not really saying that. Wouldn't even have to be a city; could be a desert canyon or some giant temple-complex.

When you look at Dark Souls (and Demons Souls) it's a bunch of different locations/enviorments put into the worldscape take 3; which has Lothric, Farron, Carthus, and Irthyill, such and such. Which is great and fits well, but it's a little bit...dilluted, if that makes sense? but I thought a singular city, with a ton of different districts and outlying parts, with complimenting themes of enemies, lore, and culture was a really cool experience. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought a singular city, with a ton of different districts and outlying parts, with complimenting themes of enemies, lore, and culture was a really cool experience. 

I agree. But since we’ve already done that and done it well, I’m fine with the series branching out to try something different. Yharnam was great, but I’m not invested in any other cities like that yet.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I agree. But since we’ve already done that and done it well, I’m fine with the series branching out to try something different. 

Which is happening in Elden Ring XD

There's also the fact, if the rumors are true, this will be Blue Point's first original game. Not just Souls game; first original game peroid . Making Demon's Souls will be a big help, but maybe they might want to do a more conviential sequel first to test the waters. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I hope not. Bloodborne feels so compete as it is, I don’t really care to revisit the world unless they do something really new and different.

I'm just worried they'd fuck it up if they were given so much freedom XD I loved it as a whole, but some of the artistic changes in Demon's Souls for example were pretty questionable.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm just worried they'd fuck it up if they were given so much freedom XD I loved it as a whole, but some of the artistic changes in Demon's Souls for example were pretty questionable.

If they’re not competent enough, then yeah I would prefer to just not get a sequel. The first one is fine on its own.