Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It kinda rubs me the wrong way; like they decided to make Summoning an entirely viable playstyle :rofl: It sounds very fun though, I love necromancy when they include it as option in games. It just sounds too easy, i'll give it ago after I beat the game. 

My guess is that it’s either going to be this game’s "easy mode" that gives players an advantage without actually altering the stats or gameworld.

That, or it comes with some serious prices or limitations and is actually balanced pretty well. I guess we’ll see. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"Wanted to create the most fucked up family he could" 

It's going to be something, considering the fact he wrote the Boltons and Lannisters XD

That’s a great point. :rofl: 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

:rofl:

“When George R.R. Martin first agreed to help write the backstory to my upcoming title, I had reason to suspect that this was all part of a long con to secure himself thousands of sketches of undressed nymphs and sorceresses,” said Miyazaki, describing his deep dismay at watching a gleeful Martin sprinting out of the office.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Martin sprinting

I don’t believe him. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

dx0w7m7c99571.jpg?width=916&auto=webp&s=

That sounds awesome. 

Is it weird that I’m almost getting Ocarina of Time vibes from some of this stuff?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t believe him. 

That sounds awesome. 

Is it weird that I’m almost getting Ocarina of Time vibes from some of this stuff?

I was thinking the same way; especially with the Mounted Combat and how high fantasy it looks (though it looks way darker then Zelda). It be cool to have a magical insturment that can maybe dynmaically change the world state you in at will, maybe unlock some horrible ritual that causes the area to turn into hell on earth XD 

Hopefully there isn't a timer like Majora's Mask were the world ends if you don't complete the game on time XD

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hopefully there isn't a timer like Majora's Mask were the world ends if you don't complete the game on time XD

That was so cool. XD It was like high fantasy Groundhog Day. 

I’d combine it with an Arthur reference and have it in a lake. It is unavailable by day, but night it can be seen glowing in the moonlit depths.

Instead of being gifted to us by the Lady in the Lake, we instead have a boss fight with her, and she’s like this terrifying water creature.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d combine it with an Arthur reference and have it in a lake. It is unavailable by day, but night it can be seen glowing in the moonlit depths.

Instead of being gifted to us by the Lady in the Lake, we instead have a boss fight with her, and she’s like this terrifying water creature.

That's the shit I want to see; though thankfully it's already confirmed night and day drastically change the world state. I want stuff like that, alongside secret bosses and areas. Imagine finding an underground fortress whose door can only be seen by starlight like Durin's Door in Moria? The openworld mixed with all the classical FROM elements like secret areas is going to be insane. 

This old piece of concept art would suit her. All the High fantasy elements with the George and FROM blender are going to be so cool. 

2-t8uqcmB.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, the day/night cycle has a ton of potential in an open world Fromsoft game. That is one of the things I’m most excited to see. 

You could have alot of world states with the crazy magic; maybe go back in time, do some evil rituals that brings darkness to the land, a secret that summons some kind of abomination to the mortal plane, tons of opputunities. 

Apparently some of Nightfall is made up of some assets that were meant for another Dark Souls modding project; Rekindled. It's been cancelled, and most of the team (including its leader) went to Dark Souls Nightfall (good idea too, 15 skilled modders working on a single project explains why it only took three years to make XD) Apparently there using a modified version of Jar-eel's model from Rekindled for the Chosen Undead, whose the main antagonist of the game. I think it suits a Kaathe-aligned version of the character. From a moral perspective, I don't know what to think XD

2834286-3433705122-latest

UbBbzHx.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

the Chosen Undead, whose the main antagonist of the game.

Now that’s just cool. Not sure how I feel about the model in that second image, but Chosen Undead as the main antagonist is an awesome idea.