Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Why do you all assume i'm some kind of string-pulling super troll that has the entire souls community wrapped around my fingers 

Because most of the Souls community are desperate, star-eyed, content-hungry idiots who will latch onto any piece of bait that gets dangled in front of them.

Perfect targets for a troll like yourself.

This has been discussed to death but want a refresher discussion. One, I find it interesting and disappointing to find out that Ebrietas is merely a kin, but tbh it makes sense or else a true Great One wouldnt be stuck or left behind... just wanted to throw that in there, I always wanted to think she was a true great one but she is not, she's very much like rom, tho imo either a more successful rom, IE closer to the great ones or she's older than rom, which that much we do know. More successful.

In which case, that she's merely a kin explains why some people's blood isnt strong enough for more uplifting. The blood from ebrietas really isnt even full great one blood in the first place. But of course that's just one source of the blood, the other being Kos and the orphan of kos where they found their first cord.

I would assume then also that merely one cord is why rom and ebrietas were merely kin in the first place, that you need at least three for a full successful transformation, and that is for literally anyone since you as a hunter can be as bestial as can be and still ascend with three cords. Since consuming them gives you forced insight.

Anyway so tbh it doesnt seem like the kind of blood be it pure old one blood or kin blood matters entirely that much because the scourges that derived from both are indistinguishable.....

All that seems to really matter is the amount of insight one has when the red moon descends. Which is interesting btw that when other great ones are involved, only kin comes from that interaction, but Flora specifically brings the scourge to humanity even tho their blood used has nothing to do with her... Why? 

Kind of unexplained really. Actually I just remembered that it was Gehrman that brought down the moon on us, in theory because of the moon ritual stuff we saw and the doll stuff etc, to bring back Maria. Which is why he's the... first hunter? Right? 

Hmm, so weird that her presence could invoke a transformation like that from humans with unrelated great one blood but it works with the whole werewolf mythos. Strange that this isnt a question I asked before.

Tho I dont think that's ever truly stated. Lets see, the mensis ritual was a thing which brings the moon and made the one reborn... then gehrman used it and brought a hunt too... Child of Kos made a whole unrelated nightmare that hunters got trapped in instead of being freed upon death.

What am I missing... ah the Pthumerians had the red moon come too when Mergo was a thing. So remind me, did that scourge happen spontaneously or did someone do a ritual and call Flora down on them too? Because if so, it almost seems like Flora is hunting and eradicating traces of old blood sources and the ones infected with it, not just going after their surrogates and children.

Like maybe she or it was purposefully either one, preventing other great old ones from having any offspring or two, just didnt want humans to ascend.

Hard to tell. Thoughts? Like, why else would she give a damn to make these hunts. Definitely not a friend to other great ones, in fact it seems like her efforts always fuck up things for the others. Mergo is the obvious one. That whole thing with the Pthumerians caused Mergo to hide in a corrupted dream and entrap the mensis brain in it.

While we're at it, any thoughts as to what's up with that too?

K done rambling. Need to recall my bloodborne lore

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This has been discussed to death but want a refresher discussion. One, I find it interesting and disappointing to find out that Ebrietas is merely a kin, but tbh it makes sense or else a true Great One wouldnt be stuck or left behind... just wanted to throw that in there, I always wanted to think she was a true great one but she is not, she's very much like rom, tho imo either a more successful rom, IE closer to the great ones or she's older than rom, which that much we do know. More successful.

In which case, that she's merely a kin explains why some people's blood isnt strong enough for more uplifting. The blood from ebrietas really isnt even full great one blood in the first place. But of course that's just one source of the blood, the other being Kos and the orphan of kos where they found their first cord.

I would assume then also that merely one cord is why rom and ebrietas were merely kin in the first place, that you need at least three for a full successful transformation, and that is for literally anyone since you as a hunter can be as bestial as can be and still ascend with three cords. Since consuming them gives you forced insight.

Anyway so tbh it doesnt seem like the kind of blood be it pure old one blood or kin blood matters entirely that much because the scourges that derived from both are indistinguishable.....

All that seems to really matter is the amount of insight one has when the red moon descends. Which is interesting btw that when other great ones are involved, only kin comes from that interaction, but Flora specifically brings the scourge to humanity even tho their blood used has nothing to do with her... Why? 

Kind of unexplained really. Actually I just remembered that it was Gehrman that brought down the moon on us, in theory because of the moon ritual stuff we saw and the doll stuff etc, to bring back Maria. Which is why he's the... first hunter? Right? 

Hmm, so weird that her presence could invoke a transformation like that from humans with unrelated great one blood but it works with the whole werewolf mythos. Strange that this isnt a question I asked before.

Tho I dont think that's ever truly stated. Lets see, the mensis ritual was a thing which brings the moon and made the one reborn... then gehrman used it and brought a hunt too... Child of Kos made a whole unrelated nightmare that hunters got trapped in instead of being freed upon death.

What am I missing... ah the Pthumerians had the red moon come too when Mergo was a thing. So remind me, did that scourge happen spontaneously or did someone do a ritual and call Flora down on them too? Because if so, it almost seems like Flora is hunting and eradicating traces of old blood sources and the ones infected with it, not just going after their surrogates and children.

Like maybe she or it was purposefully either one, preventing other great old ones from having any offspring or two, just didnt want humans to ascend.

Hard to tell. Thoughts? Like, why else would she give a damn to make these hunts. Definitely not a friend to other great ones, in fact it seems like her efforts always fuck up things for the others. Mergo is the obvious one. That whole thing with the Pthumerians caused Mergo to hide in a corrupted dream and entrap the mensis brain in it.

The cost of paragraphing is dueling Balrog in ds3 >:)

ah and of course, the one reborn was yet another failed attempt to ascend as is the continual goal of almost everyone in bloodborne. So I wonder if that might be what the brain of mensis is... its a genuine great old one apparently and yet it seems corrupted and held hostage in mergo's nightmare. I wonder why. Like, what if that fucked up brain was actually the last remnants of another great old one we know.... but which? Couldnt be the formless one I guess because... its supposed to be formless... only thing I know is the connection "grant us eyes, plant eyes onto our brains like you once did for the Vacuous Rom." speaking of Kos. Kos who to get to you had to do that contact pose at the clock tower, who you also can do to the brain.... blech I dunno what the connection is or what that brain is really supposed to be. It seems odd to me that there'd be an unnamed great old one just chillin. 

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

0a8.jpg

If you actually look around the Altar of Despair, Eberitas is kneeling over an insectoid corpse of what one hundred percent is Rom's corpse, and seemingly mourning her, so they'm both being kin makes perfect sense. 

The whole relationship between Kin and Old Ones are very arbitary; Rom was powerful enough to seemingly hold back the power of Paleblood (Who Miyisaki has stated may or not be the Moon Presence) as well as prvent the School of Menesis from enacting there ritual; the eclipse birth of there false old one, the One Reborn. It's only one Rom is killed, Yharnam falls apart from the influence of the Blood Moon (Aka Paleblood) That indicates enormous cosmic strength...and when you compare it to the Amygdala, which are true Old Ones, yet are much, much weaker, it's a moot point.

It's like how people assume Gywndallion the Dark Sun is weak because they aren't much good in battle, yet there able to makes hundreds of illusions that are perfectly capable of killing you, mask the entire fucking moon with a fake sun, and empower his followers with divine magic. Power rankings don't work well XD

When it comes to Paleblood's motives (I know there's super rare diaoulge that indicates Flora is her name, but it makes her sound like a plant XD) I proscribe to Doctor's theroy; that's she's a predator of other Old Ones. She uses the Hunters as proxies and pawns, and positions herself to devour them while lurking in the shadows.  I doubt she cares at all that it's Formless Odeon's blood the humans are exploiting and then getting fucked over each fucking time. It's just a tool to create the perfect scenario for her to snack on other Old Ones. 

Odeon is similarlly motivated. He dosen't give a shit about anything (why would such higher level beings care about the opinions of ants)  He just uses the phenomon of the Blood Moon to impregenate human females with his spawn; that's the main interest the Old Ones seem to have with humanity; they can't have children of there own, and they need humans as surrogates. 

I’m not satisfied with that theory, of the moon presence, flora :P (it’s just a human given name, it’s whatever), only because it just seems so… mindless. Simple.

is it possible or likely sure, she makes the hunters and she sends them out to deal death. Goddess of death. 

And life ironically, I remember that old theory of mine, but you know I don’t like too simple of an explanation. That she hunts great ones is a given. The why is what always bothered me. Competition, jealousy, what could it be.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m not satisfied with that theory, of the moon presence, flora :P (it’s just a human given name, it’s whatever), only because it just seems so… mindless. Simple.

is it possible or likely sure, she makes the hunters and she sends them out to deal death. Goddess of death. 

And life ironically, I remember that old theory of mine, but you know I don’t like too simple of an explanation. That she hunts great ones is a given. The why is what always bothered me. Competition, jealousy, what could it be.

That's the exact point; Great Ones are described as thinking on another, utterly removed field as humans. We're ants to them, we can't begin to understand there motivation for the things they do XD

If we assume that all great old ones desire a child then I would need to assume that she is the same. Lol that Oedon uses her to knock women up makes it seem like they’re together and gets jealous of the women they use as surrogate. So she starts the hunts to eradicate it all.

not my theory, just funny

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That's the exact point; Great Ones are described as thinking on another, utterly removed field as humans. We're ants to them, we can't begin to understand there motivation for the things they do XD

But I’m gonna try anyway 😆

If you want to get into the Dark Souls mood again, Nightfall comes out the month after next XD It's a super mod being made by all the big names in the community (even people who worked on the actual games); Takes places seconds after the Chosen Undead kills Gywn, and follows the Dark Lord ending (You even get to the CH fight Gywn and be crowned Lord of Pygmies by Kaathe), and depicts the Age of Dark for the first time XD

Besides the new world, bosses, fully voiced new NPCS, and mechanics, they remade the combat to resemble Bloodborne's alot. (There's a stance system).

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If we assume that all great old ones desire a child then I would need to assume that she is the same. Lol that Oedon uses her to knock women up makes it seem like they’re together and gets jealous of the women they use as surrogate. So she starts the hunts to eradicate it all.

not my theory, just funny

Pushing human thinking on giant tentacle cosmic gods is not the way to go XD

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Fear even

That would actually make sense. The Moon Presence does appear to be far weaker than any Great One we see, at least in terms of typical strength (the illusions and nightmare stuff seem more its method of fucking with humans). So perhaps it has reason to fear them.

Not to mention, a being murdering others out of fear is pretty damn thematically appropriate in a game where paranoia and fear is what led to the formation of the Hunters and the atrocities that the humans committed as well.

• Like 1

As for the mensis brain, is it possible that brain is also Mergo in some twisted way, like in its infancy since we always seem to murder either king or infants. Like that’s itself trapped in its own nightmare.

mensis found it when looking for more cords I presume since they realized eventually that they needed 3