Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

That would actually make sense. The Moon Presence does appear to be far weaker than any Great One we see, at least in terms of typical strength (the illusions and nightmare stuff seem more its method of fucking with humans). So perhaps it has reason to fear them.

Not to mention, a being murdering others out of fear is pretty damn thematically appropriate in a game where paranoia and fear is what led to the formation of the Hunters and the atrocities that the humans committed as well.

Agreed, it’s my favorite theory thus far. Ironically too it seems like she’s been killed by her own “child”, you, a creation of her own making, a Hunter. Like boomers vs millennial stuff XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Tbh there is lots of reason to fear the humans… look what they’ve done with the blood, look what they did to try and ascend. Drinking blood of dead old ones and their fetuses…

eating their umbilical cords? Plunging into nightmare worlds caused by their actions and doings…

Speaking of Bloodborne; I recently did the Yharnam Sunrise ending for Halloween. I find this one of the most striking images of the game. 

Yharnam_Sunrise_1.png

I remeber talking about how FROM loves to put Eastern concepts into there titles, but with a western skin. Yharnam Sunrise really gives the impression your subjecting yourself to a Sepuku ritual, and that Gherman is honorably finishing you off as your Kaishakunin/

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Speaking of you know this reminds me of the matrix.we are agent smith refusing to turn ourselves in for deletion. The program gone rogue.

Except Gherman welcomes death XD He's just trying to prevent what happened to him, happen to you, very selflessly. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Agreed, it’s my favorite theory thus far. Ironically too it seems like she’s been killed by her own “child”, you, a creation of her own making, a Hunter. Like boomers vs millennial stuff XD 

It also seems believable to me even for a cosmic entity. Survival is such a baseline motivation that even the most abstract of beings could conceivably kill to ensure it. It doesn’t make Flora feel any more human or comprehensible like other motives might. 

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This reminds me of “if aliens met humans they’d fear us and wanna stay away from us” etc etc

Imagine discovering a new uncharted island where 99% of the natives’ stories about outsiders revolve around killing them.

That’s what aliens would see if they came to earth. XD They’d stream Independence Day on their holo projector, watch some crazy farmer man laugh as he kamikazes his plane into a mothership for America, and they’d nope the hell out of here real quick.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Imagine discovering a new uncharted island where 99% of the natives’ stories about outsiders revolve around killing them.

That’s what aliens would see if they came to earth. XD They’d stream Independence Day on their holo projector, watch some crazy farmer man laugh as he kamikazes his plane into a mothership for America, and they’d nope the hell out of here real quick.

I'd probally be the insane X-Files obsessed female groupies who want there children instead of that XD

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Except Gherman welcomes death XD He's just trying to prevent what happened to him, happen to you, very selflessly. 

Gehrman isn’t smith, you are XD 

Gehrman is a slave to the machine that we can free… by taking his blood lol

To be fair a lot of people asked for it xD

But they are scrubs. If its another story tho entirely, maybe even a prequel, I'd be ok with it...

Like, if it gets the DS3 treatment. That would actually be amazing. But, also has to be on pc, Im not getting another trashcan console to play a sequel so the rumors about that better be true or rip

• Like 1

I always loved that, despite the fact it takes a lot of inspiration from classic gothic horror, has one of the most detailed depictions of Lycantropy ever, and having countless variations of the  typical werewolf, the word Lycantrope and Werewolf is never used once XD

dy4o0E5.png

I think thats good since some of these things arent even really wolf like, and just bestial in general. Ludwig is the easy example and cheap since its a nightmare world but then again I guess so is the base game... that said, first good example, the Cleric Beast, which fun fact isnt actually Laurence, that's just another rando Cleric Beast. He was the first but others followed him in the transformation from the Healing Church.

It looks more like a european adaptation of the Wendigo. 

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Me too, but I’d want it to be waaaay different. Less DS1 to DS3 and more DS1 to Bloodborne, except set in the same universe.

That was the original idea behind Bloodborne itself, it was supposed to be a sequel to Demon's Souls 10,000 years in the future.