Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dark Souls is that it's already inherently inside humanity (and it questions whether the real humanity are the dark sprites within us, or the psychological humanity) and that we can be transformed into nightmarish creatures of the Abyss by it going wild. 

yea see this is just too edgy and mundane to me. There's nothing alien about the nature of man. We've been dealing with it since we existed. We're awful but can also be good. But some people believe we're inherently evil, and blah blah blah blah blahhhh this is why I stopped liking True Detective

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

If anything it's the opposite; humanity has been prosecuted by it's shadow by the God's who'd fear it would overtake them and their precious flame (life and disparity.) You seem to  be mistaking darkness=evil, while in reality, darkness is simply another element ("With fire came disparity and darkness") It is simply a cosmic principle, like flame and time.  An element that happens to be heavily associated with humans.

Your associating darkness as "the evil within", which it clearly it isn't.

Pure is described as being almost blissful; the "Peace" and gentle nature of the shadows comforting people. Darkness is not inherently evil, and hence humanity is not inherently evil. Miyi, in an interview, stated he wanted a common thread to be that humans are ultimately good in Dark Souls.

Humanity can be twisted with corruption, and hence darkness can be twisted by corruption, but at it's core, it "is cold, gentle, and soothing". 

That's an element that Bloodborne lacks; the unique elements of it's principles, the duel nature of fire and flame, and humanity struggling to find an identify between these opposing forces. (Darkness is our natural place, but, after it was forced upon us, many choose to reject there nature, and embrace the flame). Flame and Darkness are primeval principles of the universe; life as we know it spawned from them.  Darkness and flame are corrupted; neither are inherently bad (quite the opposite) and they spawn evil.

The foreign element (which you call "alien") is the form of the God's, there transgression, and how they influenced events in there favor to try and remove darkness. The closest things to "aliens" are the Everlasting Dragons who were removed from the cycle of fire and darkness completely. 

Dark Souls is nothing like true detective XD  And it's just as unique as Bloodborne, if not moreso. It's cosmology is based on alot of pagan religions, while Bloodborne's is based primarily on Lovecraft world.  

• Like 1

All of that is subjective

The irony being you argued darkness and humanity were evil more than I did XD 

You can argue how you see darkness but it’s irrelevant, it’s still talking about the nature of humanity and monsters that can come of it just like true detective

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me of the Isle of Man. :P 

I kinda wish there was at least one friendly city in the game. But I guess it might not fit.

Maybe; the world feels alot more alive; it's teeming with game and livestock, alongside patrols of soldiers.