Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Now that’s just cool. Not sure how I feel about the model in that second image, but Chosen Undead as the main antagonist is an awesome idea. 

I mean do you see how Darkwraiths dress XD

Ex_I9EoWgAcqZAF.jpg

And yeah, you witness them murder Gywn and be "crowned" by Kaathe and Frampt in the ending cutscene of 1, but you see it from someone else perspective in gameplay. Dev's are describing it as "The Majora's Mask of Dark Souls". 

Though a quick note because the devs had to clarify it cause people were screaming "DEX, NO DEX", there's multiple classes, the W.I.P preview was running with the shinobi which is why they started them with nippon steel. Some people thought they were forcing you to play dex XD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That looks good. My only complaint is that campfires are still used for checkpoints in a game set in the Age of Darkness.

It's kinda weird since they even went the extra mile to change the Estus to a new healing item/system XD Maybe it's W.I.P. But then again, as Gywn's pendent indicates, the fire seems to be at the point of cinders but still barely alit and darkness has fallen, but not fully spread forth. Apparently there's a game time limit (indicated by "one cinder goes out") before the fire is fully extinguished, but Gywn's willpower is so strong his pendent is throwing back the flow of time, allowing you to reset the world state and the flames, so the player can reset the timer at the cost of losing progression (while keeping your level and items), Hence the Majora's Mask of Dark Souls. 

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Stealth Archer build here I come XD

I have a feeling stealth archers will be OP for running around the world, but will get stomped on by bosses and invaders.

Imagine fighting a necromancer who has like two summons that zero in on your the moment you break stealth. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I have a feeling stealth archers will be OP for running around the world, but will get stomped on by bosses and invaders.

Imagine fighting a necromancer who has like two summons that zero in on your the moment you break stealth. XD 

It was the same in Sekiro XD And I guess it's also balanced by the fact if you wait for night, were stealth is apparently the strongest, you got monsters lurking around 

BTW, a relatively recent Lore person has come on the scene and has become very popular (Vaati even used them as a source in one of his recent vidoes). Lokey Lore. I've been binge reading their stuff, they have a really unique method. They take the Japanese script and directly translate it with no localization attempts, and use that before the official English localization, and there's some pretty insane differences in the text. Not only that, they write in essay format, and alot of there stuff they gleam from the original text is fascinating. The way they write is entertaining, and they provide evidence (with no super sad music and misleading information like someone we all know XD); they post direct screenshots, alongside direct dialogue and item descriptions whenever they make a claim.

There essay on the truth nature of Rosaria is one of them most disgusting and harrowing reads i've read from a lore blog XD Super unsettling and gross, but high quality. (It postulates Rosaria was one of Gywnevere's divine children, and that after his coup in Anor Londo, the Pontif used her as a baby factory for both feeding and as a slave to Aldritch the Man-Eater as appeasement.) They also frame the state of Anor Londo in D3 as a civil war between Aldritch and the Pontiff (who people usually regard as being in cahoots, rather they point evidence to suggest the Pontiff was using Aldritch as simply a vessel to link the fire, but he lost control of him) 

https://lokeysouls.com/2021/02/12/rosaria/

https://lokeysouls.com/2020/12/14/the-deep/

• 3 weeks later...

I had been under the impression that gathering the Giant Souls in Ds2 brought hollow Vendrick closer to his true power but nah.

Just learned that the power of the giants was so strong that even ages since their conquest, their hatred weakens Vendrick in his presence. Think about that, the hollow form of Vendrick is naturally that powerful without the giant souls debuffing him. Vendrick has to have be the strongest human in Souls, man defeated the incarnations of the Lord Souls, destroyed kingdoms and rose to the highest position all without being an undefeatable determined juggernaut of an undead.

In a series where time travel can actually alter/predestine the world, you do zero damage to non-hollowed Vendrick and he instantly boots you from his time. 

Too bad he doubted becoming the dark lord in the last second lmao

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think Gael could give him a run for his money once he’s eaten the pygmies and nearly has the entire dark soul within him.

Gael is an absolute gigachad of determination that far exceeds anything Vendrick was ever capable of. But Vendrick was also a fearful human, who faltered in his final steps towards becoming a 'true monarch'. Who knows how many times Gael has died over the many many years. Gael from the start as a Slave Knight was undead and with his willpower was unbeatable through it, rather than raw power.

Vendrick is the opposite. He succumbed to the curse rather then continue on as an undead, though all his achievements he had done was as a human. But props where its due for the sheer amount he was capable of. As badass as Alonne, Ivory King, Rhaime were, they don't hold a candle to Vendrick neither in prime nor as a hollow. Who only the literal remnants of the strongest of a race, who through absolute hatred can weaken him enough for you to even have a chance against him.

It doesn't help he's one of the hardest hitting bosses in the game, that can also instant curse you with rare displays of dark magic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If there is a hole nearby, Patches beats anyone, full stop. XD 

Literally survived from the start of the world to it's ending, by kicking clerics/knights in holes and then begging for mercy if they came out XD Who else can say that?!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Literally survived from the start of the world to it's ending, by kicking clerics/knights in holes and then begging for mercy if they came out XD Who else can say that?!

Don’t forget that time he transferred to another universe and became a spider. Who else can say that? XD 

Glad to see Dark Souls modding finally take off. What's super impressive is the community made the tools themselves, cause there was zero provided by FROM (Most Japaense devs don't understand modding) unlike Beth games, and were seeting total conversions like this and Nightfall. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Whoa. That’s not what I expected. 

The top one looks like he’d be one of those devils that appears on a cartoon character’s shoulder to whisper bad ideas into their ear. XD 

"Yes, eat the weak gods. Eat them for their flaming sooouuuuls.":GwynSucks:

I've never quite seen a devil be that  fat and fucking creepy (if that one appeared in a Kid's TV program, might have traumatized a generation XD 

The bottom one though, fuck it. I'd be running away back to the fog wall if I saw it in-game. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The bottom one though, fuck it. I'd be running away back to the fog wall if I saw it in-game. 

The funny thing is that Aldritch the Devourer would likely have a very difficult time devouring you considering he appears to be laying prone on top of his own tongue. :P 

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The funny thing is that Aldritch the Devourer would likely have a very difficult time devouring you considering he appears to be laying prone on top of his own tongue. :P 

I find that really unsettlingly cool detail, since the subtitle says "Aldritch as a martyr" so I guess he's trying to reach some spiritual truth by forcibly preventing himself from eating ,  suffering as a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Colonel's favorite voreboy is in the mod, and there going with his pre-Gywndalion stage. Really creepy design 

E88VDpoWQAojwJS?format=jpg&name=medium

It's interesting but I'd have taken more of what we're shown in the intro to Ds3. When Aldrich is overflowing his tomb with his gross sludge body.

Those concept arts looks too solid, if you've seen the OG Mummy movies, I imagine Aldrich at that time to be kinda like that wall of sand scene but sludge and gore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's interesting but I'd have taken more of what we're shown in the intro to Ds3. When Aldrich is overflowing his tomb with his gross sludge body.

Those concept arts looks too solid, if you've seen the OG Mummy movies, I imagine Aldrich at that time to be kinda like that wall of sand scene but sludge and gore.

I think a fully sludge Aldritch would be wayyyyyy out of the scope, hell it'd be very hard to do for FROM cause of how intensive the animations would be. Archthrones has custom animations, custom models, but there using heavily modified skeletons of existing stuff, nothing really supports a giant sludge monster.