Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Very well known among fans. Most players are more casual and have never been to ADP. 

This too, . Painted World from D1 is a pretty iconic spot, but I doubt alot of people who played Dark Souls never sat foot in it or are aware it exists (Cause you have to access ANOTHER secret location, the revisted Asylum, to find the the Strange Doll, and find an out of the way spot in Anor Londo you can use it on) XD It's kinda ridiculous they lock such expansive content behind something most people won't find but great for me. Same with Cainhurst Castle. 

In contrast I remember reading an interview with Beth that there design philosophy for Skyrim is they want every player to experience everything, cause apparently "content's not worth making if every play doesn't play it XD Which is why I love Lost to the Ages and the Legend of Red Eagle cause of how out of the way that shit is.

21 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Funny considering this is where they prototyped Dark Souls 1

Actually it explains it; apparently the place wasn't going to be in the game at all, but Miyisaki loved it so much, he had the team come up with a way of incoprating outside the main game (A secret area not even connected to the rest of the world) 

There's really creepy art of Nito without his cloak, which is was his OG prototype form 

tumblr_mn4i2oXusd1rg3vrmo1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Been replaying BB on my PS5 (The one thing it does is make loading super fast). Did ya'll know the first time your around Gascoine's house and are across from it (blocked by a gate) you can hear his daughter playing his music box? Love little details like that, never noticed it.

They really started strong by putting the story of Gascoine and his daughter at the beginning of the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They really started strong by putting the story of Gascoine and his daughter at the beginning of the game.

And they finish it at the end. It's even more poignant if you find his secret summon sign and he helps you fight the first boss. Then you find him butchering his wife in the next area...If you include the Imposter sister, the arc goes to the very last section of the game (the blood moon).

Kinda goes with the philosophy of "let's put this heartfelt, super cool sidequest 99 percent of our players will never see cause it's so out of the way" XD It's kinda sad most people will assume Gascoine is just a cool boss while he and his family have a really cool sidequest.

• Like 1

I got to Cainhurt, I can't explain how much I love this area. XD

Forsaken-Cainhurst-Castle-concept-art-1.

hz8ozxnvzoi61.jpg

dk8tg4z5x2i61.jpg

y81a96ycilh61.jpg

Bloodborne's a general love letter to gothic horror; but Cainhurst is quite possibly one of the most atmospheric rendered gothic enviorments in video games (I think Village's Castle is on par with it). Basically a huge nod to classic Vampire stories (I see a ton of Coppola's Dracula in it). It's a shame it has so much cut content and it lost most of it's story importance, but as it is, it's a really amazing level.