Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

I was sad the World War 1 themed sequel  (TRENCHBORNE) didn't reach the top 10, but I really liked these; though it seems to be the fandom is still obsessed with the Vileblood and Loran. My favorite was the final Loran one.  Makes me sad the whole "Giant desert of Cathrus" was removed from 3.

YtqzBgo.jpg

1WEeNsY.jpg

J7Hf3Kj.jpg

• Like 1

*People were complaining Souls was becoming a semi-annual release despite the fact there's three different teams working on three projects at a time*

*It's been two years since Elden Ring's annoucment, no releases since then, and everyone's freaking out and screaming at FROM to release again*

People should be careful what they wish for XD

45 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*People were complaining Souls was becoming a semi-annual release despite the fact there's three different teams working on three projects at a time*

*It's been two years since Elden Ring's annoucment, no releases since then, and everyone's freaking out and screaming at FROM to release again*

People should be careful what they wish for XD

I know it wasn’t made by From, but I assume the people saying this are also counting the Demon Souls remake.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know it wasn’t made by From, but I assume the people saying this are also counting the Demon Souls remake.

It's also a remake that's less interesting (unless it's one of those "reimagining" Remakes) then a new IP XD

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This probally is the coolest mod boss fight i've seen XD

Wow that was leagues above what I'm used to seeing in the modding scene for 3.

I dig everything about this except for Nameless King's phase 2 appearance, it just looks plain awkward. But I do love how both he and Ornstein look in phase 1. I cannot all tell what's been done and what armor Ornstein is wearing but damn it looks awesome.

Hugely into the lighting too, made the whole battle feel grandeur, as if it was fought during the age of the gods.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I love how he's so powerful it causes his Gywn cosplay to explode revealing his burns and scars from thousands of years of battle XD But i'm a DBZ fan, so...

It's how T H I C C he is in phase 2 that makes it awkward. Otherwise it's badass as hell

I watched some more stuff of theirs and I'm pretty into what I see.

Some stuff they're using from Sekiro fits pretty well like Armored Warrior's moveset on the (Giant Sentinel?) guarding Anor Londo. But the Owl's moveset on a boss feels way too fast and floaty for ds3

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It's called Archthrones; the project is trying to be recreate alot of the mechanics (five seperate worlds connected by a hub world, with world tendency and soul form etc) from Demon Souls and set it in the Dark Souls universe. 

From someone on youtube who I assume is a member of the team (doubly so since the team leader replied calling him a spy :P) said this when someone asked if it's a reimagining.

It's in the dark souls universe. It's like a retelling of DS3 in an alternate universe where the lords of cinder are not the main focus of the story. One example is Aldrich never left the cathedral, Sulyvahn never left the painting, stuff like that. The player is an outsider who has stumbled into the land (still an undead). The story centers around satiating the archthrones in the nexus (firelink shrine) so that you can go to the kiln and link the fire with your great soul. There some important plot characters I'm not going to mention though. Just couldn't help but reply.. original reply doesn't rly answer your question lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Some of those models are legit Fromsoft quality.

@BigBossBalrog What theory is that? That Ornstein took path of the dragon, or Nameless King being Faraam?

The later; I always found it super, super suspicious Nameless having a lion-like mane, Faraam being a war-god, who leads "Lion-Knights". 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The later; I always found it super, super suspicious Nameless having a lion-like mane, Faraam being a war-god, who leads "Lion-Knights". 

I more connected it as Ornstein being Nameless King's first knight and hes all lion themed.

Then the lion knights connected to Nameless through him.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Looking at Game of Thrones Season 1 screens always make me sad...

@Witchking of Angmar and I were talking about this the other day. Thinking about how things went down with that show is still able to get me heated sometimes. I don’t think I’ve ever been as disappointed by a piece of media.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.