Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What were some of the exceptions?

Manus is a nightmare and the hardest sl1 boss by far. Because he has the speed of a ds3 boss. Because I was using the fap ring, I could survive his deadliest attack (being his jump attack because it has two hit boxes) with 1 hp left on the dot.

His is the definition of play perfectly or die, and I had to fight him without hyper mode so I dis 97 damage a swing with my jagged ghost blade. 

Artorius is overrated and I beat him on my second try, I would have killed him first try if I didnt get clipped by his thrust lingering hitbox.

@The Good Doctor If you ever attempt an sl1 run, my advice is dont rush for the hyper build at the start.

Go for the FaP and DWGR rings and play the game with melee in mind. You don't even need that mode until you reach the dlc. But before starting it, make absolutely sure you get the Crown of Dusk. Sacrifice your FaP ring after Artorius and use hyper mode against Manus and Kalameet who for some reason is weak to fire.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Thanks for the advice, but I don’t hate myself nearly enough to attempt a SL1 run. XD 

I must really hate myself then because I'm starting a ds2 all boss (no frozen outskirts, fuck that place) run at sl1.

God this is going to suck. I can already tell ds2 will be the hardest of all sl1 runs

My first death was stupid and I deserved every bit of it.

I did something cool and went to record it with playstation, thinking I was safe because everything died, I went and rewatched the clip.

Come back into the game to see a hollow royal swordsman edgewalking away from my YOU DIED screen. :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

My first death was stupid and I deserved every bit of it.

I did something cool and went to record it with playstation, thinking I was safe because everything died, I went and rewatched the clip.

Come back into the game to see a hollow royal swordsman edgewalking away from my YOU DIED screen. :rofl:

This was like twenty minutes after saying I hadn't died at all.

This is some of the most fun I've had with Dark Souls 2, being constantly online I can be invaded at any point by players with actual builds who are 60-80 levels above me by now.

Right before Skeleton Lords I was invaded after clearing out all of Huntsman Copse, and had no estus left. Despite me putting up a daring fight and bringing the invader to 1/5th hp, he killed me. Its awesome shit, having to play the levels really tactically.

Final update of day (what is sleep).

Got through half the base game and nust killed Smelter Demon first try, thank fuck too because Iron Keep ain't no joke at sl1.

I've made my way just up to Freja but stopped that path because I need a one handed weapon to comfortably fight that boss. In case you're unaware, unless you have a lit torch in the off hand, spiders will infinitely spawn.

So after killing bootleg @BigBossBalrog it'll be off to the dlc and the dex ring.

I take it back, as far as enemy spam goes, Eleum Loyce takes the cake XD

Aava was a piece of cake that only took me two attempts while way under equipped, basically doubly hard.

I've spent two hours rescuing all the knights and only die if I rush or get cheesed by the game's shitboxes (at 92 agility, the shitboxes are hard to dodge).

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Final update before bed, my run is about 60% done if not more. I've set up both Eleum Loyce and Brume Tower for the bosses and started Shulva.

I'm saving the dlc bosses for the final chapter of my run, so after setting up Shulva itll be killing all the base game bosses up to the Watcher and Defender. Then tackle the dlc and finish my sl1 run.

So theres a good chance I'll be done with it tomorrow :D

If these are getting spammy I'll stop, I'm commenting about my journey under the impression its entertaining. 

That said, on a whim I decided to fight Elana and it honestly wasn't that bad. It took me one death and one quit out (when she spawned Velatadt) before I killed her on my third attempt. Which ironically she spawned Bell Bitch when at 20% health but I kept with it because of how low she was.