Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #25

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Milk-Drinker Edition

• Empress Dales Motierre
    • General Gracchus Ceno
    • Countess Magdela Bathory
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • Titus Scipio
    • Aetius Aquilarios
    • Yornar the Witch-King
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Avitus Agrippa

It’s gonna be nomad or street kid for me. Street kids essentially my Shepard background and nothing’s more fitting for Killmonger.

Baldur will have to be Nomad for sure, as would Ulysses. 

Ortega, not sure. I’ll probably not delve too deep there.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

In fact I’m probably gonna pick Ortega as my first character to get a feel of the game first before I try any other character idea since I don’t have anything specific in mind for her other than shooting with big pistols and fucking everything up with my robot arm. 

And trying to resist going full Cyborg

33 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And trying to resist going full Cyborg

I’m curious about this. Wonder if you can actually do a non-cyborg character or if the main storyline forces you to take some enhancements. I bet it’s the latter since Neo being in your head and entering the deep net seem like major plot points.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m curious about this. Wonder if you can actually do a non-cyborg character or if the main storyline forces you to take some enhancements. I bet it’s the latter since Neo being in your head and entering the deep net seem like major plot points.

Yeah I think they already said you have to get the interface implant, it's the HUD basically, I think- but you don't have to get any other enhancements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yeah I think they already said you have to get the interface implant, it's the HUD basically, I think- but you don't have to get any other enhancements.

Thats correct. I think the freaky changes to your body is a pretty good incentive not to, while realizing how much power you're losing out on will be a good temptation against remaining beautiful.

*Hair flip*

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That is a pretty special occasion. You should celebrate with some CFA! :P 

I always ask for extra sauce. Been slowly building up a stockpile so even lesser chicken can still try and elevate itself.

What sauces do you like, other than the special CFA sauce? I tried Polynesian but it didn't wow me as much. I think my taste buds have been primed by living in North Carolina to respond to mustard-based sweet barbecue sauces. XD 

edit- Bojangles honey mustard deserves a mention here. Also yummy. And Bojangles in general is still my favorite chicken over CFA. That is some effing good fried chicken.

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats correct. I think the freaky changes to your body is a pretty good incentive not to, while realizing how much power you're losing out on will be a good temptation against remaining beautiful.

*Hair flip*

I’m less concerned about appearance than I am about roleplaying a paranoid technophobe who dislikes the idea of having any machine parts and gets by on his own physical competence. I’m hoping the VA’s accent changes depending on which background you pick (and that the nomad one sounds redneck :P), but that might be asking too much.

Then I wanna do a different build that is the opposite and goes for as much cyberware as physically possible to the point where he’s barely human. Like the Maelstrom gang from last year’s gameplay release, but packaged as a ruthless high level mercenary who worked for the corpos rather than a common cyber crook. Kinda like Wilhelm from Borderlands.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Celan said:

What sauces do you like, other than the special CFA sauce?

The special CFA is easily my favorite of theirs.

There were some chicken places in Nashville that had some sauces that I really liked. I usually go for spicy when it comes to chicken, and there was lots of that there, but there was one place that had a sweet Georgia Gold sauce that became one of my favorites. It was also mustard-based so you’d probably like it.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Then I wanna do a different build that is the opposite and goes for as much cyberware as physically possible to the point where he’s barely human. Like the Maelstrom gang from last year’s gameplay release, but packaged as a ruthless high level mercenary who worked for the corpos rather than a common cyber crook. Kinda like Wilhelm from Borderlands.

BERRY!!!

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m certain you can at least keep the implants to a minimum, given that they also has a humanity cost. Yes you got a stat called humanity that will lower the more implants you got. Apparently it was part of the original Cyberpunk and if your humanity dropped too low you would incur some kind of trait/sickness.

• Thanks 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Alright, did a bit more digging. In the old Cyberpunk you could get something called cyberpsychosis if your humanity dropped low enough. And since you can see in the first gameplay video when at the doc that implants also costs humanity I'm guessing the sickness will also be in 2077. Not sure in what way the sickness will affect the game but if I'm to take a guess your dialogue options will probably get more limited. Maybe sympathetic and persuasive options will get locked out, or maybe you will automatically pick violent options at times. 

• Thanks 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

10 hours ago, Celan said:

edit- Bojangles honey mustard deserves a mention here. Also yummy. And Bojangles in general is still my favorite chicken over CFA. That is some effing good fried chicken.

Yeeeeees

Before I exclusively got the biscuits (they did something to them and they’re even better now) I’d ask the lady at the window for so much of it for my wings. I didn’t even like honey mustard before but I love theirs.

Only sauce I get from chick is bbq for strips at lunch. The CFA sauce to me is good but not gonna slap my ma over it

Well, kinda wanna start over from scratch now and play without bothering to train/level grind since the thunderchild shout mod is so awesome anyway, you won't really need to have a high level combat character anyway lol. And Skyrim just isn't Skyrim without Imperials to kill :( 

Should maybe do the Dawnguard dlc but eh, I could do that on the next playthrough as my first "faction mission" and get Serana early as a companion.

1707322173_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2019_09.08-10_44_12_26.thumb.png.fe5007748baf74a523309960953059f9.png724533770_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2019_09.08-10_45_22_35.thumb.png.ad91c4f55f387a1fb9f3938dc77769e5.png446066088_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2019_09.08-10_45_36_70.thumb.png.897e1a99bf92cdc5591784c898d62d83.png195049461_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2019_09.08-10_45_44_33.thumb.png.860d899604b416364f3b968658642a7d.png

• Haha 1