Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #25

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Milk-Drinker Edition

• Empress Dales Motierre
    • General Gracchus Ceno
    • Countess Magdela Bathory
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • Titus Scipio
    • Aetius Aquilarios
    • Yornar the Witch-King
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Avitus Agrippa

The only problem with doing Dawnguard early is that it feels a little weird running around at level 12 with two Elder Scrolls, knowledge of some of the most powerful shouts, the shield and bow of a god, and the most powerful vampire in Tamriel’s head mounted on your wall, all before you’re even acknowledged as Dovahkiin.

Then you go to Whiterun, having defeated a legendary necromancer dragon in the heart of the Soul Cairn, like "oh shit, a DRAGON is attacking the watchtower?!". XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The only problem with doing Dawnguard early is that it feels a little weird running around at level 12 with two Elder Scrolls, knowledge of some of the most powerful shouts, the shield and bow of a god, and the most powerful vampire in Tamriel’s head mounted on your wall, all before you’re even acknowledged as Dovahkiin.

Then you go to Whiterun, having defeated a legendary necromancer dragon in the heart of the Soul Cairn, like "oh shit, a DRAGON is attacking the watchtower?!". XD 

Oh no I don't mean that early :lol: I just mean as my first big mission, so after I'm acknowledged as Dovahkiin and I get some shouts under my belt.

Maybe I could even force myself to do the companions and eat some imperials so I can get Ysgramor's shield. Tho. I doubt I'll be able to give up my Stormcloak shield lol, its too nice XD

My favorite shout is the firebreath one tho so having that maxed would be nice before going at the vampires. Its super useful with thunderchild's mod. Tore up Karstaag with it, which reminds me, I forgot to fucking use it against Miraak XD Wasn't necessary of course but still.

Ah, I also do still gotta kill the Ebony Warrior. I'll use it against him for sure.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

As much as it sucks, I always do the Companions before the MQ just to see Kodlak in Sovngarde. And yeah, firebreath. 

Something nice I noticed about SSE is that I think it launched with a patch that removed the vampire attacks inside city walls.

I hadn't noticed any vamp attacks so maybe. They were kinda stupid anyway, why have vampires attack brazenly at the front fucking gate unless its an army? They're VAMPIRES.

• Like 1

This is the first game I played where I didn't do the companions questline entirely. I just couldn't slog through it. I was at first but I also didn't wanna be a werewolf this time. My thu'um is all the power I need thanks to the mods.

And as it friggin should've been.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I hadn't noticed any vamp attacks so maybe. They were kinda stupid anyway, why have vampires attack brazenly at the front fucking gate unless its an army? They're VAMPIRES.

Exactly. And what’s worse is that they often do it in broad daylight! XD 

Morthal did vampires right. Where the ones who could blend infiltrated the town and the really dangerous ones who couldn’t planned to remain outside until the time was right. The Dawnguard radiant quests do it well too, where you hunt disguised vampires in various Jarls’ courts and whatnot. It’s jarring when to vamps and their pet hellhound just rush the entire Whiterun city guard in direct sunlight. 

• Like 1

I'll force my guy to do it and then maybe think about a new playstyle for the next round. Tho now that I can block with dual wield, It's gonna be really fun next round cutting through imperials like a whirlwind. Especially with my second favorite base game shout, elemental furry. That thing with thunderchild got super crazy. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is the first game I played where I didn't do the companions questline entirely. I just couldn't slog through it. I was at first but I also didn't wanna be a werewolf this time. My thu'um is all the power I need thanks to the mods.

And as it friggin should've been.

At least if you don’t like it, there’s a pretty cool quest to cure yourself afterwards. One reason why I hated the Thieves Guild was that it forces us to irreversibly sell our souls to Nocturnal for absolutely no reason. 

Back when I played vanilla, the only glitch I ever exploited was the Talos amulet shout timer reduction one. XD It was the only way to make the thu’um feel powerful like it should’ve been. Being the Dragonborn is much more fun when shouts are just part of your arsenal like any sword or axe rather than just a support tool you can only use once or twice in any given fight. 

• Like 1

Agreed, it changes the feel of being dragonborn entirely. Was worth playing again just to do it right and see how crazy powerful you can really get.

In fact by the end of the main quest I could literally walk through fights in most cases without lifting my sword. Dragons were almost the only thing I had to, excluding a few high level enemies here and there.

For instance against Karstaag, aside from getting thrown around the area a bit XD All I did was put on dragon aspect, which got me a free summon when my health dropped, then I waited for it to get nice n low while I peppered him with fire breath to keep him back. He regenerates health pretty quickly tho so once mine was in the danger zone (queue archer lol) I used essence rip which stole his health and gave it to me. 

Then I finished him off with wail of the banshee which is one of the most satisfying shouts in that mod. Instantly kills targets when they're at about quarter health, or execution trigger health levels basically. 

That shouts a life saver too against the more OP dragons from various dragon mods.

Which is why generally the first thing I do in any playthrough is go around finding word walls.

Ah and I forgot my job finally has me on 8 hours so I'll actually have time and motivation to play and write, etc again. So I can start a new game whenever, so no need to rush in and start again just yet. Gotta make free Skyrim safe for the girls first and kill the last Snow Elf XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Does Thunderchild let you combine slow time with elemental fury? I didn’t experiment enough with that mod. 

Yes... but I wouldn't recommend it XD 

That'll definitely risk the chance of crashing. It's not needed anyway, I have only two of slow time's words and 200% Kyne's favor makes it last like, two minutes or something? LOL I dunno how long but it's a while.

Its so powerful I was able to shout fire at imperials, run at them and kill a few before the fire got there.

I think I'ma do it like this.

Do main quest/collect shouts up until you meet herma mora for the first time.

Feel need to investigate Solstheim even more, especially if I become his "champion", which I usually don't but eh, we'll see. Free levels.

Get cool dragonborn swag. Fuck Miraak in the ass.

World is your oyster. Kill vampires, fuck imperials, whatever. Save Alduin's bich ass for last.

This was also the first time I bothered killing Alduin before I faced Miraak so that was funny hearing about in person instead of reading about it online.

I like killing Alduin first because I enjoy hearing Miraak talk about it. Gives him several unique taunts during the fight and before it. :lol:  That and the first vs last Dragonborn at the Summit of Apocrypha always felt right to me as a final big confrontation. 

Makes Miraak feel more badass when he isn’t even really impressed. He’s like “Meh, I thought about doing that too but decided to become a conqueror instead.” XD 

You’re right tho, the taunts are indeed good, as is that fight as a last confrontation. Problem is I want all the cool shit lol

Witcher 4K dude. Wow.

Buttery smooth too since the tv let’s me change the frame rate. Took some settings tinkering tho with vsync and pre rendered frames but yea. This is day and night

If you wanna make that shit personal and really hate Miraak, and don’t mind playing on hardcore mode, play Dragonborn up to the point where you first encounter him, then RP that your Dragonborn wasn’t yet willing to do what it takes to reach his level (pursue the Black Books and dick over the Skaal), so you put it on hold until after Alduin.

Do that, and he’ll steal like half the dragon souls you try to absorb and taunt you while he does it. That shit is infuriating but it makes killing him and getting them all back at once that much more satisfying.