• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

On 9/29/2021 at 11:32 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

I find it funny Baldur is plotting something the CIA would do if given the chance, while Dales is akwardly having the worst family reunion of all-time. The Royals of Tamriel are a sorry lot. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

On 9/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

I find it funny Baldur is plotting something the CIA would do if given the chance, while Dales is akwardly having the worst family reunion of all-time. The Royals of Tamriel are a sorry lot. 

You didn’t even mention Theodore, Yornar, or the freaking Thalmor. I guess upstanding rulers are hard to come by.

Ulfric was too good for this world.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You didn’t even mention Theodore, Yornar, or the freaking Thalmor. I guess upstanding rulers are hard to come by.

Ulfric was too good for this world.

Ulfric would be aghast with the whole "my beloved prodigy stabbed me in the back and is bribing people to steal a vote"

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ulfric would be aghast with the whole "my beloved prodigy stabbed me in the back and is bribing people to steal a vote"

Dales did the bribing, not Baldur. XD 

Ulfric didn’t really care about the "sanctity" of moot. He outright says as much to Galmar. I think he’d take more issue with Imperials and outlanders having so much influence over Skyrim’s rule than any other particular details. 

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fair enough. Baldur is the exception, not the rule. XD 

I want a post now where Baldur appears to Bardok like the Ghost of Christmas Future and chastises him.

I think Baldur would understand personally lol, once everything was explained. 2nd era is a box full of crazy. Left is right, and right is left, literally when you look at the state of Skyrim and who are the hardcore Nords.

The Ebonheart Pact is also hypocritical in that they fight so no one will have an empire and leave everyone alone, yet you crown ebonheart pact emperors all the time. Makes sense tho.

If you ignore that for the sake of mmo weirdness, I still dont think Baldur would care that his great grandad wanted to be a merc instead of fighting alongside dark elves and argonians past their usefulness. It was necessary for the akaviri, and molag bal but now those threats are gone. Who cares.

There's parallels between himself and Jorunn but still... 2nd era mad weird.

He would support Skyrim being united tho, and Bardok did help with that gladly. But doesn't mean I gotta serve the East's weak king if I grow tired of his limp tailed lizards and ashy elves. 

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Better hope the Skyrim Supreme Court likes Imperial gold.

melt it down, print some ysgramor belt faces on it, done and done.

Also Baldur wouldn't even flinch if people found out at this point. He's not messing around anymore, fuck their feelings. He'll drag Skyrim to victory whether they like it or not, and kill any dissenters. Nords are like stubborn mules and need to be whipped once in a while.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It was necessary for the akaviri, and molag bal but now those threats are gone. Who cares.

The Covenant wants to reestablish a Tamrielic Empire and the Dominion wants Altmer to rule everyone. I’d say those are reasonable things for the Nords and Dunmer to oppose together. Baldur has done much the same.

The real weird one isn’t the Nords, it’s the Dunmer and their willingness to forgo slavery to work with Argonians, who contribute the least to the Pact by far.

I don’t see how Jorunn is a weak king. He’s just a charismatic skald who prefers making allies instead of enemies when it’s reasonable to do so. That’s commendable. He is definitely stronger than that pansy Emeric who can barely keep his own people in line.

Nords made the first Empire. Nords are conquerors and reach heaven by strife and warfare.

Im not defending or supporting Emeric, fuck Emeric lol I’m just saying Bardok would rather not support a fat Nord King that breaks bread with our traditional enemies, and Baldur as a Nord and as a follower of Shor would understand that.

Peace is only useful to recuperate, otherwise it makes Nords weak.

I know how Nords reach heaven. Jorunn is no different. He wanted Skyrim to be independent from Cyrodiil and the elves, just like Ulfric and Baldur do, and he waged wars to that end. It’s not like he’s out kissing rings or something.

Considering how often he was in the thick of it, it’s surprising he only needed saving three times. But it’s not like strong Nords or great warriors can’t get captured. Baldur and Boldir have both been captured and needed saving. XD 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

and Nords who marry scalies.

I was about to hit send and then you posted this. I have no excuse for this…

Maybe I need to rethink some things.

That would be a good response if the pact weren't out there crowning Emperors like everyone else.

Skyrim is free, we have no need to bother ourselves with Cyrodiil, outside of killing and taking of land.

Which is why I never help or direct DC or EP to Emp anymore, usually just you double teamed by both opposing factions anyway.

In my eyes Jorunns concern with this weak alliance is only a thing to justify the three faction system, otherwise he'd have moved on past its usefulness long ago. That he hasn't just makes Bardok even less concerned with leaving the pact to be a mercenary in DC lands, he after all is from West Skyrim. They dont give a damn about the three banners war.

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That would be a good response if the pact weren't out there crowning Emperors like everyone else.

I view this as MMO weirdness, as you said. Same with the Elder Scrolls being basically toys that everyone is running around with like a basketball. According to the main storyline, Abnur Tharn’s daughter is ruling during the period as Empress Regent. And the Covies and Dominion are specifically trying to crown their leaders as Emperor/Empress, not some random soldier named Pretty_Kitty669.

The Pact’s lore reasons for fighting in Cyrodiil are to cripple the Worm Cult’s power base and to keep the other two factions at bay, which suits me fine. This justification for their existence would only go away when the Covenant and especially the Dominion have given up their goal of ruling the continent.

47 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

is only a thing to justify the three faction system

I agree, that’s why it exists in the real world. But whatever shaky real world reasons for it existing, they did put in a fair amount of effort to justify it in-universe as well. Half the Pact’s storyline revolves around making sense of their weird alliance.

I think a Reach/West/East Skyrim alliance would feel much more natural in the current political climate following Greymoor. Hell, with the death of Kurog, even Orsinium could reasonably be on the table.

But they will never do any of that in the gameplay, sadly. Because the PvP mechanics are too intrinsically tied up in the alliances remaining static.

• Like 1