• Brund Hammer-Fang
    • Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

I’d love a bit like the council scene in Fellowship with all the RP rulers bickering over how to defeat the Thalmor.

Dales is like, "one does not simply sail into Alinor," and then she complains about how by the blood of her people are their lands kept safe.

The Rosceans will be dead before they’ll see their enchanted gear in the hands of an Orc.

Then we get Theodore and Baldur ignoring Dales while arguing about which magical WMD they should drop on Valenwood.

And at some point Krojun stands up and starts talking in old Nordic making the lights flicker to fuck with everybody.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d love a bit like the council scene in Fellowship with all the RP rulers bickering over how to defeat the Thalmor.

Dales is like, "one does not simply sail into Alinor," and then she complains about how by the blood of her people are their lands kept safe.

The Rosceans will be dead before they’ll see their enchanted gear in the hands of an Orc.

Then we get Theodore and Baldur ignoring Dales while arguing about which magical WMD they should drop on Valenwood.

And at some point Krojun stands up and starts talking in old Nordic making the lights flicker to fuck with everybody.

*A roscrean warlord has enough"  Then what are we waiting for?" Attacks the cursed enchanted Elf gear. Axe is destoryed and he's thrown back." 

Racist Dark Elf Elrond approaches; "It cannt be destoryed with any weapon we have here...filthy Nwah."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar Caught up. :coolup:

The dudes who basically carry lightning rods to attract Kaan’s wrath to themselves and not to those around them is simultaneously very cool and hilarious. I enjoy the level of respect they all have for the gods, both the loving and reverent sort, but also a healthy measure of fear.

Also enjoyed the encounter with the horsemen (so like half the post XD). But it has been so long since I read the prior posts, is it known yet what oath Akaluthwain is bound by that is causing him to "desert"? Or what this mission is that is leading him from the hold? I don’t recall him appearing or being mentioned in any earlier posts.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar Caught up. :coolup:

Reveal hidden contents

The dudes who basically carry lightning rods to attract Kaan’s wrath to themselves and not to those around them is simultaneously very cool and hilarious. I enjoy the level of respect they all have for the gods, both the loving and reverent sort, but also a healthy measure of fear.

Also enjoyed the encounter with the horsemen (so like half the post XD). But it has been so long since I read the prior posts, is it known yet what oath Akaluthwain is bound by that is causing him to "desert"? Or what this mission is that is leading him from the hold? I don’t recall him appearing or being mentioned in any earlier posts.

As the horsemen noted, it's unlikely they'll be struck, buuuuuuut, there's some legit realistic reason to be afraid outside of Kyne being a raging bitch. If you're a eight foot tall man in metal armor (aka, the wealthy nobility and their retainers) then you actually are much more likely to get struck in a thunderstorm then lets say a poor unarmored man. But really it's mostly superstition XD

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

But it has been so long since I read the prior posts, is it known yet what oath Akaluthwain is bound by that is causing him to "desert"? Or what this mission is that is leading him from the hold? I don’t recall him appearing or being mentioned in any earlier posts.

Akaluthwain is a reinvented pre-retcon character that appeared in mine and BT's posts. He's still a priestly figure but unlike pre-retcon doesn't lead a holy war-band. As for his otherworldly oath, I should have started working on the second part already but I've been very lazy about it. We'll get much less mundane as the posts continue. Because like the middle of nowhere, creepy shit happens in the ice-deserts.

• Like 1

@The Good Doctor

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Good horror themed post Doc

Really unsettling post. We kinda think iron pearls and metal bulls are the worst of the worst when it comes to torture, but the real world dosen't have magic XD The shit that can be done to your if your caught by those magical secret police (or our Dark Elf friend :rofl:) is aptly called a fate worse then death, 

The whole plot about the ruins beneath the Crystal gave me a chill. Gave me Tower of Latrina vibes; with the lord of the tower being a dessicated corpse possesed by a demon and a literal giant Heart chained in the upper tower 

XD

1280x720.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor

but he was a Fist of the Thalmor, and not entirely innocent himself. He could not entirely blame an enemy for employing such methods against him

That dude is the most self-aware High Elf i've seen XD

:lol:

Lot of decently self-aware elves in this post.

But yeah, poor Ghosty is not the hard-feelings sort. He’s a pretty level-headed guy. 

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Good horror themed post Doc

Really unsettling post. We kinda think iron pearls and metal bulls are the worst of the worst when it comes to torture, but the real world dosen't have magic XD The shit that can be done to your if your caught by those magical secret police (or our Dark Elf friend :rofl:) is aptly called a fate worse then death, 

Reveal hidden contents

The whole plot about the ruins beneath the Crystal gave me a chill. Gave me Tower of Latrina vibes; with the lord of the tower being a dessicated corpse possesed by a demon and a literal giant Heart chained in the upper tower 

XD

1280x720.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, I took more inspiration from how the Zero Stone and the Heart of Lorkhan functioned than the Amulet of Kings. Mortals interacting with the divine has a history of being very dangerous.

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I didn't XD

Aww. XD I’ll ruin it for you, then. 

The captured Blade, Alondril, was said to go by the alias "Tyermaillin" which was the name of an agent in Morrowind that Caius Cosades directs you to. That is why he was familiar enough with the Dunmer to recognize Endar was a Telvanni just based off his accent.

Endar's "friend" Relmyna Verenim, the one who tortured the Thalmor ghost, is the lady from Shivering Isles who creates the flesh atronachs, built the Gatekeeper, and specialized in pain magic. She invented spells in the DLC just to hurt people so she could study how pain works.

The Thalmor torturer Rulindil goes on to serve Elenwen, and is found in the basement of the Thalmor Embassy in Skyrim. He is the one who is interrogating people to try and find Esbern.

• Like 2

That was a long time coming, and I wish I got to it sooner. As every post I've seen with Endar, this was great, especially when Endar is somehow not the most interesting thing of it XD

I'm afraid I didn't spot any of the characters until you revealed it Doc, I have failed ye. 

Wowie zowie, the post was ripe with bizarre obscured magically stuff and I love it. We've seen a bit of Telvanni craziness, now it's really cool to get a glimpse at the Thalmor's inner circles of arcane fuckery™

Can't wait for more, no seriously, do more or there will be consequences mortal.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. :D 

Can’t believe nobody spotted my girl,

… Relmyna. She’s such a major character in Shivering Isles. :lol: 

As is customary, I wrote 90% of the post like half a year ago and finally capped off the remaining 10% much later.

It’s probably obvious that some of the Thalmor stuff is set to be important for the main RP and has been considered for a long time, even before I started writing this particular post. But there were some details I had to iron out with Colonel first. I don’t know yet if this post will get a "sequel" or if the follow-up will just have to play out in the main RP.

In the meantime, here is a lot of what happens next. XD