• Brund Hammer-Fang
    • Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

I've been seeing people debating at the possibility of a TES game set in the far east versus people thinking TES needs to stay in Tamriel. I'D think a good middle ground would be a reverse Ghosts of Tsuhima situation, in which the Japanese-Snake people invade Tamriel once more; so you get the best of both worlds; a Tamriel setting, but alot of eastern flavor from the invasion force XD

c7c667e8-5d81-4928-8835-36b399bf5a1e

bd14c32a2599a98fb374884b91e76a85.jpg

It'd be badass if they topple the current exhausted Empire in Cyrodiil and began to attack and conquer the other provinces en mass after they set up their own occupying goverment within the Heartland (and then it's up to the Dominion to take them out XD)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I've been seeing people debating at the possibility of a TES game set in the far east versus people thinking TES needs to stay in Tamriel. I'D think a good middle ground would be a reverse Ghosts of Tsuhima situation, in which the Japanese-Snake people invade Tamriel once more; so you get the best of both worlds; a Tamriel setting, but alot of eastern flavor from the invasion force XD

c7c667e8-5d81-4928-8835-36b399bf5a1e

bd14c32a2599a98fb374884b91e76a85.jpg

It'd be badass if they topple the current exhausted Empire in Cyrodiil and began to attack and conquer the other provinces en mass after they set up their own occupying goverment within the Heartland (and then it's up to the Dominion to take them out XD)

Honestly I'm really not into the whole Tsaesci have snake bodies idea. Or at the very least they're like the Khajiit in that they have several birth-forms, with literal actual snakes like how the Khajiit have almost entirely bestial forms XD

I know what I'm depicting in some origin posts...

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sword_Master_Vhysradue

Alot of people are unclear about it, but I think there supposed to be Akaviri-born. 

I did some looking up and according to dialogue it looks like she actually is a Tsaesci. Even though the same Khajiit who's telling the lines doubts it.

"An insufferable Akaviri swordmistress, Vhysradue, planted her flag on the Hill of Shattered Swords about a century back. We thought she'd pass of old age eventually, but she's still up there, gloating and spitting challenges at anyone who wanders by."

"Kill her, of course! We can only suffer so many humiliations at the hands of some muskarsed serpent woman. If you best her, try to bring back a few mementos from the bodies of fallen challengers. It might be a comfort to their families, yes?"

"Bah. Who knows? The Imperials here in Elsweyr fancy themselves Tsaesci, but as far as I can tell, they're just Imperials in silly garments. Ziss on the lot of them!"

43 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'D think a good middle ground would be a reverse Ghosts of Tsuhima situation, in which the Japanese-Snake people invade Tamriel once more

I've long proposed the same. Instead of abandoning the main setting for the totally alien Akavir, bring Akavir to us. Make them mostly enemies or at least non-playable like the Orcs were in Daggerfall, then in the next game after that, have there be enough of them left over in Tamriel that they can be added to the list of playable races, like how Danes became more and more common in England with every incursion.

43 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It'd be badass if they topple the current exhausted Empire in Cyrodiil and began to attack and conquer the other provinces en mass after they set up their own occupying goverment within the Heartland

Only problem with this is geography. They can't invade Cyrodiil without getting through Skyrim or Morrowind. That's why they historically tend to attack these places.

40 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Honestly I'm really not into the whole Tsaesci have snake bodies idea.

I think either MK or ESO brought up the idea of them being shapeshifters. They can change their forms from heavily snakelike to human-looking. Probably was done to explain their ghosts being straight up humans in Oblivion, while at the same time not losing out on the chance to have a unique beast race.

I have a headcanon that their 'shapeshifting' is more biological than straight up magical. Like, they can't just do it on the spot, and have to literally shed their former skin like a snake. So you could have a green snake man who is living in Cyrodiil and wants to blend in, so he spends a few weeks morphing his form internally, growing new skin beneath the old and altering his bone structure (I imagine it is painful). Meanwhile the remains of his current form rapidly deteriorate. When he is ready, he can discard his old 'skin' and emerge from it looking like a human.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I've long proposed the same. Instead of abandoning the main setting for the totally alien Akavir, bring Akavir to us. Make them mostly enemies or at least non-playable like the Orcs were in Daggerfall, then in the next game after that, have there be enough of them left over in Tamriel that they can be added to the list of playable races, like how Danes became more and more common in England with every incursion.

This almost was Skyrim's story as you know. With an immortal Uriel leading an army of dragons and maybe other Akaviri races to invade Tamriel with.

I think either MK or ESO brought up the idea of them being shapeshifters. They can change their forms from heavily snakelike to human-looking. Probably was done to explain their ghosts being straight up humans in Oblivion, while at the same time not losing out on the chance to have a unique beast race.

I have a headcanon that their 'shapeshifting' is more biological than straight up magical. Like, they can't just do it on the spot, and have to literally shed their former skin like a snake. So you could have a green snake man who is living in Cyrodiil and wants to blend in, so he spends a few weeks morphing his form internally, growing new skin, altering his bone structure (I imagine it is painful), etc. while the remains of his current form rapidly deteriorate. When he is ready, he can discard his old 'skin' and emerge from it looking like a human.

I like this idea. I'll run with it!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably was done to explain their ghosts being straight up humans in Oblivion

Forgot about this line. I was under the impression the ghosts in Oblivion were part of the human Akaviri race(s?), the same ones that got 'devoured' by the Tsaesci back in the east.

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

This almost was Skyrim's story as you know. With an immortal Uriel leading an army of dragons and maybe other Akaviri races to invade Tamriel with.

I still cannot decide if I wish we had gotten that or not. I'd probably take it over what we got, if only because Uriel would have likely been a far better villain than Alduin ended up being. Making the antagonist a human would've forced Bethesda to actually make him a character. I'd say that's worth the gamble.

44 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

ESO has got a lot of cool things about it, but it does suffer from more generic armor designs.

Agreed. It does have some gems, like Sea Giant, Ysgramor, and a few others, which someone like Colonel can make some pretty nice sets out of. But I'd say a solid majority of its armor designs are very boring and uninspired.

Hell, newer textures aside, the Dunmer armor sets all look way worse than their closest equivalents in Morrowind and Dragonborn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Forgot about this line. I was under the impression the ghosts in Oblivion were part of the human Akaviri race(s?), the same ones that got 'devoured' by the Tsaesci back in the east.

It was the Tsaesci who invaded. These were the same group who ended up as Reman's pepes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

When Orcs had more Japanese arms than the fantasy Japan insert.

hue.jpg

I remember that set; it's a unique depiction to be fair; Samurai-Warrior Orcs XD

Orcs (and Ashlanders) have always been eastern and central -Asian inspired; but even in Morrowind they seemed more Steppe Tribes/Mongolians 

• Like 1

I still cannot decide if I wish we had gotten that or not. I'd probably take it over what we got, if only because Uriel would have likely been a far better villain than Alduin ended up being. Making the antagonist a human would've forced Bethesda to actually make him a character. I'd say that's worth the gamble.

Imagine if this version of Uriel summoned Alduin's ghost, like in the old lore descriptions. That would have been badass as hell, doubly so if the player had to shout the ghost of Shor to do battle with him, or by a clever man summoning Shor's ghost they inadvertently make the player powerful enough to throw down Alduin's ghost. Ya know since our character is a Shezzarine.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. It does have some gems, like Sea Giant, Ysgramor, and a few others, which someone like Colonel can make some pretty nice sets out of. But I'd say a solid majority of its armor designs are very boring and uninspired.

Colonel does have some really cool looking sets mixed with those.