• Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fucking hell, that ending. Corvus is as cold as his homeland

Like I told Balrog, no excuses, Corvus is a fucked up old war dog. I'd like to think he would have spared an infant too young to remember his family was slaughtered, but even that is a stretch. No quarter. I'm slightly worried Dales is going to flip hard if/when she finds out her giant murdered the chieftain's kid.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I've long been ready to finally see Corvus in his element, and by Shor was he in it! I know I already said it, but sheesh man, that guy is an absolute beast! I liked that despite his incredible advantage, it still didn't feel one-sided. The way Corvus fights, honing in on targets and charging headlong toward them with reckless abandon, it pretty much guarantees that the guy will take some licks, and he definitely did. Good job making him incredibly dangerous without making him feel invincible. That arrow he took was damned brutal.

Corvus is basically Marv form Sin City, he'll take a hard beating but you ain't bringing him down with you. As for as mundane warriors go at least, Corvus is no spellcaster like at all. I cannot wait to have him struggle hard against a competent mage, and also cannot wait to see the terror in a milk drinker's eyes when their magic equally struggles to bring him down.

Yeah the point blank arrow thing was a spur of the moment idea I had, I'd like to think a giant's bones are much stronger than a humans. Something has to be strong to hold up all their weight.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I liked the attention to strategy in the march and attack, like the Imperials choosing to camp far off the road so they could get a surprise attack against the bandits. I was wondering as they marched what would keep the bandits from simply running away at the sight of approaching Legionaries, but y'all did a good job of making it believable that they got caught off guard and trapped during the assault. And the use of scouts is always nice to see.

Aye all the Legion stuff save for one detail was Balrog's work. The only thing I did was have a battlemage stealthily attack the gatehouse to allow Corvus entry. It was actually one of my favorite parts of the post despite how quick it went. I also should have actually detailed it but Corvus still had arrows in his shoulders from battering down the gate when he fought the bandits inside the fort proper.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Far as critiques go, I'd say that Corvus's equipment section might've been a tad indulgent. XD  Don't get me wrong, you painted a vivid picture, and but eight paragraphs dedicated to gear is a little excessive. Not really an objective criticism, though. Just for me personally, it started to drag. I will say that I'm glad they accounted for his overheating and the way his fighting style was literally wounding his shoulders. I was worried the guy was actually gonna go south bare-chested and just get pincushioned.

Aye I take that criticism in full XD

I had a vivid picture painted in my mind what Corvus would be armed like, trust me that won't be used again. You only had to suffer through it once.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This literal murder-machine is so traumatized from what he witnessed in the East, he has pretty much PTSD about it. 

I've dropped several hints that Corvus has survived at least one battle against the cat-dragon, not alone mind you, but among a Tsaesci army.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My favorite part of the post is actually that scene of vulnerability on the golden road

Imagine how a Gallic chieftain would feel after Caesar's conquest if they saw the state of the Western Roman Empire nearing it's collapse, I imagine they'd be terrified that this invincible enemy who crushed and subjected your people is seemingly on the brink of annihilation. There's no enemy that Corvus can comprehend up in his mind that could ever do such a thing, this invisible imageless thing is far more frightening than an elf army.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

My favorite part of the post is actually that scene of vulnerability on the golden road and how terrified Corvus is of the East. This literal murder-machine is so traumatized from what he witnessed in the East, he has pretty much PTSD about it. 

I forgot to mention it because the battle was long and fresh on my mind, but yeah, that was a really good moment. Here’s a guy who fought the Empire at its absolute prime. He would have memories of a people who were practically unstoppable, especially from the perspective of his tiny island nation.

To see the indicators of something, though he doesn’t fully understand what it is yet, that has been able to so badly devastate that mighty empire, must have been really shocking for him. Today, that would be like strolling through Washington D.C. and finding hundreds of Army checkpoints destroyed, but the culprits long gone. After everything we’ve seen and heard of the military’s power, what the hell kind of enemy could possibly have achieved this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've dropped several hints that Corvus has survived at least one battle against the cat-dragon, not alone mind you, but among a Tsaesci army.

Imagine how a Gallic chieftain would feel after Caesar's conquest if they saw the state of the Western Roman Empire nearing it's collapse, I imagine they'd be terrified that this invincible enemy who crushed and subjected your people is seemingly on the brink of annihilation. There's no enemy that Corvus can comprehend up in his mind that could ever do such a thing, this invisible imageless thing is far more frightening than an elf army.

Imagine trying to explain you fought with a bunch of Samurai Snakepeople for gold, and then a furry fucking cat Dragon came along with an army of monkey-men and other cats and beat you so badly that you still have nightmares about him XD

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm slightly worried Dales is going to flip hard if/when she finds out her giant murdered the chieftain's kid.

She did give the order. No quarter must be given.

But it would explain why she didn’t bring him to Sutch. 

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The only thing I did was have a battlemage stealthily attack the gatehouse to allow Corvus entry.

That was cool. It’s always good to keep in mind that mages do exist and the legion does have them. No matter what Skyrim says. XD 

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

As for as mundane warriors go at least, Corvus is no spellcaster like at all. I cannot wait to have him struggle hard against a competent mage, and also cannot wait to see the terror in a milk drinker's eyes when their magic equally struggles to bring him down.

This is very much how I write Boldir in combat. Albeit, on a literally smaller scale. I think it would ruin part of his charm if I ever had him use magic or even learn a shout. And mages have typically been my go-to for giving him significant trouble, but similarly, it tends to end badly for them regardless.

From Corvus's perspective; I think he was trying to prevent a possibly large headache for his paymaster (and himself) from ever happening; Nords, and Nord-like folk are super obsessed with blood debts and revenge for wrongs done to him, so I thought he was simply killing the child before he grew old enough to seek revenge against them. 

Mind you, Dales might not even ever know about, if Samel mentions it in his report or not. Or maybe Elf-Eyes kept it to himself. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

From Corvus's perspective; I think he was trying to prevent a possibly large headache for his paymaster (and himself) from ever happening; Nords, and Nord-like folk are super obsessed with blood debts and revenge for wrongs done to him, so I thought he was simply killing the child before he grew old enough to seek revenge against them. 

Mind you, Dales might not even ever know about, if Samel mentions it in his report or not. Or maybe Elf-Eyes kept it to himself. 

Honestly, the only reason I could think of to mention it would be to make sure she knows what a brutal guy is in her personal service.

Otherwise, something like that wouldn’t really have any reason to make it into a report. 'No survivors' would suffice.

It was quite scary to see himself so compassionate and understanding when he perceived the woman as a rape victim and sex slave of the bandits, and he went to brutally killing her and her child in the span of literally a few seconds. Kinda like a switch went off in his brains and he was acting on his warrior instinct. 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine trying to explain you fought with a bunch of Samurai Snakepeople for gold, and then a furry fucking cat Dragon came along with an army of monkey-men and other cats and beat you so badly that you still have nightmares about him XD

If the name calling is to be believed this ain't no normal dragon bitch, since Akatosh is already one shard of many, I'd like to believe that Tosh Raka is a mantling of an eastern shard. That is to say Corvus survived a fucking Aka-Tusk fragment.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

Corvus didn't have the luxury of debating it for long in his mind. There was only a slight moment of hesitation and doubt: 'Corvus could not hesitate or his hand would be stayed'. He was only a couple years older than the child when Uriel stomped his people's shit in and he carried that blood debt until the Disaster at Ionith happened. He killed the boy because he was the chieftain's son, if he were to look back I think he'd rationalize it as what you put Balrog.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was quite scary to see himself so compassionate and understanding when he perceived the woman as a rape victim and sex slave of the bandits, and he went to brutally killing her and her child in the span of literally a few seconds. Kinda like a switch went off in his brains and he was acting on his warrior instinct. 

The scarier thing is he could have been wrong, what if the woman was being raped by the chieftain before the battle started and was too afraid of using the axe to escape. There evidence was flimsy at best and Corvus got lucky, for the three things that caused Corvus to kill those two was lacking. Even the child could have been a rape-baby as for looking like the chieftain.

That begs the question, was the chieftain's wife trying to be clever by disguising herself or did Corvus really make a horrible mistake and act too quickly and too rashly? Who knows, only Shor knows and he's a pretty silent guy.

I've been reading Vinland Saga (I was reading it on and off but I've finally caught up now), and it's somehow even better then the anime; ive used it for some of the inspiration in my latest posts.

Some random imagery from it that fit the setting XD It's so metal.  The author could probably do a great TES Civil War comic. Ya'll should finally watch or read it.

Thorkell.jpg

5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwDaW22qaO1Hy-dEuwyFl

wny3s03.pngb9c51b03ed214ae2fe6af32edb721335.jpg

5785efab1643123a6929782376e6b4ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lorgar's a poser, Corvus didnt have daedric superpowers to get where hes at. Time, blood and iron is what honed that living flesh tank

Corvus "While you were busy practicing your edge, I was perfecting the art of the blade! Furfag!"

• Haha 1

That's one of the reason I think Corvus is legit a terrifying opponent; he has none of Lorgar's mix of insanity and surprising empathy, Brund's over the topness and hilarious sadism, Boldir's soft side, or Baldur's sense of humor and (hidden deeply) softness. He's just a stone-hard killer, who has hundreds of years of experience mixed with ungodly strength (As an RPG character he's leveled basically every open combat stat, alongside wisdom). He'll literally crush the head of a child without a single world as long as his paymaster orders it, and he'll carve his way through any opposition just as silently. 

That's why I think "Crow" is a very fitting name for him. I'd rather fight the insane Werewolf, the demon-infused Th'um master, the Nord master-at-arms, and the super-powered Norse fire king, then fight the Empress's Crow. Fuck that.

• Like 1

If Lorgar wolfs-out then he might start playing with your broken body like a chew toy, Baldur will burn you alive, and Brund is far too rapey for my taste. Corvus will most likely just instakill you on the spot. That sounds like a much better way to go, at least. XD 

"Boldir's soft side"

I think it's been too long since I've written a Boldir post. I can't think of a time he's been shown to have a soft side where killing is concerned. He's mainly just protective of Mila and isn't an asshole.

He probably is the least threatening person on this list, though. But I mean, the competition is two Tongues, a werewolf, and a giant. So he probably doesn't belong on the list to begin with. Should've gone with Endar. XD