• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That was beautiful Doc. Honestly one of the best written poems in the rp. 

I dunno about that. You’ve had some bangers over the years. But thanks. Means a lot from you. 

Been trying to write Mila stuff again after quite a while and I needed to get back in the mood. Turns out sad songs did the trick. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I dunno about that. You’ve had some bangers over the years. But thanks. Means a lot from you. 

Been trying to write Mila stuff again after quite a while and I needed to get back in the mood. Turns out sad songs did the trick. XD 

Bro that made me tear up x3 it was very very good. Raw emotion. 

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s funny too that you started it as uncle Bard of mine since my close friend calls me Bard, because Bardok, though this is Baldur.

So as your close friend, logic dictates that I should start calling you "Bald". XD 

I wrote a looooong time ago that Mila had taken an interest in songs because of Baldur, and that she made some up back in the Rift inspired by him. In my head, this would be a song she’d write today after everything that’s happened.

• Haha 1

She could be a master bard herself one day. Is interesting since she's clearly more of a daughter to Boldir, hence uncle, but I got to thinking about Ragna all the same. I think its a sign to what sort of father Baldur will become. Kind of controlling and overprotective of course but hopefully his songs will inspire where his parenting didn't. It's the best thing he can pass on and will hopefully be a better lasting legacy than his actions.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

45 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Is interesting since she's clearly more of a daughter to Boldir, hence uncle,

Certainly. The relationship between her and Boldir is relatively clear and straightforward (not that that’s a bad thing). It’s more complicated with her and Baldur, which kind of makes for a better song, I think. I find it sadder for her to start out calling him Uncle Bard who she relates to over stories and songs, and then to end with her calling him the King and relating to him through all pain both created and endured.

I think his songs leaving an impression for Ragna and being a big part of his legacy within the family is likely. Not that I doubt his parenting or actions will inspire (see Daric), but songs have a way of cementing themselves in the memories of children. No doubt an adult Ragna would recall the songs before most else when thinking about her father.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Julianos: "Oh shit."

Julianos: "Oh fuck me, I knew I should have changed my old Aedranet account's password."

Akatosh: "Their heresies aren't any big deal, I, my dad, my elf side, my weird cat and my boys all have breakdowns only every other century....sometimes several times in a row. It's no big deal."

Julianos: "Fuck."

Akatosh: "Why did you stop hanging out with Sh-"

Julianos: "He called me a faggot."

Akatosh: "Ah."

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I guess Miraak’s prayer has old roots, huh?

That certainly was the inspiration, was a petty good sermon for all the two people who let themselves be possessed long enough to hear the whole thing. But there's no connection to in-RP connection to Miraak.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Would you rather have a post about the Jarl of Dawnstar or the Jarl of Riften?

I'd like to see what the Jarl of Morthal is doing with that chest of Imperial Gold Dales bribed her with XD

They both rule distant shit piles XD But I liked her personality in the Riften and Moot subplot, so i'd say I lean towards learning more about the Jarl of Riften

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@The Good Doctor R.I.P Lord of Fetch Quests, you deserved better XD

2073646-sinderion2.jpg

A Skyrim, Oblivion AND Morrowind reference in a post, you spoil me Doctor 

XD

Nice little post! I really like the balance between the Blackbriar pragmatism and Ingun's solid moral core; she seemed almost as if she wanted to give our little necromancer a job herself, and was still pretty interested in the idea of mass-producing ectoplasm (which is Dwarf Fortress levels of hilarious cruelty) :rofl: It's really cool to see her settling in, and I liked her Dunmer friend, which I think is the NPC in Skyrim's own version of the epic fetch quest with the Crimson Nirnroot? 

I really liked the focus of alchemy. It's something that's basically in EVERY fantasy RPG, but you hardly see it indepth in any kind of way. It'd be cool for the next TES game to have a more involved alchemy system. There was the huge post on Reddit I read a couple weeks back, explaining how Elden Ring is covered in Alchemy symbolism from medieval Europe, so i'm glad I saw a post on the topic so soon after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

A Skyrim, Oblivion AND Morrowind reference in a post, you spoil me Doctor 

XD

Nice little post! I really like the balance between the Blackbriar pragmatism and Ingun's solid moral core; she seemed almost as if she wanted to give our little necromancer a job herself, and was still pretty interested in the idea of mass-producing ectoplasm (which is Dwarf Fortress levels of hilarious cruelty) :rofl: 

Oh, she totally is still interested. She wanted to keep from upsetting her friend, but I probably should’ve made it clearer that she was lying through her teeth there at the end. XD 

On the Black-Briar pragmatism, I originally had a couple paragraphs where she went much more in-depth on the logistics of transitioning part of her business into potion-manufacturing, inspired kinda by America’s car companies building tanks and whatnot during WW2. But it got lengthy and felt way too forced, so I scrapped it. 

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's really cool to see her settling in, and I liked her Dunmer friend, which I think is the NPC in Skyrim's own version of the epic fetch quest with the Crimson Nirnroot? 

Yep. She’s Sinderion’s apprentice who learned to cultivate nirnroot. I went with her because she’s a master alchemist in the Rift who Ingun would reasonably hire. And I thought her cultivation of nirnroot might make a funny parallel to the cultivation of ectoplasm.

Glad you enjoyed the alchemy stuff. It’s something that can be a little difficult to make exciting, but I wasn’t going to do a post like this without getting at least a little into the nitty gritty of it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@TheCzarsHussar

Your post reminded me of a piece of art I saw awhile ago.

manon-lou-petit-famine.jpg?1629063634

Reveal hidden contents

It was very good horror-themed romp! More scary then a Bethesda-barrow anyhow 

XD Norse Horror is a favorite of mine, and through the Reachmen, the Barrows, and all the mysticism that was involved, I say you pulled it off well! 

Minus the spider, I could see it!

Spooky times all around. You ever been to the location in Skyrim?

• 1 month later...

Warning, Thotbox malfunction into the nonsensical. Please contact the nearest crystal pylon intendant.

As the evening came to a cold, and gentle close, a peculiar Nord nestled himself under a modest number of furs. The noise of Grim Ones splashing about in the distance was a but soothing clashing and lulled the old fellow to sleep, much to a certain spider's seething anger.

Above a sea of cobwebs, seemingly infinite in expanse did the old fellow levitate facing the void beyond. Even so a frigid faced friend clicked his axestaff to the tune of an extra-dream hymn; most foreign to walking no's skin, and thus did the two strut off away from the cobwebs.

"Whenever folks get you down, and things seem hard or tough, and they seem stupid, obnoxious and daft, and you feel like you've had quite enough...!" Said the frigid faced friend. "Just remember... that you're standing on an arena that's evolving and revolving about wheels and whatnot, that's orbiting this second, and I reckon, the sun that is the source of all our magic. Now the sun and you and me, and all the tears that we can see, are moving at a million miles away, in an outer spiraled arm of Padomay's bad day, of the universe we call the Elder Scrolls!"

"Our dream itself contains a hundred billion Kalpas, it's a hundred thousands times devoured side to side, it bulges in Alduin but out by us it'll be another way. We're thirty thousand days from Landfall's center point, we'll go round every few thousand years, and our Kalpa is only one of millions of billions in this amazing and expanding dreamverse!"

The two stumbled on a fancy red robed friend making a racket of extra-dream sound with his soul-laden tonal-device, they waved and cheered the elven devil on for a moment before turning on their heels and strutting back down to the waking world.

The two then sung in unison.

"The Wheel itself keeps on expanding and expanding, in all of the directions it can spin. As fast as it can go, the speed of thought you know, and that's the fastest speed there is. So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely that you're a Nord, and pray that there is intelligent life hereafter because there's bugger all down there on Nirn."

The frigid faced friend thwacked the old Nord across the noggin with the blunt of his axestaff who instantly woke up.

'What a nice dream.' Thought Theudofrid.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

@TheCzarsHussar

Saw that I never read your last Origins post. Amended that today. :D 

I don’t have a ton to say, but I did like it. The Imperial scholar POV is always a fun way to explore more esoteric beliefs.

I am a little confused why the Chieftain was believed to be a dragon priest, though, being a champion of Kyne and whatnot.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

Saw that I never read your last Origins post. Amended that today. :D 

Hide contents

I don’t have a ton to say, but I did like it. The Imperial scholar POV is always a fun way to explore more esoteric beliefs.

I am a little confused why the Chieftain was believed to be a dragon priest, though, being a champion of Kyne and whatnot.

I like to mix in purposeful anachronisms and misunderstandings when viewed from sources foreign to the subject.

It was the scholarly opinions of the writer when trying to separate folklore and historiography that made that inaccurate view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I like to mix in purposeful anachronisms and misunderstandings when viewed from sources foreign to the subject.

Gotcha. I like that you do that, but in this case I couldn’t tell if that’s what was happening or if I was missing something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If any of you reads my recent post, just want to point out that there are two of them, so don’t skip the first and only read the second one by mistake. XD 

Also, it follows my (now ancient) post with Colonel in which the Thalmor characters were returning to Alinor in the damages Sunbird. But it will make more sense if you’ve also read the Thalmor x Blades Origins posts I did a while back.

• Like 1