• Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's a cool idea; a chariot pulled by dwarf mammoths XD 

I reckon oxen or big horses would be more prudent. XD 

" Corvus couldn't take the little elf seriously. He was about as big as Corvus was, before he was old enough to even speak. The old near-giant hadn't any clue if this was a child-warrior or not, maybe not all elves are so abhorrent, there is pride in having battle-lust a life at such youthful age. "

:rofl: 

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, I asked Balrog if he wanted to write anything for Corvus in the battle.

'Three of the bandits didn't have time to regret their life decisions, as Corvus, as if was but a single thrust of his weapon, carved through the group. The first bandit was crushed overhead by the colossus blade thrown to the earth like a broken puppet, the second was severed from his waist up, and his top half didn't fall to the earth in time before Corvus finished the third with a monstrous slash of his blade, decapitating the man cleanly due to the sheer sharpness of the ebony edge. With a delayed burst of blood, Corvus was like but a blur to the naked eye.'

Looking back my only hookup is that @BigBossBalrog made Corvus seem a little too fast. Otherwise that was a cool decimation XD

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh yeah, I asked Balrog if he wanted to write anything for Corvus in the battle.

Hide contents

'Three of the bandits didn't have time to regret their life decisions, as Corvus, as if was but a single thrust of his weapon, carved through the group. The first bandit was crushed overhead by the colossus blade thrown to the earth like a broken puppet, the second was severed from his waist up, and his top half didn't fall to the earth in time before Corvus finished the third with a monstrous slash of his blade, decapitating the man cleanly due to the sheer sharpness of the ebony edge. With a delayed burst of blood, Corvus was like but a blur to the naked eye.'

Looking back my only hookup is that @BigBossBalrog made Corvus seem a little too fast. Otherwise that was a cool decimation XD

I was inspired by how fast the Monster units are in Total War Warhammer are; the momentum in their weight makes them seem like a wrecking ball. I thought it would be cool to show him off, despite his size and bulk, as very agile and surprisingly quick.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

I was inspired by how fast the Monster units are in Total War Warhammer are; the momentum in their weight makes them seem like a wrecking ball. I thought it would be cool to show him off, despite his size and bulk, as very agile and surprisingly quick despite his appearance.

Corvus is also a 500+ year old Atmoriant, great skill at arms exceeds his raw strength in his extended age.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fast, I can believe. Like a rolling boulder. But agile is not a word I think I'd use to describe Corvus from what I've read so far. XD Still probably the most terrifying melee-focused POV character in the RP thus far. 

There's something inherently terrifying about a monstrously powerful giant with great strength, but also one who fights with extreme discipline, skill and with his brain. The combination is horrifying. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

There's something inherently terrifying about a monstrously powerful giant with great strength, but also one who fights with extreme discipline, skill and with his brain. The combination is horrifying. 

Honestly, he could be slow and stupid and he'd still be terrifying. There's just not much a normal person can do against a fully armored giant with the strength to tear down palisades with ease. Even when they do get past his armor, wounds that would kill normal men only seem to annoy him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Corvus just shrugged off an arrow to the face and is currently asking the Chieftain for his name.

When that fight is over I'll address something about agility from what balrog said. Don't look into the spoilers until the dust settles ;)

'Frothing like a rabid beast, another mighty swing of the bardiche came against Corvus. Who ensnared the bottom of the axehead with the spatha, following was a riposte that flurried with a deft wrist into delivering a nasty cut across the Nord's face, his nose hung in two pieces that barely remained attached to the man's face. '

That can be boiled down into two things, Corvus was strong enough to stop the bardiche mid-swing and it was some deft wrist movements that dealt the swift attack. A giant won't be able to swing their arms like an agile wood elf can, but a wrist is a wrist and something that's like a dagger to Corvus can be used with flair, or at least to shave a little off the top :P.

• Like 1

Finished. 

Fucking hell, that ending. Corvus is as cold as his homeland.

I liked this post. It had good action and better character work. Always nice when the two can be combined.

One thing I found funny was that he just randomly started calling the Bosmer Elf-Eyes and it just kind of stuck. By the end of the post, I'd forgotten the little guy's real name. He is Elf-Eyes now. XD 

I've long been ready to finally see Corvus in his element, and by Shor was he in it! I know I already said it, but sheesh man, that guy is an absolute beast! I liked that despite his incredible advantage, it still didn't feel one-sided. The way Corvus fights, honing in on targets and charging headlong toward them with reckless abandon, it pretty much guarantees that the guy will take some licks, and he definitely did. Good job making him incredibly dangerous without making him feel invincible. That arrow he took was damned brutal.

I liked the attention to strategy in the march and attack, like the Imperials choosing to camp far off the road so they could get a surprise attack against the bandits. I was wondering as they marched what would keep the bandits from simply running away at the sight of approaching Legionaries, but y'all did a good job of making it believable that they got caught off guard and trapped during the assault. And the use of scouts is always nice to see.

Far as critiques go, I'd say that Corvus's equipment section might've been a tad indulgent. XD  Don't get me wrong, you painted a vivid picture, and but eight paragraphs dedicated to gear is a little excessive. Not really an objective criticism, though. Just for me personally, it started to drag. I will say that I'm glad they accounted for his overheating and the way his fighting style was literally wounding his shoulders. I was worried the guy was actually gonna go south bare-chested and just get pincushioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Finished. 

Reveal hidden contents

Fucking hell, that ending. Corvus is as cold as his homeland.

I liked this post. It had good action and better character work. Always nice when the two can be combined.

One thing I found funny was that he just randomly started calling the Bosmer Elf-Eyes and it just kind of stuck. By the end of the post, I'd forgotten the little guy's real name. He is Elf-Eyes now. XD 

I've long been ready to finally see Corvus in his element, and by Shor was he in it! I know I already said it, but sheesh man, that guy is an absolute beast! I liked that despite his incredible advantage, it still didn't feel one-sided. The way Corvus fights, honing in on targets and charging headlong toward them with reckless abandon, it pretty much guarantees that the guy will take some licks, and he definitely did. Good job making him incredibly dangerous without making him feel invincible. That arrow he took was damned brutal.

I liked the attention to strategy in the march and attack, like the Imperials choosing to camp far off the road so they could get a surprise attack against the bandits. I was wondering as they marched what would keep the bandits from simply running away at the sight of approaching Legionaries, but y'all did a good job of making it believable that they got caught off guard and trapped during the assault. And the use of scouts is always nice to see.

Far as critiques go, I'd say that Corvus's equipment section might've been a tad indulgent. XD  Don't get me wrong, you painted a vivid picture, and but eight paragraphs dedicated to gear is a little excessive. Not really an objective criticism, though. Just for me personally, it started to drag. I will say that I'm glad they accounted for his overheating and the way his fighting style was literally wounding his shoulders. I was worried the guy was actually gonna go south bare-chested and just get pincushioned. 

Elf-Eyes: NO YOU CAN'T JUST KILL CHILDREN! IT GOES AGAINST THE HONOR OF THE LEGION!

Corvus: 

kY3bOlrh.jpg

• Haha 1