Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #1

17 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

You just had bloodlust, couldn’t stop yourself from killing as many characters as possible :P. I would have liked to see him stick around, since he had interesting relationships with Boldir and Mila. If you really wanted him back, you could always just retcon it. I don’t know that anyone would mind. Since it wouldn’t change much or anything about what’s happened since, right?

*wakes up* hol Up hol Up uhhhh uhhhh, if we’re retconning ANYTHING, it’s gonna be Carlotta’s death, and everything that happened to Mila, except reading Baldur’s letters to Boldir because.... LOL.

You bring back giantslayer, I want Carlotta back too!

Whats dead should stay dead.

Unless it’s Carlotta.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wow was it really that long? Time flies. 

Anyway I mentioned she doesn’t need to read it all if she was interested in giving this a try. Said the same thing to Tijhan, but I forgot to give him a summary. We keep getting distracted with other shit.

Maybe we should see if she’s willing to join. Would be nice to have a reserve if Centurion is going to die in some war. 

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm going to make sure, if Lorgar dies, he's going to die OUT of wolf form XD

Or you could let Yornar have it. I think Lilly might love it. I think there also would be something pervertedly poetic if Yornar and Lilly did it doggystyle atop the pelt. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

The thing I want most is for Yornar to find a sufficient stopping point in his elf killing and then disappear with Maggie to some place far away with a garden, a library, and a dragon.

Don’t know what ”sufficient” would be. If not all of then enough that a plague, followed by natural disaster, famine and civil war would be less bad for elves. Personally I think that story has about equal, if not greater chance of ending like Greek tragedy.

• Haha 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

They showed a pic of a severed head belonging to a child on the news apparently. CNN, school shooting. A head blown off a kid’s body in Florida....

I feel like that’s ground for a lawsuit or something. At the very least it’s in horrible taste. If true. The source on that is my mother so, take for what you will. 

Also:

“Law enforcement sources said the suspect used a .223 caliber, AR-15 style firearm in the shooting.”

These guys are in love with that gun I swear. I bet the “law enforcement sources” didn’t even say that. Google up a different gun, damn.

6 hours ago, BTCollins said:

You just had bloodlust, couldn’t stop yourself from killing as many characters as possible :P. I would have liked to see him stick around, since he had interesting relationships with Boldir and Mila. If you really wanted him back, you could always just retcon it. I don’t know that anyone would mind. Since it wouldn’t change much or anything about what’s happened since, right?

It would contradict Endar’s detect life spell near the end where he saw Mila and Gwella were the only two left alive.

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was just about to like that comment and then I saw the bit about Yuri slaves XD 

Anyway, it’s what I wish Bethesda would take inspiration from for quest designs if not Obsidian at least. I don’t know if I can play another Bethesda title full of linear lazy ass quests.

Yeah the blood doll- not yuri, jeebus. XD I was so conflicted about that quest. Great game.

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Seeing how much you’re liking Divinity 2, I really think you’d be a fan of Pillars of Eternity. It’s also a lot like a well written DnD campaign, with tons of options even for dealing with minor shit. 

Indeed, and it has smut too!  Well, a smutlet. I had to write something after seeing Durance got no love.

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

It took me almost a Damn year and a half to read all of it, keep in mind I did take month long breaks here and there, but if I kept at it until the end, probably a month or two would be all the time investment needed. But then again, fuck that.

I can't believe you did that. XD

@ColonelKillaBee They always say "AR-15 style" because a ) they know nothing about guns and b ) they've got a hard on to ban the AR-15 since it's the most popular selling rifle and scary looking to plebs who think it's a machine gun or some shit.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 2

Had a good long debate with my young shadow at work the other day. Lol he was getting pretty pissed. Kept saying “forget about illegal guns!”

I said “no” lol because his whole argument comes from the assumption that gun bans will actually keep all those scary guns they dislike so much out of the hands of criminals.

The irony being he and his bougie ass family own weapons like that, tons of them.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Kind of an odd argument to make, then. 

Yea I didn’t get it either. My guess is he’s being influenced by his Canadian gf he loves so much.

And it’s my job to make sure that Commie hussy doesn’t turn him into a milkdrinker.

• Haha 2

He did concede when I mentioned places like a Chicago, California and New York and how stellar the gun control is in those areas. Tried saying that they just need even more gun control, to which I said “Prohibition.”

To which he tried to claim failed just because of the economic state of America at the time. So I asked him does that mean he thinks it could’ve worked in this time and age, and he said yes. I laughed.

I remember hearing somewhere that banning guns in US wouldn’t really work because there are too many guns and too much culture around them. I kinda agree as gun control seems to work in just about every other country than US. So it seems that for gun control to work a lot of guns have to simply disappear and a huge cultural shift would have to happen.

Though as I see it, mass shootings is simply something you people have to live with. 

9 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I remember hearing somewhere that banning guns in US wouldn’t really work because there are too many guns and too much culture around them. I kinda agree as gun control seems to work in just about every other country than US. So it seems that for gun control to work a lot of guns have to simply disappear and a huge cultural shift would have to happen.

Though as I see it, mass shootings is simply something you people have to live with. 

All I have to say on this whole situation is gun control won’t work. Never has, never will. I personally don’t know the solution, but I now what won’t work.

And on a personal note, if the US government ever tries “Gun Control” and orders me to disarm American citizens, because that’s the only way guns would be removed, I’ll rip the damn flag off my shoulder. Without the means to fight back you aren’t a citizen, you’re a subject and I won’t live as a subject to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

*wakes up* hol Up hol Up uhhhh uhhhh, if we’re retconning ANYTHING, it’s gonna be Carlotta’s death, and everything that happened to Mila, except reading Baldur’s letters to Boldir because.... LOL.

You bring back giantslayer, I want Carlotta back too!

Whats dead should stay dead.

Unless it’s Carlotta.

XD You know that can’t happen. At least with Stoit I didn’t make it that obvious. Never clearly showed a corpse or anything. And there was a lot left I could’ve done with him, whereas Carlotta reached a pretty definitive end.

6 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Maybe we should see if she’s willing to join. Would be nice to have a reserve if Centurion is going to die in some war. 

Holy shit. :rofl: 

I do agree though. Wouldn’t mind a new member or two, if they’re into it and committed enough to stick around.

6 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don’t know what ”sufficient” would be. If not all of then enough that a plague, followed by natural disaster, famine and civil war would be less bad for elves. Personally I think that story has about equal, if not greater chance of ending like Greek tragedy.

“Sufficient” meaning whatever point needs to be reached before you find a story reason for him to stop. I said this would be the thing I want most because I just don’t see it happening at all. It’d be very happy, and that doesn’t seem like the direction you’re going in.

19 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Agreed on all, except the way to deal with it is to ensure that the perpetrators can't just walk in to a school or movie theater unhindered. The current approach is to declare all public spaces "gun free zones" which ensures plenty of helpless victims. You know why the outlets don't want to react appropriately? Because then they'd have to pay for real security guards instead of the $8/hour rent-a-drunks they currently use, if there's any security at all. The clueless dipshits in our media keep perpetuating the fantasy that we can be like Europe when we really need to be emulating Israel.

Gun violence in general has gone down sharply over recent decades. "Gun control" is about pacifying people by making them believe the politicians are doing something, while they get to pocket more of the profit from gun sales in the form of taxes and fees. The biggest gun runner in the US is the federal government, so they'd have to take a sharp cut in revenue to reduce gun sales, and they're not going to do it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think people saying gun control works everywhere but here are attributing a cultural difference and lack of interest in guns to gun control and believe that cultural difference exists as a result of gun control, rather than gun control being unnecessary in countries like Australia in the first place.

Unless Britain has a culture around knives and stabbing people I don’t know about for instance, they’re a perfect example.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think people saying gun control works everywhere but here are attributing a cultural difference and lack of interest in guns as a result of gun control, rather than gun control being unnecessary in countries like Australia in the first place.

Unless Britain has a culture around knives and stabbing people I don’t know about for instance, they’re a perfect example.

“Gun control works” isn’t even a good thing in the grand scheme. It sure as hell wasn't for the Germans, Russians, or Chinese when shit went down in those places. Or any totalitarian regime, really.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yo, serious question.

What the fuck is this and where did his wife leave the purse where she placed his balls.

He’s their Prime Minister. XD 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

“Gun control works” isn’t even a good thing in the grand scheme. It sure as hell wasn't for the Germans, Russians, or Chinese when shit went down in those places.

He’s their Prime Minister. XD 

What a bitch. I prefer their Mayor. Toronto I think.

Yep:

Fucking legend dude. He was my inspiration for Baldur, true story.

As for gun control, that’s what I said too. First step before committing atrocities in your own land, limit and/or take away the citizen’s guns.

I don’t think a nearly full disarming of the country like what happened in Australia would work here, but I do think there are serious steps that we can and should take to restrict guns or at least certain features. 

Things like bump stocks need to be restricted, and you shouldn’t be able to buy a firearm at a gun show without a background check. And I think we need to take better measures to prevent domestic abusers from owning weapons, since there is, with many of the men who do these things, a history of that. 

But I’ll be honest, I don’t expect things to change anytime soon. If it didn’t with the Sandy Hook shooting when it was little kids that died, I don’t think anything that has happened since or will happen is going to mark a shift. But we are the only nation where these types of shootings happen, and I wonder why some people are so averse to taking a look in the mirror and asking if there’s something wrong with us, or if we can change anything to help prevent further shootings. 

And a lot of this could probably be prevented by increased access to mental health facilities and trained staff, but so long as we don’t spend money on those things, we won’t see a change. 

I don’t think we can or should disarm everyone, but I think we need to try something.

Also, while we’re talking about Canada, Trudeau is a neoliberal dumbass just like Macron. It always funny when I see people on the right offer the same critiques of people like Trudeau that I saw people on the left make with his inane correction like that (well, the further left than him, since he’s basically a centrist). But you know, that’s me, our resident leftist lol

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think people saying gun control works everywhere but here are attributing a cultural difference and lack of interest in guns to gun control and believe that cultural difference exists as a result of gun control, rather than gun control being unnecessary in countries like Australia in the first place.

Though gun control seems to have an affect in that not anyone can get their hands on dangerous guns. By that I mean unhinged people that don't use much logic or reason about their methods. 

Knives ar however also much harder to kill someone with. Especially en masse as you're quite by the range. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

“Gun control works” isn’t even a good thing in the grand scheme. It sure as hell wasn't for the Germans, Russians, or Chinese when shit went down in those places. Or any totalitarian regime, really.

Don't know what you're talking about for those countries. Germany went that way because of failed economy and a desperate people. Russia and China turned out as they did because of people with guns carrying out a revolution against the government. 

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Btw @BigBossBalrog she wants to leave Canada because apparently:

1. The closest chic fil a to her is 10 HOURS AWAY

2. There’s nothing there to do but play video games and camp

Her words, lol. XD Canada sucks man.

At least we don't have mass shootings everyweek...

Anyways like BT says if the massacre of a bunch of children didn't change gun laws nothing will. America has an epidemic of fun violence and it isn't anywhere near as bad here because we don't have the right to bear arms so maybe our way just works. It's foolish to think the States will levy restrictions on the more dangerous (because every weapon is dangerous) guns, but  I do hope they educate more people on gun safety and as BT suggested more access to mental health facilities.