Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Whats your thought on Snowfield and Mountaintops? I loved the areas visually. 

So do I. My only complaint is the dang stormhawks. But thankfully they’re not overly common.

All-in-all it’s a really cool late game area. I actually like how it remains huge and open, but uses verticality to be a little more linear than prior areas so you always feel like you're moving forward like in the old games.

I haven’t explored the Snowfield very thoroughly. Found the map, a couple graces, and a location or two, but I was mostly just scouting it out for later. 

I forgot to mention it, but when me and Nick were hosting 2v2's a few days ago, I had the weirdest glitch happen to me. I did this weapon art that blows a barrage of very dangerous bubbles (real shit, almost 1 shots if everything hits) and it kept visually shooting out constantly without a hitbox.

1.png.6c6a92953607cad61daaaf7b40dea814.png

2.png.8d45a5909342ef7bb4fd4fd2c993365c.png

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

So what was Mohg’s plan? Like, I get that the god/consort dynamic is important in this universe, and that powers and achievements can seemingly be shared between them (Marika/Radagon/Godrey, the Tarnished/Raani, etc) but do we know what Mohg was trying to do with that power? He wanted to become lord, of course, but presumably he had a vision for the world under his lordship just like the various tarnished do.

Also, just a thought. So we don’t know if Marika and Radagon were always the same person or became the same after their "marriage". What if it actually is the latter, and that is what Mohg is attempting to imitate with Miquella? Marry him, join with him, be a god. But because Miquella (unlike Marika) is weaker and in a comatosa state, Mohg might emerge as the dominant figure.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So what was Mohg’s plan? Like, I get that the god/consort dynamic is important in this universe, and that powers and achievements can seemingly be shared between them (Marika/Radagon/Godrey, the Tarnished/Raani, etc) but do we know what Mohg was trying to do with that power? He wanted to become lord, of course, but presumably he had a vision for the world under his lordship just like the various tarnished do.

Also, just a thought. So we don’t know if Marika and Radagon were always the same person or became the same after their "marriage". What if it actually is the latter, and that is what Mohg is attempting to imitate with Miquella? Marry him, join with him, be a god. But because Miquella (unlike Marika) is weaker and in a comatosa state, Mohg might emerge as the dominant figure.

I think Mohg graduated from the god-school Zeus came from; "I want to be a fucking creep who has a boy toy" 

But to be serious, before answering your question, have you come across descriptions and texts, 

Referencing the Outer God's? 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I think Mohg graduated from the god-school Zeus came from; "I want to be a fucking creep who has a boy toy" 

But to be serious, before answering your question, have you come across descriptions and texts, 

Hide contents

Referencing the Outer God's? 

A few. There have been mentions of a Formless Mother, a god of rot, and I believe something to do with the blood stuff as well.

I also killed a blood build samurai whose equipment said he was the greatest swordsman in the land and that he met Mohg, fought him, and then basically "sold his soul" to him for power, becoming a demon of the sword. Definitely seeing where you got the Satan vibes.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

A few. There have been mentions of a Formless Mother, a god of rot, and I believe something to do with the blood stuff as well.

I also killed a blood build samurai whose equipment said he was the greatest swordsman in the land and that he met Mohg, fought him, and then basically "sold his soul" to him for power, becoming a demon of the sword. Definitely seeing where you got the Satan vibes.

Not to spoil some other lore revelations, but it's outright told that the various ages of the world are ruled by a "God and there consorts" empowered by an Outer God, who is granted divine worship through there proxies, and hence power . A few of them are stated in the next few stones so I wont specify who, but the Outer God's are quite remicent of the Great Ones from Bloodborne, and they have servants and envoys clashing with each other in the Lands Between trying to claim that dynmaic.

Mohg wants to seize the Throne of his mother, marry Miquella, and rule a new Age of Blood under the grace of the Formless Mother, as his Mogwyn Dynasty flourishes. 

For all of his nightmarish horror, the dude certainly has ambition and drive. 

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

the Outer God's are quite remicent of the Great Ones from Bloodborne, and they have servants and envoys clashing with each other in the Lands Between trying to claim that dynmaic.

And I suppose the Greater Will comes from one of these gods as well.

To be honest, I almost get a more traditional, almost "Christian" vibe from this than I do a Lovecraftian one. Not in a 1-1 way, of course, but the unseen "greater powers and principalities" from beyond our world/dimension (like Heaven and Hell) who influence through miracles and proxies and establish the rules of the world seems waaaay more familiar than the completely incomprehensible yet (occasionally) physically present "gods" (aliens) of Bloodborne. This seems doubly true considering the cosmology is definitely not your typical "spinning ball in the vacuum of space" and so the "outer gods" are not literal space aliens like many of Lovecraft’s deities.

The Golden Order has prayerbooks and "Bible" similarities. Incantations are literal miracles that you cannot bring about without faith. Heretical incantations are the same, but through powers that Golden Order adherents would consider demonic or blasphemous, like Mogh and the Formless Mother.

Heck, creepy as they are, the Two Fingers could even be compared to angels. These forces are very direct and involved and seem to have relatively clear and understandable positions. Not like the Great Ones who were completely alien by design. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

And I suppose the Greater Will comes from one of these gods as well.

To be honest, I almost get a more traditional, almost "Christian" vibe from this than I do a Lovecraftian one. Not in a 1-1 way, of course, but the unseen "greater powers and principalities" from beyond our world/dimension (like Heaven and Hell) who influence through miracles and proxies and establish the rules of the world seems waaaay more familiar than the completely incomprehensible yet (occasionally) physically present "gods" (aliens) of Bloodborne. This seems doubly true considering the cosmology is definitely not your typical "spinning ball in the vacuum of space" and so the "outer gods" are not literal space aliens like many of Lovecraft’s deities.

The Golden Order has prayerbooks and "Bible" similarities. Incantations are literal miracles that you cannot bring about without faith. Heretical incantations are the same, but through powers that Golden Order adherents would consider demonic or blasphemous, like Mogh and the Formless Mother.

Heck, creepy as they are, the Two Fingers could even be compared to angels. These forces are very direct and involved and seem to have relatively clear and understandable positions. Not like the Great Ones who were completely alien by design. 

The Greater Will is an Outter God, the fingers are their envoys and doubly act almost like biological antennas, communicating/communing with their god. The Greater Will put all it's enemies to the sword or converted them. Giants now well and truly extinct, as is their god of flame, dragons all either converted or dead, Godskin Apostles which once could have killed even the Greater Will with their black flames now are near powerless.

The Tarnished's entire journey is really reestablishing the Greater Will's order of the world after Marika went and suplexed the Elden Ring. The Two Fingers are absolutely shocked that we were spurned by the Erdtree, it was not in the plan, or at least they've been out of contact with their god for so long.

There's so very much of the Greater Will you won't know about until you...listen to Shabriri ;)

23 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

There's so very much of the Greater Will you won't know about until you...listen to Shabriri ;)

Sounds like we’re due another chat.

Although, I’m not sure I’ll be convinced that the murderous body-snatcher who constantly shouts "LET CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD" is going to be the best source for good, unbiased… sane information.

27 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Greater Will put all it's enemies to the sword or converted them. Giants now well and truly extinct, as is their god of flame, dragons all either converted or dead, Godskin Apostles which once could have killed even the Greater Will with their black flames now are near powerless.

The Tarnished's entire journey is really reestablishing the Greater Will's order of the world after Marika went and suplexed the Elden Ring.

Well giants and dragons seem violent and hostile and the Godskins are downright horrific, so that all sounds good to me. XD 

Cleaving down the last vestiges of ancient world craziness seems like a small price to pay for millennia of peace, order, and stability.

Also reinforces my belief that this whole world feels more Biblical than Lovecraftian. Like the tribes of Israel destroying the enemy nations in the lands of Canaan in the name of God. That’s not the sort of thing you’d see Bloodborne deities. This "god" has a will that is reflected in the world. It’s even in the name: "Greater Will". 

• Like 1