Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Very vague spoilers Doc, but you aught read.

Hide contents

If you seek audience with the three fingers before the flame of ruin, it's a really big game changer, in the story department. 

No don't. It's annoying. To deal with.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

It locks you into a super bad ending unless you do an estrogenic quest and even still you don't get to engage with Melina's remaining events.

Counterpoint. 

Doc is right before the Fire Giant, granted it's a very impactful scene with Melina, but to embrace the three fingers after she sacrifices herself is a horrible disrespect.

But it's also the hands down most insane ending with a huge amount of potential if Melina is left alive.

18 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Very vague spoilers Doc, but you aught read.

Hide contents

If you seek audience with the three fingers before the flame of ruin, it's a really big game changer, in the story department. 

I explored the capital underground for hours today. I found a catacomb with nothing noteworthy in it, and… Mohg… for some reason.

What the hell is he doing down here? Are there two Mohgs? Or did I not really kill him the first time like Margit? Is he truly dead now? Son of a bitch.

Anyway, I’m tired of this maze. I didn’t find anything to do with the Frenzied Flame and Mohg was a dead end. I’m going back to my snow. XD 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

I explored the capital underground for hours today. I found a catacomb with nothing noteworthy in it, and… Mohg… for some reason.

What the hell is he doing down here? Are there two Mohgs? Or did I not really kill him the first time like Margit? Is he truly dead now? Son of a bitch.

Anyway, I’m tired of this maze. I didn’t find anything to do with the Frenzied Flame and Mohg was a dead end. I’m going back to my snow. XD 

Good stay out of there XD

Its just a projection of him. You can later find a seal made from magic by Morgott and its implied Morgott and Mohg have worked on unison to contain whatever beyond the door. Which just tells you to fucking stay away.

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

Now imagine if you fought that loser before the real deal, he's who I was warning you about before you fought the real lord of blood.

Also, there's a hidden wall in clone mohg's arena, explore beyond.

• Thanks 1

I've been helping people with Mohg, with my Str/arc (non casting) Paladin of Mohg character, and wow, this Host had the fight stolen from him.

He summons for what could ve his first fight ever against him, as it was a cutscene, and the other summon uses infinite fp flask and one shots Mohg with comet azur.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

and the other summon uses infinite fp flask and one shots Mohg with comet azur.

:rofl: I bet that is easy considering how long the gap is between Mohg and the fog wall. If he stays lined up, he’s toast.

But frankly, anyone who summons for their first attempt probably doesn’t care too much and is either on a replay or just trying to rush through it.

Fire Giant is a cool boss. I’ve gotten him down to like 1/8 health three times now but I keep getting greedy and dying to his AOE fire attacks while trying to steal those last few HP.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: I bet that is easy considering how long the gap is between Mohg and the fog wall. If he stays lined up, he’s toast.

But frankly, anyone who summons for their first attempt probably doesn’t care too much and is either on a replay or just trying to rush through it.

Hide contents

Fire Giant is a cool boss. I’ve gotten him down to like 1/8 health three times now but I keep getting greedy and dying to his AOE fire attacks while trying to steal those last few HP.

Really feels like your fighting a Jotun from Norse Mythology straight from the saga's XD

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Fire Giant is my top three bosses in the game, he's just so fucking cool. Half the community hates him and thinks he had shut hitboxes, I think they need to git gud XD

I will say, I still don’t think many bosses in ER have reached the heights of Gael, Soul of Cinder, Maria, Gehrman, or Orphan of Kos for me yet.

Radahn is a contender for the sheer presentation and cool factor, but I’m not sure if he holds up as well as those others mechanically. His fight was quite fun and varied, so maybe. I’ll have to do it again to really decide.

I liked Morgott too, but some of his roll-catch delays feel somewhat gamey and unnatural. Very fun, though.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I will say, I still don’t think many bosses in ER have reached the heights of Gael, Soul of Cinder, Maria, Gehrman, or Orphan of Kos for me yet.

Radahn is a contender for the sheer presentation and cool factor, but I’m not sure if he holds up as well as those others mechanically. His fight was quite fun and varied, so maybe. I’ll have to do it again to really decide.

I liked Morgott too, but some of his roll-catch delays feel somewhat gamey and unnatural. Very fun, though.

My favorite boss fight is the next big one after the Fire Giant XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Elden Ring bosses feel like they're entirely built around fifteen hit combos and input reading for roll catches