Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I actually did activate "try-hard" mode when I got surprise invaded by Dung Eater just because of the implications of what dying to him could mean. Luckily, he’s not that tough of an opponent by this point in the game. XD 

Oh yeah I was extremely tryhard on him too for fear of what dying would mean, sadly From didn't go that far. I would have liked it locking you into his ending.

There is one ending you're locked into if you do something Melina begs you not to.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I would have liked it locking you into his ending.

That would be such a hilariously disgusting troll. XD Assuming that his ending is what he describes wanting, then getting stuck with that as the world’s fate after 80 hours of playtime would be the worst thing ever. Imagine if your controller batteries died during the fight. 

• Haha 1

How many horrific endings are there in this game?!

And how can so many things be worse than Dung Eater?!!

I cannot say, massive massive massive spoilers.

A really cool thing is that the extremely bleak ending is something the game secretly guides you to your whole playthrough. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

A really cool thing is that the extremely bleak ending is something the game secretly guides you to your whole playthrough. 

I’m not even going to try to guess it. I feel like there are already like ten things this could apply to. XD Hell, I was sure that the Lord of Blood was one but that’s been ruled out for me. 

I’m not even going to try to guess it. I feel like there are already like ten things this could apply to. XD Hell, I was sure that the Lord of Blood was one but that’s been ruled out for me. 

How far up the mountain have you gotten? You reached the Grand Lift of Rold yet?

How far up the mountain have you gotten? You reached the Grand Lift of Rold yet?

Yeah, I’m pretty far. The big cauldron thing is pretty close, in fact. But I’ve stopped progressing that way so I could double back and explore the area more + tie up loose ends in earlier regions. 

Is it relating to the "CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD!!!" guy who took over my dead ronin friend’s body? He told me to go look under the capital, and to sacrifice myself instead of Melina. 

That’s gotta be it, yeah?

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m pretty far. The big cauldron thing is pretty close, in fact. But I’ve stopped progressing that way so I could double back and explore the area more + tie up loose ends in earlier regions. 

Hide contents

Is it relating to the "CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD!!!" guy who took over my dead ronin friend’s body? He told me to go look under the capital, and to sacrifice myself instead of Melina. 

Yep

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I don't know how credible this is, but I hear Ranni's ending/motives are entirely mistranslated.

Well right now she seems super sketchy to me. But I don’t know if changing the translation would help because a lot of my skepticism comes from her early deeds. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Poor Yura's corpse has been possessed by by Shabriri. Item descriptions call him the most hated man in history. If you try attacking and 'killing' the possessed Yura, Shabriri tells you he cannot die and that he's chaos incarnate. His voice fades into the wind itself afterwards, he makes me think of a really horrific Avatar.

But yeah, if you seek audience with the Three Fingers as he wishes, it'll change the entire story which is extremely impressive.

By the way, I figured out the Goldmask puzzle. I did have some help…

First was Czar telling me to go down that elevator.

Second, I remembered when one of y’all mentioned his questline was the only one to require a respec.

Third, a friend told me I’d need to cast a spell. 

Went down the elevator. Found the note in front of the statue. Remembered turtle pope saying something about a statue housing secrets. Looked through my incants, and found one called Regression requiring super high INT.

I didn’t have to respec, thankfully. Just leveled INT twice, wore a nerd statue mask, drank my flask of smart juice, and was able to cast it. And it worked.

Interesting twist… But now I am very confused. If Marika is Radagon, then is she also the "father" of Rennala’s children? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

By the way, I figured out the Goldmask puzzle. I did have some help…

Hide contents

First was Czar telling me to go down that elevator.

Second, I remembered when one of y’all mentioned his questline was the only one to require a respec.

Third, a friend told me I’d need to cast a spell. 

Went down the elevator. Found the note in front of the statue. Remembered turtle pope saying something about a statue housing secrets. Looked through my incants, and found one called Regression requiring super high INT.

I didn’t have to respec, thankfully. Just leveled INT twice, wore a nerd statue mask, drank my flask of smart juice, and was able to cast it. And it worked.

Interesting twist… But now I am very confused. If Marika is Radagon, then is she also the "father" of Rennala’s children? 

There's a huge amount of debate surrounding that. One camp is that Radagon is Marika is Radagon is Marika, basically they've always been a single being. While another camp is that Radagon and Marika became one entity after the shattering of the Elden Ring.

The truth is... that it's very vague and left to interpretation.

Hide contents

There's a huge amount of debate surrounding that. One camp is that Radagon is Marika is Radagon is Marika, basically they've always been a single being. While another camp is that Radagon and Marika became one entity after the shattering of the Elden Ring.

The truth is... that it's very vague and left to interpretation.

It can’t be the latter, right? Because the statue would’ve been built before the shattering.

Hide contents

It can’t be the latter, right? Because the statue would’ve been built before the shattering.

There's honestly more vague evidence that they're the same being, or at least the male and female aspects of a single god. Had to delete a whole paragraph because I realized it's spoiler territory XD

Hide contents

There's honestly more vague evidence that they're the same being, or at least the male and female aspects of a single god. Had to delete a whole paragraph because I realized it's spoiler territory XD

Poor Godfrey had no idea what he was getting into. 

• Haha 2

Hide contents

But at the same time, if Radagon and Marika were always the same god, then Radagon's childreen through Rennala would have been Demigods from birth, and not just by their father's marriage to Marika.

Maybe Radagon is a mortal aspect? 

Or maybe they actually were from birth. The power and appearance of the demigods seems to vary wildly.