Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

Yooo great news everyone!

Elden Ring just got a huge balancing and bugfix patch. https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-104

Here's the extremely important stuff.

Colossal Swords and Weapons have faster swing animations. I'm very intrigued at this because I love colossal weapons, but goddamn were they slow.

A huge chunk of spells and weapon arts have their casting time reduced, fp reduced and hyper armor added. This will hopefully make the useless faith spells that take ages to cast actually viable.

OPTIONAL TOGGLE FOR AUTO-CAMERA FOLLOWING!

Massive Frenzy nerf, the status buildup was so powerful on the dragon communion seal that it could instant proc frenzy on players. Plus the frenzied animation plays faster. Despite using the frenzy spells a lot in pvp, I'm very happy they're being balanced now.

Carian Retaliation one shot exploit/bug is patched, thank god, poor gank kiddies have lost their crutch.

Bleed is starting to be nerfed, currently it's just the buildup from bleed spells.

All in all, I'm incredibly pleased with this latest patch. Can't wait to test it out

• Sad 1

Here's a controversial take, Colossal Weapons are way too fast now. I think Colossal Swords are perfect minus the Greatsword's weird animation bug now with two uncharged r2's.

The heaviest weapon in the game now swings just a little slower then Ds3's ultra greatswords. As a strength build fanatic I love it, but from a balancing standpoint, it's now beyond powerful.

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bleed is starting to be nerfed, currently it's just the buildup from bleed spells.

I hope it’s not just a damage nerf or a reduction in buildup. Would rather they make it so bleed can’t build up on attacks that are blocked, and make it so more bleed weapons bounce off blocks instead of being able to follow through with more swings. Shields should be a hard counter to bleed. 

Not a fan of nerfs for stuff that’s not  broken or game breaking. Not everything has to be equally strong, as long as they’re all reasonably viable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or, if the name is a spoiler, just a hint that I’ll only recognize when I get there.

Haligtree area

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I hope it’s not just a damage nerf or a reduction in buildup. Would rather they make it so bleed can’t build up on attacks that are blocked, and make it so more bleed weapons bounce off blocks instead of being able to follow through with more swings. Shields should be a hard counter to bleed. 

Not a fan of nerfs for stuff that’s not  broken or game breaking. Not everything has to be equally strong, as long as they’re all reasonably viable. 

It was a little strange the bleed spells are being targeted. But the fly swarm did bleed real quickly and that's the only one that got nerfed with buildup.

The other bleed spells actually got faster cast time and less fp cost.

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'll never understand why From took this feature out. It was in Ds1 and maaaybe 2, but if a one handed weapon hit a greatshield, it bounces off and prevents a combo

The mechanic exists in this game. It occurs when you hit rock enemies and the like. So you’d think it would apply to shields or at least greatshields. Maybe they tested it and found that it made shields too good? Admittedly, having attacks bounce like that off of every block would practically be a mini parry and very easy to perform and punish.

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Here's a controversial take, Colossal Weapons are way too fast now. I think Colossal Swords are perfect minus the Greatsword's weird animation bug now with two uncharged r2's.

The heaviest weapon in the game now swings just a little slower then Ds3's ultra greatswords. As a strength build fanatic I love it, but from a balancing standpoint, it's now beyond powerful.

No, they were underpowered till now. Alot of unchanged stuff from the old games didn't work in Elden Ring's blender, now parity has been achieved 

Apparently most Greatswords have block reductions on the tier of medium shields. It feels great 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That is a fine thing to add. It doesn’t really make the game any easier. I’d be all for bigger rewards from bosses. Just wish they wouldn’t make enemies so much weaker. The game isn’t that difficult for Fromsoft. 

I don't quite a agree with that; there not making the bosses weaker, there making the players stronger. Of course it's an after-effect, the player is able to effectively fight more, but I wouldn't say there nerfing enemies. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

there not making the bosses weaker, there making the players stronger.

That’s effectively the exact same thing. Stamina is extremely easy to manage in this game, and the Vigor/Health scaling is pretty generous. I don’t think this really needed attention. 

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*People now have more stamina and health*

STOP CATERING TO CASUALS 

It makes leveling them up a bit easier and more rewarding. I don't see a problem with that. Leveling them up is optional. And with the damage of certain late game areas I feel health is justified. And if the flask heals the same as before it will just mean people will get a chance to drink it empty before dying, instead of dying to two quick hits.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

And if the flask heals the same as before it will just mean people will get a chance to drink it empty before dying, instead of dying to two quick hits.

Flask and incant healing is actually a buff I’d be more in favor of.  Even by the late game, with lots of sacred tears or high level spells, healing is pretty weak. 

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Flask and incant healing is actually a buff I’d be more in favor of.  Even by the late game, with lots of sacred tears or high level spells, healing is pretty weak. 

I rarely got a chance to notice. Even with 42 vigor.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No, they were underpowered till now. Alot of unchanged stuff from the old games didn't work in Elden Ring's blender, now parity has been achieved 

Apparently most Greatswords have block reductions on the tier of medium shields. It feels great 

It's too easy now XD

Colossal Weapons are so fast for me that I can just slaughter previously challenging enemies. The Cleanrot Knights and Haligtree soldiers that previously put up a good late challenge are brushed aside with ease now with those big boy weapons.