Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

Huh. So I guess they consider it unsalvable. 

REDengine was there in-house engine they used to make Cyberpunk and the Witcher 2-3 (and apparently they invested close to 100 million to make Red Engine 4, Cyberpunk's engine) and was going to be be the thing going forward for all there other IP's. They were rumors Cyberpunk was super hard to make cause they engine wasn't really working with the game, so hopefully using something like Unreal will make things easier for CD 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Will Smith attacked someone at the Oscars tonight for insulting a rare disease his wife has XD 

Watching, it seems fake to me. Probably the academy hiring some actors to do a little stunt because their ratings have been tanking for years. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Watching, it seems fake to me. Probably the academy hiring some actors to do a little stunt because their ratings have been tanking for years. 

They should turn the Oscars into a full blood sport, i'd watch the fuck out of that. XD 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For context; it was a known child diddler winning. XD Cage is the only one who seems disgusted. 

I remember. It was Roman Polanski, right? Guy’s so guilty of child rape that he fled the country and they still treat him like the greatest thing ever.

My headcanon is that Cage is a legitimate weirdo crazy person, but like the exact same weirdo crazy person that he plays in his movies. This hyper eccentric, narcissistic loner who speaks his mind and has violent outbursts. And all the Hollywood types keep him at arm’s length because they fear him. 

• Haha 1

You know, with all the game series of my childhood up in flames or being milked with shitty sequels. I'm really happy that Elden Ring was so good. Not saying Fromsoft was a part of me growing up, unless you count the five minutes I played Armored Core that came with my OG 360 XD

Theres not many games that gets me excited anymore, with Fallout and Elder Scrolls chilling in a void, Gears of War being a laughing stock, Halo's continuity makes me die inside, and CoD long long long long stopped being fun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You know, with all the game series of my childhood up in flames or being milked with shitty sequels. I'm really happy that Elden Ring was so good. Not saying Fromsoft was a part of me growing up, unless you count the five minutes I played Armored Core that came with my OG 360 XD

Theres not many games that gets me excited anymore, with Fallout and Elder Scrolls chilling in a void, Gears of War being a laughing stock, Halo's continuity makes me die inside, and CoD long long long long stopped being fun.

You should try the Witcher sometime. Or at least the third one. It’s really good. 

And Dishonored.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You should try the Witcher sometime. Or at least the third one. It’s really good. 

I still have the Witcher 3 with all dlcs on the xbox one, I really do intend to play it again. I just haven't felt in the mood XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

And Dishonored.

That's another one I really want to play. The last time I tried to buy it though, the gift card I had was faulty and it didn't go through :rofl:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I dont usually like buying into a cult of personality; but I honestly think everything Miyazaki turns to gold. It's clear there's a ton of other people talented at FROM, but I think his leadership brings out the best (Mind you I thought Scholar was great, so it's not just him) 

And the dudes made constant bangers for the last decade, so I think when a FROM project is announced at the least I know it's going to be a quality game XD

On 3/19/2022 at 4:55 PM, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion  If I didn’t comment on something, it means I pretty much just agree with what you said.

Hide contents

I know this one is unpopular, but I would do away with the frames myself and just go back to it being two pieces: armor and helmet. I would keep the size and power from Fallout 4.

Main thing, though, I think it should be super rare and valuable, with 100% damage threshold instead of resistance, meaning any hits below a certain level of damage will not hurt you at all (goes both ways, your level 4 scrub of a hero shouldn’t be able to down BoS Paladins with a 10mm pistol). There is also no fusion core mechanic.

To balance, player characters shouldn’t be able to effectively upgrade or repair suits on their own, as this is supposed to be super advanced technology that even the Chinese failed to replicate. This would make befriending advanced groups like the BoS much more rewarding, as they will provide a supremely valuable service (and still for a costly price). Maybe you can unlock a perk to do it yourself eventually, but it should be difficult to earn (if a quest perk) or very high level (if a normal one). 

All this would make power armor the sort of tool you want to save for the most dangerous areas, or can only be worn regularly in the late-game when you’ve acquired the resources to maintain it. Otherwise, the cost and obscurity of upkeep is too prohibitive. 

I honestly don’t think power makes much sense without the frame tho. Like it was the one thing lore wise added that made sense. If you go look at the power armor sprite from F1 and F2 the T-51b has a big ass valve one the back and with the fame it would make sense why you need training to use it.

Super valuable and rare yes. One of my mods in F4 makes it to where you never find a full set of T-45 or 51 and everywhere you would’ve found it it’s either literally 1 piece or just an equip cache. You can only get T-60 from the brotherhood and X-01 there’s only one set period and all the piece are in different places.

Id also make it to where T-45 is only T-45D, T-51B, T-60A (if it’s in the game at all), and X-01/Advanced power armor/APAMk2/Hellfire (only where it makes sense) like no changing the tier it is. The DT you get is what you get. I agree with the basically being bullet proof when dealing with anything but .308 or higher. And I’d simply switch the Fusion Cores out with micro fusion cells

i think repairing it could function how it currently does, maybe takes more resources and takes some perks but on that note I’d make the pieces health pool way fucking larger like your not gonna lose you leg armor after one fire fight with 3 raiders using pipe weapons.  It’d take missiles, mines, grenades, .50BMG, etc to really damage the armor that much.

but like that paint jobs and shit, that’s cool and it would still be able to be done. I’d make the armor mods like the medic pump or jet pack something that either had to be found in a pre war facility or as a reward for BoS quests or whatever faction is using power armor in that area

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

@Centurion

22 hours ago, Centurion said:

If you go look at the power armor sprite from F1 and F2 the T-51b has a big ass valve one the back and with the fame it would make sense why you need training to use it.

It had a valve but that doesn’t on its own suggest a frame. I am partial to no frame, but even keeping the frame in lore, I wouldn’t make it its own piece in gameplay. Like, if you find a T-51b, then there could be a frame inside, but the armor itself is just one whole set (minus the helmet). Basically like how it was in every game before 4, except bigger and with the implication that there is a frame inside.

X-01 there’s only one set period and all the piece are in different places.

So like APA in New Vegas, or the daedric armor in Morrowind. I like this.

Id also make it to where T-45 is only T-45D, T-51B, T-60A (if it’s in the game at all), and X-01/Advanced power armor/APAMk2/Hellfire (only where it makes sense) like no changing the tier it is. The DT you get is what you get.

Totally agreed. And I’d just straight up fucking retcon X01 to be APA Mk1 because it was stupid of Bethesda to ever pretend that wasn’t their intention to begin with.

I’d be tempted to pretend T-60 never happened but that’s probably too much. Maybe I’d just rework the lore so that it was an upgraded variant of the T-45d that Maxson’s crew developed with seized Enclave tech. But tbh, I’d find it much cooler if they had just started wearing the superior Enclave armor themselves. Would’ve worked well aesthetically too with Bethesda trying to make them feel more militant and sinister in FO4 than they were in 3 (even though they’re clearly the good guys XD). 

I agree with the basically being bullet proof when dealing with anything but .308 or higher. And I’d simply switch the Fusion Cores out with micro fusion cells

I’d make it vary with the armor. T-45d loses to .308 and higher. T-51b might tank a .308 but not much more, and not an armor piercing .308 for example.

But the Enclave armor? That shit should be primo. If an enemy has it, you should need some serious ordinance to beat him. And if you somehow get some, then it should basically be a late game item that makes you feel the same way.

Hellfire, I think I’d give the same stats as APA 1, but with significant added explosive and fire resistances.

I’d power it with whatever type of fusion cells it was originally stated to use in the lore, but gameplay wise I’d keep them out of it. The packs are supposed to allow it to run for like two centuries (and sitting in a room for two centuries unused doesn’t count XD). 

but like that paint jobs and shit, that’s cool and it would still be able to be done. I’d make the armor mods like the medic pump or jet pack something that either had to be found in a pre war facility or as a reward for BoS quests or whatever faction is using power armor in that area

I’m all for it. I’m not against customization, just now a fan of how the PC in recent games is like the god of power armor whose mechanical mastery can make the Enclave and all of prewar America’s researchers look like incompetent fools by comparison. 

I’d make the pieces health pool way fucking larger like your not gonna lose you leg armor after one fire fight with 3 raiders using pipe weapons.  It’d take missiles, mines, grenades, .50BMG, etc to really damage the armor that much.

Mostly agreed. Better armor, harder to damage, but much more difficult to actually fix once it’s truly damaged. 

I am okay with smaller stuff whittling at the armor’s condition, though. Albeit slowly. If only to disincentivize players from wearing it all the time against every enemy. Sure, raiders with shitty 9mm pistols aren’t gonna hurt you, but hundreds of shots could eventually wear on it.

• Like 1

Dudes sooooo I’m the only one in the house now as Rylie, Freya and the dogs are in Washington and over the last three days, shit has been getting weird. It started with knocks that come in sets of 3 every single time. Then the night before last I was chilling in the living room and out of my peripherals I saw a white smoky figure move across the hallway and last night everytime I tried to record the knocks would stop and then resume after I turned the recording off, also figured out that they are coming from the basement. I’ve also been sleeping with the lights on the last 2 days. For clarification the knocks are discernibly different from the stand house noises, air vents, and water pipe noises

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Dudes sooooo I’m the only one in the house now as Rylie, Freya and the dogs are in Washington and over the last three days, shit has been getting weird. It started with knocks that come in sets of 3 every single time. Then the night before last I was chilling in the living room and out of my peripherals I saw a white smoky figure move across the hallway and last night everytime I tried to record the knocks would stop and then resume after I turned the recording off, also figured out that they are coming from the basement. I’ve also been sleeping with the lights on the last 2 days. For clarification the knocks are discernibly different from the stand house noises, air vents, and water pipe noises

You should cleanse the house with sage XD

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

This is want one of my boys from Hawaii said

23C8C035-CF01-4502-9A64-0BB82573C8CD.thumb.jpeg.7a92dcad311a73901264aea57e670bd7.jpeg
  • Haha 2