Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

New Street Fighter was announced. Not a big fan of the IP, but I really love how Capcom has been able to perfect it's stylized, but very grounded and realistic art style. Perfect balance of gritty, but stylized. Right now, I think with RE engine there quite possibly the leader at the AAA visuals department. 

kWBzHFt.jpg

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You...you-*mubbles* don't need TESVI. Or that...that upstart, foreign, shitty ring game. Just...just buy Skyrim again, please?

y0ggm8z4mab31.jpg

Todd. Todd never changes.

Arena waged war to gather sales and recognition.
Daggerfall built a following from its lust for world building and difficulty.
Morrowind shaped a battered lore into an cult classic superpower.

But Todd never changes.

In the 21st century, Skyrim was still sold over the resources that could be reused. Only this time, the spoils of Skyrim were also its weapons: creation club and casuals. For these resources, Todd would change lore, the grasslands would annex jungles, and the fans would dissolve into quarreling, bickering fanboys, bent on controlling the last remaining old lore on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of Skyrim had come again. In two brief hours, most of the internet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of special super redux 2 edition, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the Morrowind steam sales. Your family was part of that group that entered Vvardenfell. Imprisoned safely behind the large Ghostgate, under a mountain of faith, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in Bethesda is about to change.

• Haha 1

Idk if y’all are caught up on what’s happening right now, but just want to say no matter what comes of this situation I appreciate the friends I’ve made here over the last 7 or so years. Idk what any of it means for me yet, I’m sure we’ll all find out tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

6 hours ago, Centurion said:

Idk if y’all are caught up on what’s happening right now, but just want to say no matter what comes of this situation I appreciate the friends I’ve made here over the last 7 or so years. Idk what any of it means for me yet, I’m sure we’ll all find out tomorrow.

Best wishes for you bro!

As bad as it is, I hope we keep out of it.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

And with 76's and 4's assets, they have a huge pool to draw from 

While this is true, I’d almost rather wait. Or, if they do use those assets, I hope they update and change them a lot more than they did from 3 to NV.

Particularly character models. I’m tired of the worlds being inhabited by the same five derpy-looking 40-year-old characters who are mostly indistinguishable but clearly just alterations of the Nate/Nora presets. Sure, the graphics are way better than 3 or NV, but at least characters looked unique in those games.