Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

20 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The UN is a forum and not some world state. It has no real authority. All declarations are merely formal ways for countries to make their positions known to all. If Russia wanted to withdraw their formal recognition of Ukraine as a sovereign nation, they could do that at any point.

I have no clue what drives Russia to say one thing to the UN while Putin regularly says the exact opposite, seemingly on Russia’s behalf, many times in other contexts. Or what that means regarding their actual position. But both of these things are true, so it’s not at all out of the question for the latter position to be used as rhetoric to justify what’s happening now. It would contradict what they’ve told the UN, but that’s already happened.

They’ve also long said that they won’t stand for Ukraine joining NATO and have never hidden their unwillingness to allow that to happen. Russia has been against NATO expansion west of Germany since the 90s and have always considered it aggression.

Ukraine has been fucking on Russia. Saint Javelin has been annihilating tanks. The Ghost of Kyiv has become the first one day flying ace in 60 years. The Ukrainian people are hard as fuck. I watched a video of a Ukrainian grandma walking up to Russian soldiers and offering them sunflower seeds so that “when you die on our soil flowers will grow.” I also watched the video of the Snake Island 13 who told a Russian warship “Russian warship, go fuck yourself” after demanding they demanded the garrisons surrender. The Russians were hoping for an easy victory and for the country to roll over. That hasn’t happened. Ukraine is kicking Putin square in the nuts

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Ukraine has been fucking on Russia. Saint Javelin has been annihilating tanks. The Ghost of Kyiv has become the first one day flying ace in 60 years. The Ukrainian people are hard as fuck. I watched a video of a Ukrainian grandma walking up to Russian soldiers and offering them sunflower seeds so that “when you die on our soil flowers will grow.” I also watched the video of the Snake Island 13 who told a Russian warship “Russian warship, go fuck yourself” after demanding they demanded the garrisons surrender. The Russians were hoping for an easy victory and for the country to roll over. That hasn’t happened. Ukraine is kicking Putin square in the nuts

Ukraine going hard. Wish our Slavic buddies had mountains to hold up in instead of steppe and lowlands.

If I had the time or willpower to mod Fallout 4 I would remake the Minutemen and here’s how I would do it

Minutemen Faction rewrite

• Sequence from Concord stays the same until sanctuary. 
  • Once arrived in sanctuary, Preston still sends the player to tenpines bluff
  • On return the pc is not made the general, merely offered to join the Minutemen
  • Building up sanctuary with required resources is now required to progress before you get another quest from Preston
  • All settlements with people already on them now have specific quests like the Abernathy Farm and the Slog with unique characters
  • Once 5 settlements are allied, unique former Minutemen will begin showing up in sanctuary.
  • Unique npc’s will show up at settlements along with generic settlers
  • The Castle quest will only start after a northern or southern settlement path is established (Northern path minimums = Sanctuary, Starlight Drive Inn, taffington Boathouse, County Crossing, Nordhagen beach) (Southern Path minimums = Sanctuary, Starlight Drive inn, Greygarden, Oberland Station, Egret Tours Marina, Jamaica Plain)
  • Player Character becomes General After retaking the Castle
  • Castle armory quest progresses as normal
  • After castle armory quest is complete, “Taking the fight to the Gunners begins” must supply all of your allied settlements with artillery
  • Objectives to wipe out Gunner outposts nearby will populate at allied settlements with Unique npcs giving the quests
  • Once both Northern and Southern path minimums are met and all current allied settlements are supplied with artillery the quest “Assault Gunner HQ” begins
  • Meet minimum force outside Gunner HQ, storm the building and Kill CPT West
  • Once all Commonwealth Settlements become allied the quest “Retaking Quincy” activates
  • Reclaim Quincy by wiping out gunners, and gunner leaders located there
  • Quincy becomes a workshop settlement

Railroad
  • optional alliance with the railroad

Brotherhood of Steel
  • same as vanilla

Institute
  • Same as vanilla

Fuck:dntknw:

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee@TheCzarsHussar

Instead of whatever monstrosity this upcoming Halo show is going to be, it would be cool if they’d just do Contact Harvest. It would be a great introduction to the universe, and Sgt. Johnson could easily carry a show as the leading man.

In his prime, Carl Weathers could’ve been perfect in that role.

carl-weathers.jpg

But now I don’t know who I’d cast. The lineup of 'tough' American action stars is kind of pathetic these days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee@TheCzarsHussar

Instead of whatever monstrosity this upcoming Halo show is going to be, it would be cool if they’d just do Contact Harvest. It would be a great introduction to the universe, and Sgt. Johnson could easily carry a show as the leading man.

In his prime, Carl Weathers could’ve been perfect in that role.

carl-weathers.jpg

But now I don’t know who I’d cast. The lineup of 'tough' American action stars is kind of pathetic these days.

Don't get an American to play; get Idris Elba with an American accent XD

idris-elba.jpg

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Don't get an American to play; get Idris Elba with an American accent XD

Idris is great but can he do the gruff macho American thing? It’s hard to imagine him as Johnson, to be honest.

Maybe they should just find some former drill sergeant and tell him to be himself. XD 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's the weird looking gangly girl in the trailer, it was reveled in the synopsis XD 

… Ok. XD 

So anyway, Contact Harvest. Decent book, but I think it would make a really good movie. No Spartans, but we would get ODST and most of the aliens.

Cole Protocol would be good too, especially as a one season to show, because it’s so self-contained and doesn’t really span a huge amount of locations. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

… Ok. XD 

So anyway, Contact Harvest. Decent book, but I think it would make a really good movie. No Spartans, but we would get ODST and most of the aliens.

Cole Protocol would be good too, especially as a one season to show, because it’s so self-contained and doesn’t really span a huge amount of locations. 

That's the main reason I'd think they wouldn't touch it, you need the Spartans there for brand advertisement XD 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's the main reason I'd think they wouldn't touch it, you need the Spartans there for brand advertisement XD 

Which sucks, kinda like how Star Wars has this huge galaxy of interesting concepts but can’t go five minutes without focusing on the Jedi. 

Spartans are awesome, but the Covenant war is so rife with potential to do cool and unique things that don’t require their presence. Hell, the ODSTs can basically fill the same role as elite, helmeted badasses, and a competent marketing team could definitely make that work. It just shows how risk-averse these studios have gotten. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which sucks, kinda like how Star Wars has this huge galaxy of interesting concepts but can’t go five minutes without focusing on the Jedi. 

Spartans are awesome, but the Covenant war is so rife with potential to do cool and unique things that don’t require their presence. Hell, the ODSTs can basically fill the same role as elite, helmeted badasses, and a competent marketing team could definitely make that work. It just shows how risk-averse these studios have gotten. 

ODST did a good job with that, but could you really a Hollywood corporation like Paramount talking to 343 and asquesting to having no Spartans in there Halo show XD It's probably the only thing the execs know about Halo. 

I'm not going to lie; I was kinda of excited when I saw the Elites and Spartans looking so good, but when I rewatched the trailer, when they started screaming about "finding Halo", I instantly was reminded of Hunt Down the Freeman and now the entire show is ruined 

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

ODST did a good job with that, but could you really a Hollywood corporation like Paramount talking to 343 and asquesting to having no Spartans in there Halo show XD It's probably the only thing the execs know about Halo. 

I feel like Studios of that size only feel okay taking risks with major IPs after they’ve already tried the "safe" ideas a hundred times and continually flopped.

Like the DC movies. They were all terrible. For years. And then only after flopping over and over in their vain effort to copy Marvel, they finally threw up their hands and allowed stuff like Joker, The Suicide Squad, and apparently this new Batman movie to be made. Because screw it, what’s left to lose- wait, the creative ones are actually good?! O.o

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm not going to lie; I was kinda of excited when I saw the Elites and Spartans looking so good, but when I rewatched the trailer, 

Sad as it is, I’ve reached a point where I don’t get excited when I see series that I love getting adaptations anymore. My immediate, instinctive thought is "oh great, how are they going to ruin this thing that I like". 

It’s more fun to think about what could be done than what actually will be. That’s why I mentioned Contact Harvest instead of going into the actual show that’s being made. XD 

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently the Halo show takes place in the "silver" screen universe; it's an alternate universe to mainline Halo. Which is why you have that dumb stuff like an evil female covenant human raised by the prophets to destroy humanity XD 

Thanks, all my minute interest just died.