Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

First LOTR shots.

This Dwarf looks like he's straight out of Jackson's movies. Really good design. 

lord-of-the-rings-003.jpg

I presume this is supposed to be Galadriel, cause Tolkien said she had a very "amazonian disposition" when she was younger. Not a bad design, though it looks a little stale. 

lord-of-the-rings-002.jpg

Ummmm....no comment. 

FLPJgREX0AcJ5o-?format=jpg&name=large

Once more, the Elves (except the one above) look decent. 

FLPJiuEXIAI02za?format=jpg&name=large

This is fucking retarded. WHY DOES SHE HAVE NO BEARD?!

lord-of-the-rings-004.jpg

Oh and the reports about there being sex were really exaggerated, according to the writer. 

"So will there be Westerosi levels of violence and sex in Amazon's Middle-earth? In short, no. McKay says the goal was "to make a show for everyone, for kids who are 11, 12, and 13, even though sometimes they might have to pull the blanket up over their eyes if it's a little too scary. We talked about the tone in Tolkien's books. This is material that is sometimes scary—and sometimes very intense, sometimes quite political, sometimes quite sophisticated—but it's also heartwarming and life-affirming and optimistic. It's about friendship and it's about brotherhood and underdogs overcoming great darkness."

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

RE4 is probably the most sound game of the original series, so I’m all about this if it is done well. 

It's so good and aged so well, I kinda think it's weird there remaking it, so i'm glad it's going to be really different from the OG, cause if otherwise, what's even the point 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's so good and aged so well, I kinda think it's weird there remaking it, so i'm glad it's going to be really different from the OG, cause if otherwise, what's even the point 

Agreed. It seems like their plan is to try and remake the series so that all the games are tonally consistent with one another, rather than the hodgepodge mixup of gritty horror and campy quirky weirdness we have right now.

1-3 are easy, because they were a little more grounded. 4 will be harder, but doable. It’s gonna get really interesting when they reach 5-6. XD 

I doubt they touch Revelations or 7+, since those games are already more in line with the remastered vision.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. It seems like their plan is to try and remake the series so that all the games are tonally consistent with one another, rather than the hodgepodge mixup of gritty horror and campy quirky weirdness we have right now.

1-3 are easy, because they were a little more grounded. 4 will be harder, but doable. It’s gonna get really interesting when they reach 5-6. XD 

I doubt they touch Revelations or 7+, since those games are already more in line with the remastered vision.

I don't even think it's possibly with their level of camp to fit it into Capcom's modern vision. I'd be cool if the made completely new "5-6's" XD

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think they’d almost have to. But they could keep basic premises the same. Like 5 being set in Africa, starring Chris and Whatshername, and being the one where Wesker dies. 

They'd have to recontext the whole boulder punching thing to remain continuity with Village but make it something serious XD

17 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I presume this is supposed to be Galadriel, cause Tolkien said she had a very "amazonian disposition" when she was younger. Not a bad design, though it looks a little stale. 

lord-of-the-rings-002.jpg

I like it. Aside from the mail looking very poor quality and flimsy, and the cuirass is just BARELY too far down that it would hamper her movement. I think that plate is very good looking.