Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Balrog Didn’t Want a Poll

• So here it is.
    • Suck it.
    • Skyrim belongs to the Nords.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Remember the canvas bag ordeal? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/buq0vt/people_who_ordered_the_power_armor_edition_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/buraqx/where_are_the_canvas_bags/

They clearly weren’t ready for this. XD I wonder how long it ends up taking.  

I don't want to take my violin out for people who bought a collectors edition of fucking 76 though XD

Writing was on the wall "DO NOT BUY THIS GAME"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't want to take my violin out for people who bought a collectors edition of fucking 76 though XD

Writing was on the wall "DO NOT BUY THIS GAME"

Yeah I don’t feel bad for them. I just find the whole 76 release saga depressingly funny.

The two players still on Anthem are singing similar dirges. Their big "Cataclysm reveal" was basically the same gameplay with a timer and a shitty new location. I mean, I was even shocked at how shitty it looked because at least Anthem had always looked impressive visually.

I hate how nowadays when developers put out a shitty game, the philosophy is that they need to spend the next three years fixing it and making it somewhat passable instead of just accepting that they did a bad one, learning from it, and moving on to make something better.

It’s kinda frustrating that BioWare and Bethesda, probably the two most well-known single player RPG developers, are spending this much time and effort on the worst, most unpopular games they’ve ever put out. Games that aren’t even remotely similar to the kind that made them successful in the first place.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know what game hasn’t failed us yet?

Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas. XD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas. XD 

It's funny you say that with New Vegas included with "games that need work to finish" because New Vegas for me was one of the buggiest experiences i've ever played on 360 at launch XD 

• Like 1

Still, even as buggy a game as it was, it’s a classic and did so much right, so much that years later most games have yet to come close in matching its sophistication of story and lore, not to mention dialogue and freedom.

New Vegas didn’t fail just because the release was shaky. 

Anthems release wasn’t shaky, they fucking scuttled the ship. 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's funny you say that with New Vegas included with "games that need work to finish" because New Vegas for me was one of the buggiest experiences i've ever played on 360 at launch XD 

Having a team make some bug-fix patches in the following weeks and months isn’t even remotely in the same ballpark as the modern MMO-inspired “games as a service” treatment that lots of developers are going with now, in which a sizable portion of their team is constantly dedicated to creating “new” content that’s really just repetitive cookie cutter “event” bullshit used to keep these pointless games on life support for as long as possible so kids with too much freedom don’t stop spending their parents’ money on this week’s newest microtransaction. 

That was all one sentence. XD 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Still, even as buggy a game as it was, it’s a classic and did so much right, so much that years later most games have yet to come close in matching its sophistication of story and lore, not to mention dialogue and freedom.

New Vegas didn’t fail just because the release was shaky. 

Anthems release wasn’t shaky, they fucking scuttled the ship. 

In Anthem's case it was both a very buggy game and an awful game content wise XD

And it's not like i'm not sympathetic towards Obsidian, apparently Beth had a very mean deadline for the game. But I didn't like how half the quests I was trying to do were broken and un finishable, the freezes, stuttering, and insanity of broken things. But the fact I payed full price for a game that was quite hard for me to enjoy on release will always sour me a bit on the title :(

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think you’re exaggerating now. Quests weren’t broken, there were just a lot of technical issues with the gameplay

I'm not, quite a fews quests were broken. If you dont believe me, just look for a casual search on the internet.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/59296284

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+vegas+quyests+broken&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA788CA788&oq=new+vegas+quyests+broken&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.3551j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Very few of the quest bugs actually broke them or made the impossible to complete, even in the page you linked. Let alone “half”. And regardless, they they all got fixed in reasonable enough time, and like Colonel said, the buggy release obviously didn’t ruin New Vegas seeing as how it’s considered by many to be the best game in one of the most popular rpg franchises out there. At worst, it just made for an annoying first couple months for some people.

It’s not comparable with BioWare and Bethesda just straight up abandoning their fan bases to redirect their efforts towards making shitty cash grab games that are designed to perpetually promise “more” in the hopes that the game will one day be good.