Spooktober Gaming

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If you guys want brainrot; read this XD

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

As if Leon and Claire aren't already the type of survivors you'd want to to run into during a zombie outbreak. 

"That notion is wild, the police station as fortress/safe haven is laughably naive (particularly for people of color). It certainly was in the 90s as well, and really, when has policing in America ever actually been about keeping neighborhoods safe as opposed to keeping a racist status quo up and running?"

Holy unrelated politics forced into a gaming article, Batman!

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

"That notion is wild, the police station as fortress/safe haven is laughably naive (particularly for people of color). It certainly was in the 90s as well, and really, when has policing in America ever actually been about keeping neighborhoods safe as opposed to keeping a racist status quo up and running?"

Holy unrelated politics forced into a gaming article, Batman!

What do you expect from Vice XD 

• Haha 1

Well that was one of the most worthless things I’ve ever read. XD 

TLDR:  "These obviously moral characters are actually dirtbags if you ignore every single story beat and skip all the cutscenes of them helping people. Why? Because they’re white gun-owners who loot supplies in a city that has hardly any remaining survivors."

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I noticed that too :rofl: I think they tried framing it as an "ER person's" perspective and wanting a game in that angle, but it comes across as stupid; you wanna bandage up those zombies, go right ahead see what happens.

I don’t even believe them. EMS is insanely stressful work. No way this pansy journalist worked an ambulance or walks around saving random bleeding assault victims with the bandages in her purse. XD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Especially when the player is good. He’s a lot less cool when I’m holding the controller, getting grabbed and pounced on every fifteen seconds and dying two minutes into the mission. XD 

Keep at it; it's the ultimate test of a Resident Evil players skill XD

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 10:36 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

Keep at it; it's the ultimate test of a Resident Evil players skill XD

I tried again today. Died to lickers. XD 

But I did rerun the Katherine Warren one and pretty much breezed it until the jail section at the end, where I got swarmed because I had forgotten to equip my flashbang grenade. Still barely made it through after getting pounced on more times than I thought the game would allow.

The ways that Katherine and the boyfriend canonically died makes playing these "what-if" scenarios kinda sad.

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I tried again today. Died to lickers. XD 

But I did rerun the Katherine Warren one and pretty much breezed it until the jail section at the end, where I got swarmed because I had forgotten to equip my flashbang grenade. Still barely made it through after getting pounced on more times than I thought the game would allow.

The ways that Katherine and the boyfriend canonically died makes playing these "what-if" scenarios kinda sad.

All of the ghost surviors are very depressing XD

But Fourth Survior is actually canon and I think has way more production (you have cutscenes and voice acting). It's gameplay scenario is way cooler XD GS feels more like a mini game to me. Still fun

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

All of the ghost surviors are very depressing XD

But Fourth Survior is actually canon and I think has way more production (you have cutscenes and voice acting). It's gameplay scenario is way cooler XD GS feels more like a mini game to me. Still fun

I like Katherine’s because it’s the most oldschool "survival" with the most underdog survivor. But also because it’s the easiest and the only one I can consistently beat. XD 

Fourth Survivor is indeed the coolest. But it’s also the hardest. No Time to Mourn (where you play as Robert Kendo, the gun shop owner), is the saddest. 

@BigBossBalrog I’ve been in extra content mode lately. After Ghost Survivors, I decided to finally give RE4’s Mercenaries a try, and damn is it fun! :lol: Perfect for messing around to kill time. 

Played as Leon first and then Ada. Since I haven’t played Seperate Ways yet, I had no idea Ada’s grappling hook melee would be so good. Got an S rank on first try and unlocked Wesker. XD I’ll to try him out later. Excited for Hunk. 

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog I’ve been in extra content mode lately. After Ghost Survivors, I decided to finally give RE4’s Mercenaries a try, and damn is it fun! :lol: Perfect for messing around to kill time. 

Played as Leon first and then Ada. Since I haven’t played Seperate Ways yet, I had no idea Ada’s grappling hook melee would be so good. Got an S rank on first try and unlocked Wesker. XD I’ll to try him out later. Excited for Hunk. 

Wesker, HUNK, and Krauser are broken. 

Very simple, yet very fun gameplay loop

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wesker, HUNK, and Krauser are broken. 

Very simple, yet very fun gameplay loop

On first runs I got 277,200 as Leon, 201,400 as Ada, 293,000 as Wesker, and then 977,530 as Luis. Bet you can guess which one I liked best. XD 

That dynamite of his is freaking nuts! Made him the first character I was able to clear the level with instead of running out of time or dying. What’s funny is that I’ve heard he’s generally regarded as the weakest. Wasn’t my experience at all.

Edit:  Well, when you’re right you’re right. Krauser is a monster (literally :lol:). His unbreakable knife and melee move set are ridiculous. I made a stupid mistake that got me killed with only 20 enemies left in the round and a final score of 470,500. But I did unlock Hunk!

• Haha 1

@BigBossBalrog Finally played as Hunk. Yeeeah, he’s the best. XD 

Sadly, I died with only ten enemies remaining. Got cornered by three bosses, hit them with a grenade to stun them and run past, but got stuck trying to squeeze through the crowd and one-hit killed by the chainsaw bitch. Another stupid mistake. I should’ve gone somewhere more open when the bosses showed up.

But it was my second best round (after Luis) with almost 800,000 points, and would’ve easily been my best if I had just held out a little longer. Pretty sure my combo was 140 and would’ve easily been a perfect 150 had I made it to the end. 

What a fun game mode. :D And Hunk is the ultimate badass. That MP5 is beastly and his special infinite ammo ability is incredible. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Finally played as Hunk. Yeeeah, he’s the best. XD 

Sadly, I died with only ten enemies remaining. Got cornered by three bosses, hit them with a grenade to stun them and run past, but got stuck trying to squeeze through the crowd and one-hit killed by the chainsaw bitch. Another stupid mistake. I should’ve gone somewhere more open when the bosses showed up.

But it was my second best round (after Luis) with almost 800,000 points, and would’ve easily been my best if I had just held out a little longer. Pretty sure my combo was 140 and would’ve easily been a perfect 150 had I made it to the end. 

What a fun game mode. :D And Hunk is the ultimate badass. That MP5 is beastly and his special infinite ammo ability is incredible. 

He can also one shot bosses with his neck breaker XD If he stuns them.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He can also one shot bosses with his neck breaker XD If he stuns them.

Yeah, I got one of the final sisters that way but it was just way too crowded to get them all. Think I prefer Leon and Ada’s kicks for their speed and crowd control, but there is something hilariously satisfying about watching the Grim Reaper snap a boss’s neck and do his "ta-da" hand gesture. :ranger: 

• Haha 1