Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

059658aa3baf9b3bff5be224b16604fd637c170f

Pelin-al, grant me your might, bring me foes that I might fight, 

Make my sword land heavy, yet swing light, Pelin-al, Star-Made Knight.

If death comes, then fear I lack, a Kiss at the End keeps my spirit in tact,

The elves will know my name, in fact. Blood for Kyne... Blood for the Pact.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bro@ Doc, those two defending their home from the protesters, that was in Missouri. The fuck is wrong with y'alls governor

So basically Greitens won the 2016 election and seemed like a pretty good one, all things considered. He was new to politics and a lot more active and aggressive than the usual tired old do-nothings that we elect. I think he was a Navy Seal.

Anyway, his opposition started going at him pretty hard after he won. Like every month there was some new accusation leveled against him by Missouri Democrats. He was charged with some sort of fraud (like Trump) and it was proven false and dropped (like Trump). Then a story broke about him cheating on his wife, but it was years prior and she already knew about it and according to her the two had made amends and moved past it. So really not that relevant.

Then the lady he cheated with said he blackmailed her (like Trump) but gave no proof. He was basically getting hammered constantly and was pressured to resign. Parson became the new governor and that’s all she wrote. 

Tbh, whatever else he did, I don’t think Greitens would’ve stayed quiet on shit like the story you linked. He basically ran as the pro 2A guy, and the way he attacked situations like this was basically what got him elected. Specifically concerning the Ferguson riots.

If I vote in 2024, I’ll probably go with him, provided he runs again. I had my problems with him, but I liked him better than Parson or any of his predecessors. I met Governor Nixon once and it was weird because I didn’t like him at all. XD 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

She all but called him Soy Boy XD 

Thats a shame, it sounds like he only dropped out for his wife's sake and his marriage.

That’s what he said. In his resignation speech he said that it was too difficult for his family. They were getting a lot of shit thrown at them.

Tbh, it made think the guy must have been doing something right. XD We’ve never in my lifetime had an elected official get targeted so hard by the mainstream media or even their political opposition. Even when videos leaked of former Senator Claire McCaskill straight up admitting that she was lying about her gun stances to appeal to conservatives and that she specifically didn’t care about the Bootheel (where I live! XD), nobody covered it or talked about it except online.

Edit, oh and Josh Hawley. Pretty sure he thrashed her for it at some point. But the media hates Hawley. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Anyone of y’all know who "Hem" is? That’s the username that just joined our site. I’m pretty sure it’s just a bot, but usually they have less coherent names so I wanted to make sure before I break out the laser rifle.

Nope,