Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

Man fuck the Army... like I had two things I really wanted to do on Holiday leave and now I can't do those two things. I was gonna sleeve out my left arm and fuck. They gave me a smallpox vaccination, which if you don't know, make a festering fucking pusy blister on you skin at the site of the vaccination for anywhere from 4-6 FUCKING WEEKS! I can't get tattoo for 6 FUCKING WEEKS because there's a possibility of the smallpox spreading into the fresh tattoo site. I can technically still fuck, but I have this festering fucking pus ball on my fucking arm.... ughhhh >:(

Fuck:dntknw:

4 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

While you could argue that any game with a story has a politic aspect to it, especially if it involves narrative choices, I do find it rather bothering if it comes across as preachy to the audience. Not to mention that games are often about escapism and exploring new and different settings. In which it can be rather immersion breaking if you're reminded about real life modern politics. If you're gonna add politics in a game it would be better to make it part of a faction in a way that makes sense and to which the player can agree, disagree or stay neutral about. 

"Everything is political" is the slogan for those who really love shoving their politics in your face.

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s bioware... how is it news that their next game is gonna be on the nose with obvious political shoehorning. Coulda told ya that without a tweet, it’s what they’re known for, why would they change now.

Games gonna be trash, nothing to see here

It's not news, but that guy is especially annoying.

20 minutes ago, Celan said:

"Everything is political" is the slogan for those who really love shoving their politics in your face.

To which I would reply that it doesn't excuse bad writing, especially if it's jarringly out of place. New Vegas and Tyranny involve a lot of politics in their stories and worlds, yet neither game feels like a political statement. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

I don’t think they care, lol...

Looking at the state of comics n shit for instance and how bad the black girl iron man is, it’s pretty clear they don’t give a damn about a good story, it’s about how many checks they can make on their list of inclusion.

To them, the more there are, the better the story.

Which is why inquisition had more gay characters than str8, and why they paid more attention to that and Krem than doing what CDPR did and filling their game with actual content.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Man fuck the Army... like I had two things I really wanted to do on Holiday leave and now I can't do those two things. I was gonna sleeve out my left arm and fuck. They gave me a smallpox vaccination, which if you don't know, make a festering fucking pusy blister on you skin at the site of the vaccination for anywhere from 4-6 FUCKING WEEKS! I can't get tattoo for 6 FUCKING WEEKS because there's a possibility of the smallpox spreading into the fresh tattoo site. I can technically still fuck, but I have this festering fucking pus ball on my fucking arm.... ughhhh >:(

Nigga. Sleeve the other arm! :P 

And as for the other thing, it sounds like you need a break anyway. XD 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah. XD 

You need a break on drinking too while we’re at it. In fact son, you need Jesus. Let me refer you to Peter 4:3...

Multiple people, including people with fire puss have tried to get through to me and failed, you ain’t gonna get far :rofl:

as for the bold bit, I prefer to stay farrr away from that

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I’m actually legitimately excited for the Outer Worlds. That actually looks like a good as rpg and a good holdover until other games get here

Same here. After seeing the gameplay and reading some of what they had to say, this game has rocketed to a top spot on my most anticipated games list, right up there with Cyberpunk.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Microsoft is also a much more benevolent taskmaster then Bethesda, hopefully they'll give them the time they need so we can avoid a Knights of the Old Republic 2 and New Vegas at launch fiasco. Please don't be buggy and half unfinished...

To my understanding, Microsoft isn't actually involved with this game in any capacity. It's being published by a subsidiary of Take Two. So far, they don't have much of a track record for being good or bad. The only two games they've published were Kerbal space flight simulators.

Cool idea I got from an anon today:

I was watching the Outer Worlds Trailer and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be awesome if it was part of Fallout New Vegas and House's ending was unoffically canon, proving that he could reach the moon in under a century

• Like 1