Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@BigBossBalrog

I’m not gonna lie, musics not gonna be my favorite thing about the game, lol. They’re doing too much with it.

I think they knew it was going to be divisive, since if you don't like the characters theme you can switch it out with music from the earlier titles, though I personally like Devil Trigger and Red Cloud XD

5 hours ago, Celan said:

"Narrative Director" for the new Dragon Age game is the super-SJW John Epler. Yeah, this game is doomed.

While you could argue that any game with a story has a politic aspect to it, especially if it involves narrative choices, I do find it rather bothering if it comes across as preachy to the audience. Not to mention that games are often about escapism and exploring new and different settings. In which it can be rather immersion breaking if you're reminded about real life modern politics. If you're gonna add politics in a game it would be better to make it part of a faction in a way that makes sense and to which the player can agree, disagree or stay neutral about. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

It’s bioware... how is it news that their next game is gonna be on the nose with obvious political shoehorning. Coulda told ya that without a tweet, it’s what they’re known for, why would they change now.

Games gonna be trash, nothing to see here

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee