Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

People are saying the Mad Dog overheard a Turkish diplomat bragging about how he was going to put Kurds in ditches and he lost it. 

“Oh, someone on the internet said something that makes the Americans sound bad. Better keep spinning the tale like it’s true!”

I’m with Colonel on this one. I’m thankful and glad to have troops who are brave and willing enough to go through Hell for us, but just because they signed up for it doesn’t mean that I want them to if it’s not for something worthwhile. And mopping up radicals on the other side of the world who’ve lost all their territory and will never be gone completely is not worth the lives.

And I don’t like seeing the Kurds so worried about the Turks, but unless we’re gonna truly commit and take out Turkey all together (never gonna happen), that whole conflict is bound to go on forever and it shouldn’t be on American troops to risk their lives over it or the American taxpayer to fund it. President Trump said he’d pull out of Syria when he ran. I like Mattis. The guy’s a warrior to the core and smart as all get-out. But if he can’t reconcile his views with those of the man he volunteered to work for, then leaving is the right call. I’m glad he did it respectfully instead of making a fucking drama out of it like so many people seem to want him to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Any of you'll happen to know anywhere in Mid GA that can do gun modifications btw. I did buy this used (My family don't have a lot of money) Nothing wrong with the gun, but I know it is possible to get a rail onto this gun for if I ever buy a scope. Also any big box stores like academy that may have a cheek pad to put on this?

I don’t know what’s in Georgia, but you can find literally anything you’d ever want for modding and customizing your gun online, and plenty of YouTube tutorials for doing it yourself. If you don’t want to mess with all that, and if you’re near a bigger town or city, there are probably a lot of gun shops in the area. I’d suggest asking around a bit. Lots of these guys usually won’t carry everything you could want, but have enough contacts to get their hands on just about anything. 

Primary Arms is one of my favorite parts sites. They have lots of sales and deals. I think it’s mostly AR stuff but it may still be worth a look.

3 hours ago, Centurion said:

But the thing is, it is our problem, isis exists because of us. That makes them our problem. And just saying “yep there defeated” when they aren’t is fucking retarded and only going to increase the loss of life in the long run. Every single 11B volunteered knowing that we signed away our lives to kill and die in service to our home and for our brothers to the left and right. Dying means nothing if it isn’t for something. Dying at war would be my preferred way to go because I’d surrounded by brothers doing what I was meant to do on this world. I agree that the world doesn’t need a policeman but we can’t just ignore these things. 

I agree it is retarded and I know we created them. Obama and Bush, and everyone that said to pull out of Iraq immediately regardless of the consequences.

But there’s always gonna be some terrorist group and some fucked individuals. The fact that the same terrorist groups have been roaming around since Reagan shows that sticking our dicks where it ain’t welcome no matter how many hoorahs our boys cry isn’t gonna fix a damn thing.

Its been time to pack up for years now.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Nice. Asked my parents  for a 1911 on my 21st BD but at the moment I'm only legal to own rifles. Only 19 I turn 20 next month.

That’s what I’m packin. Beautiful gun aesthetically and how it shoots. Feels good, but I will admit I prefer a 9 for extended use.

Great for home defense though and target practice.

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

06039B38-2FC4-4DB2-922E-9A8733A5CA2D.thumb.jpeg.84ced7643c745068d4d13fcc108ee04f.jpeg

Sorry for bitching tonight lol I just get in these moods when I’m up for too long :rofl: I’m basically a giant toddler. Here’s a picture from the other days platoon competition

I can certainly understand your predicament and your attitude. That mentality’s what I channeled for Brund. Some men need action and are of a different stock and like doc said I’m thankful we got em when we need em.

Not that I think you like pissing on cats or anything. XD 

13 hours ago, Centurion said:

“An illegal blockade” laws of war are stupid and broken all the time by both sides. If you limit your capabilities, it makes victory that much harder resulting in longer costlier conflicts. I’m not saying the innocent women and children deserved to starve, but while they were starving, the German empires war machine was also starving, demoralizing the men, resulting in a quicker conflict than it would have been otherwise.

It depends on what you want to achieve. If you target a civilian population, you could end up with a war that never ends. It's not like in ancient times when you could destroy your enemy's entire tribe then pop off home or take his land. Modern states means there will be repercussions long after a conflict ends.

But, blockades do win wars. The French blockade of British ships is probably what won our Revolution.

WWI just seems so senseless. I tried reading The Guns of August to get  sense of why they fought. It was basically all these career military assholes who thought war made their civilizations great. A leftover of Napoleon. And Hitler was a leftover of that mentality, too, embittered by how Germany was treated after WWI.

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I agree it is retarded and I know we created them. Obama and Bush, and everyone that said to pull out of Iraq immediately regardless of the consequences.

But there’s always gonna be some terrorist group and some fucked individuals. The fact that the same terrorist groups have been roaming around since Reagan shows that sticking our dicks where it ain’t welcome no matter how many hoorahs our boys cry isn’t gonna fix a damn thing.

Its been time to pack up for years now.

I'm not sure you ever win wars in these countries. That's why we should never, ever fight a war in Africa. The countries are so deeply fucked that to set foot in them in any way is to lose. The best thing we could have done was to encourage fracking and offshore drilling so we could use our own oil and ignore theirs. One reason why I think detente with Russians is a good thing and the Democrats trying to create another cold war is so dangerous. I'd rather buy oil from Russia than Saudi or god forbid Iran.

• Like 2

Little tidbit from my reading on Normandy. The Germans were working on territorial defenses inspired by the Russians in the Battle of Kursk. They were planning to transform the landscape to control the engagement. The invasion coming in early June when it did meant they didn't have time to get there.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont even gotta do that here in SC lol though it's definitely a good idea and would definitely recommend it. Got my gun from a highschool acquaintance that luckily has no life and only plays with guns so I got it super cheap.

Yeah, I doubt he’s gotta do it in Georgia either. I don’t where I live. But this way the seller can’t turn around and say he stole it or something, and the seller would probably want this too in case it gets used to commit a crime.

2 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

but from what I am seeing and reading it seriously is just hey have this it's yours

Pretty much. It’s private property so you have the right to buy or sell it as long as you do it legally.

Here’s a bill of sale form that’ll do most of the work for you. https://eforms.com/bill-of-sale/ga/georgia-firearm-bill-of-sale/

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I doubt he’s gotta do it in Georgia either. I don’t where I live. But this way the seller can’t turn around and say he stole it or something, and the seller would probably want this too in case it gets used to commit a crime.

Which is why I said it was a good idea lol :P 

I'll have to print it out when I can just to have it as extra proof. But wow go gun laws?

Damn right. Now when we become open carry I'll be happy. I won't, but the extra security in case someone notices my conceal anyway will be nice. 

6 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Also I am not sure about his state, but in GA if you conceal/open carry with out a permit it is a misdemeanor. 

I get that. What I’m talking about is if you are legally carrying a concealed weapon, but then let’s say your shirt comes up and part of it becomes visible. Does it suddenly become open carry and therefore illegal in some states?

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hi guys our game fucking sucks have a bunch of good Fallout games that reminds you how we fucked you over!"

What’s funny is that the Fallout Classic Collection is a bunch of games that Bethesda didn’t even have a hand in making. XD It’s the OG Fallouts.

Funny that it applies to Xbox and PS4 players too considering none of those games can even be played on console.

Good point. I think most of the states it isn't an individual permit in that it serves both functions. If not i'm pretty sure an officer would probably get annoyed at the person who is complaining oh no his shirt came up.

I only asked because Colonel mentioned wanting open carry laws for that extra security while he carries concealed. It doesn’t really affect me. We can open or concealed carry here without a permit. I’ve got one because I travel between states a lot, but it’s not needed for residents.

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You can get in trouble if you’re concealing and someone notices? O.o

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I get that. What I’m talking about is if you are legally carrying a concealed weapon, but then let’s say your shirt comes up and part of it becomes visible. Does it suddenly become open carry and therefore illegal in some states?

Legally, only if you're doing it super poorly to the point that its not even concealed.

Then there's CWB, having a concealed weapon while Brown complicates things even further.