Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nigga you bought a fucking truck simulator but still haven’t touched Dishonored 2 XD

I did actually play the prologue and part of the first chapter. I just can't get into it. The series is ruined for me tbh. Sorry. :(

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Also thought Celan wouldn't buy a game with such aggressive molestation XD

I what now? Can't see the graphic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Or you could finally try one of the {redacted] series just to see what were all jabbering about all the time XD There all super cheap right now.

No.

There are games I think Celan should genuinely try like Divinity Original Sin II, but this ain't one of them. If she grew up playing fighting games at all, adventure games like tomb raider, or even batman arkham city, shadow of mordor, something, then I'd agree she should at least try it, but she doesn't seem to really enjoy games that are mostly gameplay focused.

Dishonored 1 might be the closest thing to that for her though they have much more focus on other things that'd interest her compared to (censored).

(Censored) is like 80 percent gameplay oriented, if not more. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No.

There are games I think Celan should genuinely try like Divinity Original Sin II, but this ain't one of them. If she grew up playing fighting games at all, adventure games like tomb raider, or even batman arkham city, shadow of mordor, something, then I'd agree she should at least try it, but she doesn't seem to really enjoy games that are mostly gameplay focused.

Dishonored 1 might be the closest thing to that for her though they have much more focus on other things that'd interest her compared to (censored).

(Censored) is like 80 percent gameplay oriented, if not more. 

I guess, though I would say atmosphere plays a very large role for [redacted], as we've discussed many times. I would say 70 percent gameplay, 20 percent atmosphere, and 10 percent obscure lore XD

That's a good point though about the games we grew up playing though.  I guess it might because us three (me, you and Doc) grew up playing hard as fuck games so were  used to the beatings XD I know Doc played Dino Crisis, which is no walk in the park, and me and you played shit like DMC, which even today still sometimes hurts my hands. Built up a Tolerance.

But yeah, I guess Divinty Original Sin II would be way more up her alley. Isometrical RPG's seems to be her poison  XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I guess, though I would say atmosphere plays a very large role for [redacted], as we've discussed many times. I would say 70 percent gameplay, 20 percent atmosphere, and 10 percent obscure lore XD

That's a good point though about the games we grew up playing though.  I guess it might because us three (me, you and Doc) grew up playing hard as fuck games so were  used to the beatings XD I know Doc played Dino Crisis, which is no walk in the park, and me and you played shit like DMC, which even today still sometimes hurts my hands. Built up a Tolerance.

But yeah, I guess Divinty Original Sin II would be way more up her alley. Isometrical RPG's seems to be her poison  XD

Indeed, though I didn't play the games for being hard, I do enjoy a challenge. Its why mods were so necessary for me and Skyrim. I roleplay all day but it only goes so far. The combat has to hold up.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I did actually play the prologue and part of the first chapter. I just can't get into it. The series is ruined for me tbh. Sorry. :(

I still think they should’ve given us Emily for the people who wanted a voiced protagonist, and left Corvo silent for the people who liked things the way they were. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Or you could finally try one of the {redacted] series just to see what were all jabbering about all the time XD There all super cheap right now.

Pass. They don't interest me in the slightest.

I'm replaying Inquisition currently. Actually appreciate the story more than I remembered. It got lost in the rotten gameplay.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Now that, I'll hard pass on. Nothing could get me to slog through that again.

You play MMO's though. XD The fetch quests are definitely wretched. "Inquisitor, this should interest you." NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

The character models and animations are also wretched. But the story is pretty good actually, and holds together well. Maybe it's because I know what I can safely ignore and what to focus on. If you take the Inquisition perks that get you extra XP, you don't need the stupid fetch quests.

@Celan

I play a single MMO lol and sadly it's far better than Inquisition, a single player rpg. Hurts to say lol.

For all the annoying mmo stuff associated with eso, I've never had a moment where I loathed it so much I actually considered getting my money back. Unlike Inquisition.

That said, yea the story and lore is great. In fact in those aspects it's my favorite DA game. Which is why the empty space filled with very little hurts so much. ESO is the exact opposite. It's ridiculously chuck full of content, quests and lore, has something like 4000 books total, completely ridiculous. Filled with big and small things from particular character stories to culture, religion, history, etc.

You know what's cool? They've been foreshadowing Inquistion since Origins XD Been playing it and i've caught some cool details

latest?cb=20091125152412

From the Urn of Sacred Ashes 

Warden "The Imperium is but a fraction of it's strength now. You don't have to worry."

The Guardian: "Is that so? Then...the end is coming."  

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Youd think with all the foreshadowing, like from the dwarven enchanter dude, that they'd take more time and effort with their fucking game.

I mean...the most important aspect of Dragon Age is the story and world, and they nailed it in Inquisition. So i'm glad they got that down almost perfectly.

Gameplay wise...it's better then 2, but that aint saying much. Playing Origins on Hard...it's pretty crazy how tactical that game is compared to Inquisition. You need to think smart like a general. I think they tried to make it like that, but they didn't get it all the way, so the combat is this weird middle ground between origins tactics, and 2's shitty action. They should have went all the way. And the fetch quests are insanely boring.