Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

Well, he was on the list of real life heroes that are too bad ass to be in movies lol. There’s a dude who literally told them to tone down his own movie because he didn’t think his deeds would be realistic for the audience XD Kid soldier, like 15 or some shit. Small.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Was afraid all the really good quests would be in Morrowind and Skyrim would be lacking but I'm loving the conflict with the reachmen in the rift and the wormcult. Dude straight picked up and killed two npcs you were questing with using necromancy, just like that. Pretty awesome.

And I'm looking forward to killing a legendary undead giant that did battle with Ysgramor himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In World War 1 the English did an illegal blockade of Germany

“An illegal blockade” laws of war are stupid and broken all the time by both sides. If you limit your capabilities, it makes victory that much harder resulting in longer costlier conflicts. I’m not saying the innocent women and children deserved to starve, but while they were starving, the German empires war machine was also starving, demoralizing the men, resulting in a quicker conflict than it would have been otherwise.

Fuck:dntknw:

4 hours ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

I love to shoot so. We own a AR-15, .380, 9mm, a 20g double barrel (my dads but he gave  to me, and now my SKS.

I personally own and 1945 Spanish 8mm Mauser, and 1936 French MAS carbine, a reproduction M1 Carbine, an AR-15, and a .45 Long Colt brass Henry Big Bore Lever action rifle. One day I was to get my title II license so I can buy an original configuration Thompson. I’m also always looking for a 1903 Springfield or an M1 Garand. But yeah, I collect firearms

In eso dual wielding is pretty much PVE meta, though I've still been using it on pvp in the big battles. I'm basically a nordic scout, I don't push but I can kill when I get behind someone and get out pretty quick if I'm seen. Usually. Otherwise I stick to trebuchets.

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

09FC6CEA-EE40-4B69-82AE-6F205D52B85C.jpeg.9f8bd7e60c12f9ebea2b95c53b20d379.jpeg

Goes without saying, but I’m big sad about this. Also, government shut down again so guess who doesn’t get paid until it gets its head out of its ass??? 

Did you read the letter, he fucking burned him XD

People are saying the Mad Dog overheard a Turkish diplomat bragging about how he was going to put Kurds in ditches and he lost it. 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Did you read the letter, he fucking burned him XD

People are saying the Mad Dog overheard a Turkish diplomat bragging about how he was going to put Kurds in ditches and he lost it. 

Of course I read the leader. He said that the government was full of pussies and we’re treating our allies like shit in a nice and professional way. I don’t blame him for leaving, but it makes me mad and sad especially because this comes after the announcement that we are leaving Syria because ISIS is defeated despite having an estimated 30,000 personnel still kicking and now they are halfing the number of troops in Afghanistan, despite the Taliban gaining strength again and even retaking provinces from the afghan government.

but mostly I’m pissed because I didn’t join to sit on my ass. And it seems that my whole military career is going to be just that, despite growing up with a war I was determined to have my place in. There’s an average 8-15 year gap between wars and even if I do stay in long enough to see the next one I won’t be a front line soldier anymore and that pisses me the fuck off.

I for one am happy that there will be less dead american soldiers. The world needs to tend to their own shit without us sticking our noses in it. Soldiers going through life bored and without seeing action is a wonderful thing. If it was really necessary, that's another story entirely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I for one am happy that there will be less dead american soldiers. The world needs to tend to their own shit without us sticking our noses in it. Soldiers going through life bored and without seeing action is a wonderful thing. If it was really necessary, that's another story entirely.

But the thing is, it is our problem, isis exists because of us. That makes them our problem. And just saying “yep there defeated” when they aren’t is fucking retarded and only going to increase the loss of life in the long run. Every single 11B volunteered knowing that we signed away our lives to kill and die in service to our home and for our brothers to the left and right. Dying means nothing if it isn’t for something. Dying at war would be my preferred way to go because I’d surrounded by brothers doing what I was meant to do on this world. I agree that the world doesn’t need a policeman but we can’t just ignore these things.