Soulsborne Thread#2

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nick died so many times against him.

For some reason, the BsB is either a hellish fight for people, or one of the easier ones. I guess it comes down to playstyle because I’m like you. Beat her on my first attempt. Just dodge to one side and pretty much all of her attacks will miss. Plus, fire paper melts her. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It was also stressful knowing if I died I'd lose my fifty thousand echoes and would have to traverse the entire snake forest again.

Pro tip: You can unlock an elevator shortcut in the big windmill building that bypasses the entire snake forest. You’ve just gotta reach it from the back side.

Also, there is a lot of well hidden loot and secrets in the forest. You can spend hours exploring that area. There is also a very creepy NPC who you can talk to on top of the windmill.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Pro tip: You can unlock an elevator shortcut in the big windmill building that bypasses the entire snake forest. You’ve just gotta reach it from the back side.

Also, there is a lot of well hidden loot and secrets in the forest. You can spend hours exploring that area. There is also a very creepy NPC who you can talk to on top of the windmill.

I unlocked the shortcut next to the lampost and found Bloodborne Solaire. Spent quite a while exploring and getting shit, got both shortcuts open but never found the npc.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

If you attack him he unlocks a secret door for you! 

13 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hardest boss for me thus far, despite nick saying they're easy

You’re about to reach my least favorite. Not because it’s hard. It’s just a very annoying fight. The only boss I don’t like in BB, even though it’s easy.

After that though, I’d reccomend sticking your toes in Old Hunters. Wash out the taste of annoying easy boss with a bunch of incredibly fun difficult ones. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

When Nick was over a week ago exactly I saw him fight this Byrgenwerth npc that looked absolutely hard as fuck, took him a few tries to beat.

Have you been doing NPC side quests and such? One of the toughest NPCs in the base game, imo, is the final one you face in he Hunter of Hunters questline.

Have you met the Hunter of Hunters yet? The old woman in the crow getup?

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have you been doing NPC side quests and such? One of the toughest NPCs in the base game, imo, is the final one you face in he Hunter of Hunters questline.

Have you met the Hunter of Hunters yet? The old woman in the crow getup?

Yep, I looked it up and I think I have to kill Rom and return to the Grand Cathedral. Did all her other steps, killed yellow boy and talked to her.

I'm trying to do the ending to fight the Moon Presence but it's been hard following guides without spoilers so I'm going in half blind.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yep, I looked it up and I think I have to kill Rom and return to the Grand Cathedral. Did all her other steps, killed yellow boy and talked to her.

I'm trying to do the ending to fight the Moon Presence but it's been hard following guides without spoilers so I'm going in half blind.

I’d reccomend avoiding guides on anything except for how to find NPCs. Especially for anything that happens after Rom.

I got the ending you’re looking for completely blind. Despite being the “secret” ending, it’s honestly very easy to get without even trying. There are notes in the game, particularly towards the end, that tell you what needs to be done. Basically just eat three of a certain significant item (you find it in thirds, so you’re really just eating one full one) and don’t let a certain person kill you when given the option. 

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I was spoiled long before I played this game, I know who to refuse. Can I mess anything up?

Hide contents

I have One Third of it and was trying to do the Arianna quest to get hers but it mentioned something about Micolash and I drew a blank.

If I recall correctly, there are four “thirds” that can be found and one two of them is are possible to miss out on, meaning you can afford to miss one and still get what’s needed, but if you screw up two, you’re out of luck.

Micolash will come later. Arianna’s questline spans most of the game, so it’s intentional for you to not be able to finish it right now. Once you have the third at the end of her story, it’ll be pretty much impossible for you to mess things up. The final third is obtained during the MQ and cannot be missed.

Basically, as long as you don’t do something stupid like murder Arianna (prematurely), dump the thirds in a river, or forget to eat them, the ending is basically locked in for you.

Also, narratively speaking, the best place to do the DLC imo is after killing Rom. Old Hunters starts to delve into the weirdness that follows Rom’s Death, and revolves around lore that will come up soon. It’ll be tough at that level as the enemies are harder than in the base game, but that’s when I always do it and to be honest, I think the difficulty is perfect. Hard, but always fair.

• Thanks 1

If you somehow don’t succeed in getting Arianna’s third, the other optional one can be found after Rom’s death. But it is missable and it’s possible you’ve already made it unobtainable depending on what you’ve done so far.

There is a hidden back entrance to the clinic at the start of the game. You have to go through some caves in the forgotten woods (the village part, not the snake part). You can kill the crazy woman in there and take a third from her. But it only exists if you kill her after killing Rom. She won’t have it before that, so if you’ve already killed her, you missed your chance.