Soulsborne Thread#2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Best friend left so I'm unable to play more Bloodborne for a while but I had a lot of fun. The one thing I really dislike about Bloodborne are how blatantly overpowered enemy npcs are. Literally all From had to do was give them limited ammo and it'd be perfectly balanced.

Limited ammo? I don't think you're playing the game as it should be played if a fight goes on so long enemy ammo reserve would become a factor. Go on the offensive!

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Limited ammo? I don't think you're playing the game as it should be played if a fight goes on so long enemy ammo reserve would become a factor. Go on the offensive!

I am but they constantly spam their blunderbuss or rifle spear plus other spread weapon. Which does quadruple the damage the player can deal.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I am but they constantly spam their blunderbuss or rifle spear plus other spread weapon. Which does quadruple the damage the player can deal.

Then get close and dodge. If you are close enough the spread is pretty much nullified when dodging. 

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Let me guess, you’re talking about those two enemy Hunters behind the cathedral to the right, aren’t you?

Nah I killed lightning mace boy, love that weapon and after getting my ass kicked by the other one I decided I wasn't skilled enough and too underpowered to fight him. It's the guy in top of that tower with the gatling gun that's making my really annoyed.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nah I killed lightning mace boy, love that weapon and after getting my ass kicked by the other one I decided I wasn't skilled enough and too underpowered to fight him. It's the guy in top of that tower with the gatling gun that's making my really annoyed.

That segment is annoying. There's a path with lots of obstacles you need to use to get past him. At the end of which you can climb a ladder and kill him. Or you can let him be and kill a late game boss after which he becomes friendly if you approach him. 

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

That segment is annoying. There's a path with lots of obstacles you need to use to get past him. At the end of which you can climb a ladder and kill him. Or you can let him be and kill a late game boss after which he becomes friendly if you approach him. 

I'm getting my revenge against that dude, looked up the rewards for befriending him and decided fuck nah he gonna die. Plus I know how to get up to him it's just his firearm makes it frustrating. That weapon is perfectly balanced it's just the pistol that I feel unfair.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

He’s a one of a kind miniboss, and a pretty cool one at that, imo. Not really a great example of NPCs overall. But that area is completely optional and he can be avoided, made friendly, or cheesed very easily, so he’s hardly worth the fuss.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm getting my revenge against that dude, looked up the rewards for befriending him and decided fuck nah he gonna die. Plus I know how to get up to him it's just his firearm makes it frustrating. That weapon is perfectly balanced it's just the pistol that I feel unfair.

His side arms are pretty easy to dodge once you get the hang of it. Or, if you just want him dead, start shooting him rapidly as soon as you make it up the ladder and he’ll get knocked off the ledge. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

You can't expect to beat a boss first try. Dark Souls is kinda about learning your opponents. Learn their attack patterns and where the openings and blind spots are. And you're going to die a lot in the process. 

It’s like that geometry game on the phone if anyone’s ever played that, only way to know how to proceed is to try and die a lot unless you’re CKB and fucked Pontiff first try XD 

@Centurion if you aren’t a knight class like Balrog said, now you know why I restarted the game after getting fucked by a wizard. No shame in it. Other classes are for more experienced players and I was nub just like you. Still am technically.

The main advantage is that the shield they spawn with absorbs 100% damage, only thing you gotta watch for is the stamina bar, they’ll break through your defense if that goes so don’t constantly let them hit it.

Reminds me of when Baldur and Rebec were sparring on their wedding day lol. She let her stam run out. Don’t be like Rebec.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The main advantage is that the shield they spawn with absorbs 100% damage, only thing you gotta watch for is the stamina bar, they’ll break through your defense if that goes so don’t constantly let them hit it.

On top of this, stamina regenerates slower when your shield is raised, so if you don’t have full stamina, try to keep the shield lowered and only raise it right before the enemy hits. Timing your blocks with a 100% reduction shield makes defense way easier.

If getting in close is an issue, try to dodge through Gundyr’s attacks (to the left, right, or forward) instead of away from them. That will immediately put you in a position to punish him for missing. Don’t get greedy when you start getting hits in, or he will turn around and punish you right back.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Did you know it was supposed to be really difficult? That’s pretty much what Fromsoft is best known for. 

I know, I just rage really hard and I haven’t had any nicotine in a couple hours so I’m naturally pissed of right now :rofl:

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I know, I just rage really hard and I haven’t had any nicotine in a couple hours so I’m naturally pissed of right now :rofl:

Relax. Just remember millions of people have experienced the same rage (including all of us at least once), the boss is easy once you understand how easy he is to dodge, and block XD You need to manage you stamina and NEVER get greedy. You don't know how many people have died to bosses who have only a sliver of health because they got cocky. Pratice on a few enemies in the starting area and get used to dodging and blocking.