Soulsborne Thread#2

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Idk, I’m on an 8 hour guard shift tonight so not anytime soon lol. Also idk wtf I’m doing on that game so yeah

We'll be happy to help ya when you do ;) Ignore everything Balrog says, he'll only lead you astray from the path of Man.

Fear not the Dark, my friend. And let the feast begin.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We'll be happy to help ya when you do ;) Ignore everything Balrog says, he'll only lead you astray from the path of Man.

Fear not the Dark, my friend. And let the feast begin.

You don't want a person who gave up and restarted on the third boss whispering the lies of darkness in your ear. Let the sun upon this Lord of Cinder!

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You don't want a person who gave up and restarted on the third boss whispering the lies of darkness in your ear. Let the sun upon this Lord of Cinder!

You don’t want someone who’s afraid to fight someone who gave up and restarted on the third boss whispering pussy shit in your ears either XD 

Skill stat is pretty much dexterity in Dark Souls. I'd say focus a bit on both strength and skill and test out different weapons to see what you prefer. I ran with the Threaded Cane and Ludwig's Holy Blade, a skill and strength focused weapon respectively. Bloodtinge is for ranged weapons and arcane is for magic items, both of which consume a resource called quicksilver bullets. I'd stay away from investing in those stats till a second playthrough where you would have a better feel for the item management of the game. Not to mention all the good arcane items are found late game. 

• Thanks 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

13 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Alrighty ye Bloodborne folks, give this sad hollow some advice for his first Bloodborne build.

I haven't played it yet, but because I know it's without respec I don't want to screw up my first build.

Vitality soft caps at 30. You’ll want every bit of that.

Endurance soft caps at 40. Invest in that until you git gud enough to where you feel that you can reliably manage your stamina while dodging. Remember, there is very little blocking in this game, so dodges are important.

Strength and Skill are where you want to go for weapons damage. Which one depends on your weapon of choice. The three potential starting weapons can legit carry you through the whole game. The axe is for strength builds. The cane is for skill builds. The Saw Cleaver can be used for either, or both if you go quality, which is pretty viable. Soft caps are at 25 but I’d go past that in the long run.

I’d ignore Bloodtinge. It mostly effects the damage of firearms and a very select few melee weapons. And since firearms are a much better defensive tool than an offensive one (unless you do a very specific and specialized build, which I’d save for future characters once you’ve figured things out more), Bloodtinge isn’t all that important in making them useful.

Arcane is up to you. I think I raised mine to 14-15 or so to use some of the best toys, but that was fairly late game on an overleveled character.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Here’s the build doc recommended me:

Reveal hidden contents

GIT GUD BITCH

Dude, no respecs in Bloodborne. I'm not asking for top tier weapons or strategies for bosses. Don't want a repeat of DS1 where my first character ended up being an absolute mess of stat allocation.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dude, no respecs in Bloodborne. I'm not asking for top tier weapons or strategies for bosses. Don't want a repeat of DS1 where my first character ended up being an absolute mess of stat allocation.

Reel niggas try shit out yourself and get wreck’d by dudes in wizard hats till you start over.

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bloodborne is a little more forgiving on stats than DS1. If you really wanna go Arcane or Bloodtinge, know things will be harder for you and commit to it. But otherwise, avoid them and just put points in everything else and you’ll do fine. You won’t end up with a mess.

Personally, I’d reccomend going heaviest on Vitality and the weapon stats early on, and adding to Endurance as you feel is necessary when it feels you don’t have enough stamina. 

Also forget everything you learned from Dark Souls. Besides superficial aspects, the game's combat  rhythm is basically completely different, everything reflects that (Much faster stamina regen, enemies do way more damage, dodging is alot more smooth) It's ten times face, and super super aggressive, you need to play as a Hunter of beasts instead of a knight.   You cannot beat the game as a Dark Souls player, you  must learn the ways of Bloodborne. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Witchking of Angmar I didn’t know you played Bloodborne. You should do a Hunter emote.

Well the Leonhard kinda already work as a Bloodborne emote. Though I'm unsure what a Hunter emote would look like apart from reskinning the Leonhard emote. Which would just make it blend into the background more because much of the clothing in Bloodborne is so dark. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

24 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Well the Leonhard kinda already work as a Bloodborne emote. Though I'm unsure what a Hunter emote would look like apart from reskinning the Leonhard emote. Which would just make it blend into the background more because much of the clothing in Bloodborne is so dark. 

The “make contact” gesture would make a pretty good one. 

This talk of BB made me itch to do another playthrough, going with a skill one for once. Right now i'm rocking the Saw Spear, and it's cutting through everything, it's so fucking fast and it does a fair amount of damage. Going to try and get the Bowblade or maybe the Blades of Mercy. Don't know which will be more fun.