Soulsborne Thread#2

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nah, not yet. I'm playing on my best friend's ps4.

I highly reccomend getting it. While Bloodborne is a complete game on its own, Old Hunters really ties everything together and addresses some big mysteries. Plus, it has some of the best bosses and areas Fromsoft has ever done, and has my personal favorite storyline.

One thing to note, once you beat Bloodborne’s MQ, it’s over. There is no reloading and you’re not allowed to free roam after the final boss. The credits roll and then you’re instantly placed in NG+. So if you wanna do the DLC in your first playthrough, don’t save it for the end.

• Thanks 1

@The Good Doctor Doc you really need to do your Bowblade playthrough XD, it's the funnest shit i've ever had in a Souls game, the weapon feels super good. The blade lacks stagger, but the weapon is super versatile and fun, makes you feel like Legolas, slaughtering mobs and bosses alike with it. You can now do so damage from ranged. 

Dt3QuJ4UUAEPOF3.jpg

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Doc you really need to do your Bowblade playthrough XD, it's the funnest shit i've ever had in a Souls game, the weapon feels super good. The blade lacks stagger, but the weapon is super versatile and fun, makes you feel like Legolas, slaughtering mobs and bosses alike with it. You can now do so damage from ranged. 

I’ve got the Bowblade maxed out on my main and have played with it a ton. It’s one of my favorite weapons. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Father Dad is dead.

At first I was getting real salty at him but after dying a few times and getting used to how fast as fuck everything was, I was dodging most of his attacks and managed to beat him.

He teaches you the parry mechanic, you need to get used to that.

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Father Dad is dead.

At first I was getting real salty at him but after dying a few times and getting used to how fast as fuck everything was, I was dodging most of his attacks and managed to beat him.

If you can beat Father G and the Cleric Beast, you can beat any enemy in Bloodborne with enough time and effort.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He teaches you the parry mechanic, you need to get used to that.

Yup. Where parry could be ignored in Souls, it is insanely important in this game. If you didn’t learn it while facing Father G, I’d reccomend practicing on the brute guys who carry bricks until you’ve got it down. It’s a game changer once you do.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yup. Where parry could be ignored in Souls, it is insanely important in this game. If you didn’t learn it while facing Father G, I’d reccomend practicing on the brute guys who carry bricks until you’ve got it down. It’s a game changer once you do.

I've sorta got gud at parrying, it's how fast and powerful he was that kept getting me. I won't deny I ended up killing his third phase through by fire bombs :P

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I've sorta got gud at parrying, it's how fast and powerful he was that kept getting me. I won't deny I ended up killing his third phase through by fire bombs :P

Pro tip: all of the windows with a light on can be interacted with. That means there is an NPC inside who can help or at least talk to you. The first is next to the very first lantern you rest at, and there are several others in the starting area and behind. 

There will be some who give you side quests. One in the starting area actually would’ve given you a music box that could very briefly make Father G freeze up during the fight. If you found the broach in his arena, you can give it to her (or choose not to, spoiler alert: it’s depressing either way).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Pro tip: all of the windows with a light on can be interacted with. That means there is an NPC inside who can help or at least talk to you. The first is next to the very first lantern you rest at, and there are several others in the starting area and behind. 

There will be some who give you side quests. One in the starting area actually would’ve given you a music box that could very briefly make Father G freeze up during the fight. If you found the broach in his arena, you can give it to her (or choose not to, spoiler alert: it’s depressing either way).

I would honestly go back to the first lamp and explore XD Bloodborne level design is crazy good (I would argue, the best. There's a reason why the God of War devs said they based there exploration on it) there's so many secrets, and side areas that's it's crazy. Super interconnected too, like Dark Souls 1