Soulsborne Thread#2

One of the craziest but most OP weapons Fromsoft has made. XD That thing melts bosses. Though I ain’t a big fan of how it handles myself. Prefer the good old saw cleaver and beast saif.

Some day I’ll do a dedicated bowblade run too. Just because of how freaking cool that weapon is.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:19 AM, The Good Doctor said:

One of the craziest but most OP weapons Fromsoft has made. XD That thing melts bosses. Though I ain’t a big fan of how it handles myself. Prefer the good old saw cleaver and beast saif.

Some day I’ll do a dedicated bowblade run too. Just because of how freaking cool that weapon is.

The lore behind it is sweet too, some random hunter named Simon didn't like guns so he made himself a bow blade XD

4 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though not having a pause function is one of the dumbest and annoying ways to make the game more "hardcore". 

Get gud. You can just go to the menu. Its trying to simulate reality. Thats why you cant save. Decisions are final (like killing an NPC). And freezing the game ruins that illusion. Its a unique systrm you dont see anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Get gud. You can just go to the menu. Its trying to simulate reality. Thats why you cant save. Decisions are final (like killing an NPC). And freezing the game ruins that illusion. Its a unique systrm you dont see anywhere else.

For trying to simulate reality it certainly doesn't have any consideration for the real reality. I don't ask for a full pause and save function. Just something in case you need to deal with something in real life. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Minus the fire keeper.

That's a story decision XD

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

For trying to simulate reality it certainly doesn't have any consideration for the real reality. I don't ask for a full pause and save function. Just something in case you need to deal with something in real life. 

You can exit out of the game and back to the menu. Loading times are a few seconds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

How would a pause  menu work with a game that has multiplayer anyway

This. The multiplayer is too closely integrated with the singleplayer for there to be a pause function.

If you wanna pause the game, just turn it off or switch to offline and stand somewhere safe.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a weird dream about Bloodborne last night, keeping in mind I never played this game.

The dream was my character ascending the stairs in this run down rectangular tower, out of fucking nowhere he gets insight and a price that was broken off from the stairs is somehow there.

He makes it nearly to the top when it progressively becomes better repaired and colorful again. Blah blah back in time or some shit. He finds this non hostile wormy thing arguing with its other end on what the right thing to do was. Get this shit, outside on the ledge was an alive version of the executioner's chariot (DS2 boss) breathing its dark breath attack into the city below.

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I showed Colonel and Doc this awhile ago. It still is a super unsettling fight regardless. I still think he has one of the creepiest Dragon designs in gaming.

Oceiros_DS3_Artbook.jpg

Anyways, I think it's creepy enough as it is, if we saw a child dying, could have pushed it to edgy territory. It's also cool in the newer one because you question whether or not the Consumed King has gone mad or not, if you can see the baby dying it ruins that ambiguity.