Soulsborne Thread#2

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I've gotten better at the hunter ones, I still cringe at their DS2 hitboxes but I've gotten better never the less. I just ignore the infinite ammo semiautomatic rifle spamming one. It's that one axe dude that's angering me now.

Not sure what you mean about the hitboxes. I’ve fought these guys like a thousand times and never felt that they were off. 

Are you talking about the giant guy with the axe or one of the NPC Hunters? One thing to note is that the Hunters with red eyes are much tougher and more aggressive, but they have unique drops and don’t ever respawn.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not sure what you mean about the hitboxes. I’ve fought these guys like a thousand times and never felt that they were off. 

Are you talking about the giant guy with the axe or one of the NPC Hunters? One thing to note is that the Hunters with red eyes are much tougher and more aggressive, but they have unique drops and don’t ever respawn.

I looked it up, it's the Nightmare Executioner.

As for the hitboxes, that's half rant, half annoyed at getting the full damage when the ass end barely any momentum swing of the whip Beast Cutter hits my character.

Generally, the first area (everything before you fight the first boss) is a lot easier if you take it slow and assess everything before progressing. Watch out for traps, bait enemies to fight you one at a time, etc. You beat the Crow, so none of them should be too tough for you 1v1, and most should be manageable in 2v1 if you go all out.

As far as mobs go, the first area is one of the hardest in the game. One of the tougher areas Fromsoft has done overall, even. Particularly at your current level. But fighting the Hunters enough will make you better at it, and by the DLC’s mid point, you’ll be thrashing them. Once you leave the Nightmare, most of the base game’s bosses and tougher enemies will feel like pansies.

• Like 1

I ended up killing the Nightmare Executioner, huzzah. Parry that bitch, was extremely hard considering if you get a partial parry he singles you away fifteen feet and lose the riposte. Now I'll just run past him from now one :P

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Generally, the first area (everything before you fight the first boss) is a lot easier if you take it slow and assess everything before progressing. Watch out for traps, bait enemies to fight you one at a time, etc. You beat the Crow, so none of them should be too tough for you 1v1, and most should be manageable in 2v1 if you go all out.

As far as mobs go, the first area is one of the hardest in the game. One of the tougher areas Fromsoft has done overall, even. Particularly at your current level. But fighting the Hunters enough will make you better at it, and by the DLC’s mid point, you’ll be thrashing them. Once you leave the Nightmare, most of the base game’s bosses and tougher enemies will feel like pansies.

I'll take your example and persevere then.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

As for the hitboxes, that's half rant, half annoyed at getting the full damage when the ass end barely any momentum swing of the whip Beast Cutter hits my character.

To be fair, it’s a gigantic rusty iron whip covered in razor-sharp serrated edges. I cut myself on a piece of paper today. XD 

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

looked it up, it's the Nightmare Executioner.

That fucker. Either run past him (he won’t follow you far into the building) or get very good at dodging and Gimli his ass up close. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bloodborne unironically cheated against me, I was fighting the beast form hunter npc and kicking it's ass so hard that the game had to give it infinite stamina when he was one hit left. That dude literally did something players cannot without cheating.

• Haha 1