Soulsborne Thread#2

12 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Any others I am not already doing.

Parrying definitely makes the fight much easier. So much so that some people recommend not doing it at all. If that isn’t working, then maybe work on dodging through or to the side of her attacks instead of away from them. 

For this fight, you’ve got to be very aggressive. Stay on the offensive. If you let your Dark Souls instincts kick in and start being too defensive or evasive, she will kick your ass every time.

@ColonelKillaBee BTW If you're craving BB you can always get Scholar of the First Sin (Dark Souls 2) for super cheap and it looks gorgeous on the PC XD ALOT of the gameplay improvements from 3 come directly from it (Omni rolling, way better lock on, fair backstabs etc etc so gameplay wise it'll be far less outdated then 1) It may not be the best Soulsborne game, but it's a damn great game on it's own right. It'll surely tide you over till you can play the king

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@ColonelKillaBee BTW If you're craving BB you can always get Scholar of the First Sin (Dark Souls 2) for super cheap and it looks gorgeous on the PC XD ALOT of the gameplay improvements from 3 come directly from it (Omni rolling, way better lock on, fair backstabs etc etc so gameplay wise it'll be far less outdated then 1) It may not be the best Soulsborne game, but it's a damn great game on it's own right. It'll surely tide you over till you can play the king

no

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or maybe it’s because DS2 is crap compared to all their other games. Not a bad game, but nowhere near as good as any of the others. 

Even if it's the lesser soul game, I still think it's worth the playthrough, especially for the great DLC, all the cool lore it added (especially for a dark fan XD), and the fact it's still pretty damn fun. Scholar of the First Sin fixed alot of the games issue, even if it's still lesser then 1, 3, BB, and Demon. 

Just now, The Secret Sunbro said:

Before I go into the arena any tips for laurence?

No tips for fire fucker. One of the most insane, unfun and hardest bosses in the game. The same rules for the first Cleric beast fight work for the first half...and then the second half will fuck you over. You need to master all and everyone of his attacks. Dodge and punish, that's all I can say.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I found Laurence harder then Ludwig. Died to the flame fucker three or four times (Only died to Ludwig twice) 

For me it was the opposite. Ludwig took me several attempts but I got Laurence in only two. After I knew to stack up on fire resist, it went pretty smoothly.

And personally, I thought his first phase was tougher than the second, so it was one of the rare fights that got easier as it went.

Still haven't beat Ludwig, my weapons are too slow and do too little damage. Getting better at dodging him, started being far more aggressive and did better but his instant attacks still get me. Wish I built my build like Nick's, his Ludwig Holy blade out damages my weapon by so much. Much better moveset and faster too.