Soulsborne Thread#2

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I tried giving the Frigid Outskirts a legitimate chance, and fuck that shit as far as I'm concerned that area doesn't exist XD

Didn't die once to the area but I just can't make it through, with or without summons. Can't see shit and constant reindeer attacks make it worse.

Don't be a fucking pussy. Frigid Outskirts separates the men from the boys. 

Frigid_Outskirts.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nick Way said:

Where in the hell is the key to the upper cathedral ward? I'm in the unseen village after the spider fight.

It’s on a dead body inside a prison cell. You’ve gotta drop into it through a hole in the ceiling, which is easy to find by running around like a crazy person until you get lucky.

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bloodborne constantly steals away my riposte. I can pretty easily parry hard enemies but for some reason I'm right up touching them while they're still on the ground and it won't let me parry.

Don’t try to attack immediately after you parry. Hesitate just a hair of a second after the animation has played out, then go for the reposit. The time you’re given is very generous, but you can mess it up if you go for it too quickly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nick Way said:

Can anyone explain the dungeon system?

Basically, you use the ritual materials to unlock dungeons that have random layouts akin to to Daggerfall, but you can add different materials to the ritual to customize the dungeon a bit (by making it more difficult and upping the quality of the loot drops). These materials are kinda like skulls in Halo, where each one gives the enemies different buff or give you a different nerf.

Each dungeon has multiple levels, and the deeper you go, the harder it gets. First level dungeons are a joke, whereas fifth level ones are a nightmare. Every new level you enter has a random boss at the end, and the final room of the dungeon has a unique boss who is set. That boss will drop the materials needed to unlock new dungeons, if I recall correctly.

Some people like them, but in my opinion, they are by far the worst part of the game and are thankfully optional. I could only stomach playing them for long if I’ve got some podcast to listen to or if I’m with friends. Otherwise, they get boring pretty quick. That said, there are some really nice boss fights and some cool pieces of obscure lore to be found. It just takes lots of repetitive dungeon crawling to reach them.

:rofl:

Killed Skinflap first try, fucking terrifying. I'm not joking that was absolutely disgusting, I was uneasy the entire fight. Motherfucker kept rubbing his flaps against my hunters face. I was well into phase two before that bitch ever touched me.

Nick died so many times against him.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar