Soulsborne Thread#2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

63, plus 6 is my highest weapon right now.

I thought you were gonna say 30 or something. 60s is doable, though I won’t pretend it won’t be tough. I went in in the 70s or so. Came out much higher, though.

If the damage is ruining your enjoyment of it, then maybe go back to the base game and play through the bonus areas. Specifically Cainhurst (which is awesome. But sprint past the outside region) and maybe the Nightmare Frontier if you can handle it. That’ll level you up some and get you more weapon upgrading items without progressing the main story. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Are blood gems random on which ones drop?

Certain ones can drop from certain enemies. The very best drops are found in the DLC (off of a pair of Winter Lantern enemies right before the end) or in the deeper levels of the Chalice Dungeons. 

But even then, they’re still pretty random. Those are just the places that have the best gems in their lists. 

29 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Any tips against Ludwig?

He’s hell. But his attacks in the first half all have their own distinct telegraphs, so i’d suggest learning those and figuring out which way to dodge for each. Like Sunbro said, use fire. 

When Ludwig jumps onto the ceiling, you can tell where he is by where the blood drips from. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He’s hell. But his attacks in the first half all have their own distinct telegraphs, so i’d suggest learning those and figuring out which way to dodge for each. Like Sunbro said, use fire. 

When Ludwig jumps onto the ceiling, you can tell where he is by where the blood drips from. 

Ive studied his moves long enough now thar only two reliably hit me.

His doubke swip that require frame perfect I-frames to dodge both, which I find easier to unlock and roll. And an attack whete he instantly slams his head and body down without any windup.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ludwig basically exemplifies everything about Bloodborne's gameplay, you need to be aggressive as all fuck. He isn't dissimilar to Artorias, super aggressive boss that you need to punish by being super attack hungry and blood thirsty. Punish as much as fucking possible.

Artorias is a bad example, he was nothing to me. Beat him first try.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I thought Amy was a really fun boss fight. One of the easier ones in the game, but well structured. Felt really old school to me.

The Chalice Dungeon version, however, is utter bull. 

Everything in the Chalice Dungeon is bullshit XD It really sucks cause they locked some fun fights behind it.  And there's alot of hidden lore people won't know unless they do them

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Everything in the Chalice Dungeon is bullshit XD It really sucks cause they locked some fun fights behind it.  And there's alot of hidden lore people won't know unless they do them

For the most part, the only thing I don’t like about the CDs is how tedious and Grundy they get. As far as the bosses go, I love them. Except for Amy and Rom. Chalice Rom is just not fun to fight and Amy is as OP as th Old Hunters bosses but the difficulty is for bullshit reasons instead of fair ones.