Soulsborne Thread#2

3 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Well when I ask for advice I prefer actually advice not trolling like I am on a forum of children.

You’re literally too scared to read the best advice I could’ve given you because you think I’m gonna troll you. Despite the hundreds of detailed fucking paragraphs I’ve typed to help people on here whenever it’s asked for. Who’s being the child here?

Yeah, we make jokes and rib one another. It’s fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Okay there read first one a troll. Second one saying use shaman bone blade which I've tried but I kid you not they kept missing each other and that drop is so damn rare. Does anyone know where to get some more without farming? Sorry for being an ass.

I think there are only a small handful of places in the world that they can be found. The Messengers will sell them to you for 1 Insight apiece, but only after you beat a certain Chalice Dungeon boss. The one at the end of Central Pthumeru.

Other than that, I’m afraid that farming brainsuckers or trading with other players are the only ways I know. It’s not an easy drop.

1 minute ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

But on a more serious note any tips for a bloodtinge build either Str/Bt or Sk/Bt

If you don’t mind killing Simon, I recommend going straight to the DLC area as early as you can manage, run like hell past all the enemies, and murder his ass for the Bowblade. It’s by far one of the most fun Bloodtinge/Skill weapons, and will pretty much leave you set for the rest of the game. 

Just now, The Secret Sunbro said:

I have been doing his quest line so I just got to get to the short cut now.

If you don’t want to kill him, then you can just finish out his questline and get the bow that way. But it’s much more difficult for a low level character. Basically requires you to reach the end of the DLC and face lots of tough enemies and bosses.

Also I know this is a thread for dark souls and bloodborne but has anyone played nioh I am thinking of getting it so I was wondering if anyone had played it and could give me some insight on it.

It’s really more of a thread for Souls-like games in general. We also hype up Sekiro here from time to time. 

I’ve never played Nioh though. Maybe try Balrog or Witch.

i've heard pretty much dark souls+samurai+grappling hook.

I think it’s a bit less of an rpg than Dark Souls. The protagonist is set, and I don’t think you have as many options for customizing or allocating skills (could be wrong on that last point). So it’s more of a Soulsy adventure game.

Opinion on Nioh?

It's decent. But no Souls.  The game is super grindy and has a random loot system that makes every weapon you get meaningless cause your always replacing your equipment. Instead of openish with an interconnected world, its all separate levels too. Not bad, but not my thing.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think it’s a bit less of an rpg than Dark Souls. The protagonist is set, and I don’t think you have as many options for customizing or allocating skills (could be wrong on that last point). So it’s more of a Soulsy adventure game.

There's still alot of skills you choose (but it's for different movesets with your katanna and special techniques you can learn) 

15 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Will do. How is Sekiro looking I haven't been looking into it.

Dark Souls set in Medieval Fantasy Japan, with stealth, extra vertically, super aggressive combat,  Dark Souls 1 esque world design, and insane bosses.

Thank you. You think it is worth $15? I was gonna get it and a copy of god of war. If not those two was just gonna get conan exiles for me and Czar to play.

God of War is so good. If you’re into Norse stuff and want to try out one of the most satisfying signature weapons in a video game, definitely give it a shot. 

3 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Thank you. You think it is worth $15? I was gonna get it and a copy of god of war. If not those two was just gonna get conan exiles for me and Czar to play.

Get God of War. The other two games are decentish but are nothing compared to it. They took admitted inspiration from BB for there level design and combat .

6 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

I'm just trying to get stuff that me and Czar can play other than bloodborne.

Fallout 76... Sorry, can't even keep a straight face while typing that. XD 

If y'all are into CRPGs, I hear the Divinity games are really fun in co-op. Haven't played them myself yet, but Colonel swears by them.

Can we talk about the exploding bottles in the research hall?

Those guys are hilarious. XD "YAAAAARH!" 

The best tips are that they mostly operate by sound and the ones who don't throw bottles are very easy to bait. Once you kill the melee guys, the bottle guys aren't as much of a threat. They'll only hit you if you're slow or running at them in a straight line.