Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

I know this is an extreme example but bear with me. 

Lets say that a movie about the civil war was coming out. And they wanted me, a black actor to play general fucking Robert E. Lee... 

You know what, I take that back that would be fucking hilarious :rofl: 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

Isn’t Sapkowski involved in the tv show? I would think that means they got him to sign off on this, or he at least had some input on it

The writers met with him early. Doesn't mean he's dictating or approving anything.

Anyway, we basically need to wait and see the actual casting decision. Unless this is a float to see how the fanbase reacts in which case the uproar is warranted. Unfortunately movies these days look for the Asian market first, so it could be a pander to them, even if it upsets the original fanbase and Poland.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lets say that a movie about the civil war was coming out. And they wanted me, a black actor to play general fucking Robert E. Lee... 

I think more appropriate is to look at how people react to Ghost in the Shell casting a white actress. If it's wrong there, it's wrong here.

• Like 2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why do movies look for the asian market first?

$$$

That's why the Red Dawn remake changed the baddie to North Korea even though it makes no fucking sense, and the movie about the moon landing coming out will not show them planting an American flag. Have to pander to Chinese nationalism.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Celan said:

I think more appropriate is to look at how people react to Ghost in the Shell casting a white actress. If it's wrong there, it's wrong here.

That movie was terrible all around, but to me if they didn't want the main actress to be cast as white, they should stop making their anime characters look like white chicks...

Just now, Celan said:

$$$

That's why the Red Dawn remake changed the baddie to North Korea even though it makes no fucking sense, and the movie about the moon landing coming out will not show them planting an American flag. Have to pander to Chinese nationalism.

I had no idea we made that much cash from asian audiences. 

Communists detected.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’d watch that. XD Especially if they played it completely straight and nobody in the movie acknowledged it at all. Would be funnier than most comedies tbh. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I had no idea we made that much cash from asian audiences. 

Communists detected.

China has a very large population with an increasingly larger middle class. Add to that all media in the country has to be approved by the state's censorship bureau. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!