Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

11 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Which year? :P 

Also Colonel, think you got enough free time now to join the Fallout rp?

Lol hush, I’m getting back on my game. Every time I start writing again something happens or comes up, but I’m determined to start again!

also, Colonel is never gonna do it. I’ve given up on him ever poking his head in thereXD

Fuck:dntknw:

I actually did poke my head in a lil bit while I was chillin wid simbooboo in the car at a gas station. 

Lol it’s certainly not casual reading. Tons of detail, had to sit it down and turn on my music. 

Maybe after I get some sleep I’ll try again, been up all night. Heading to Celan’s at 4:30

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Is it because of the new world? The post are on average a lot shorter than the TES ones. So I find them rather easy. 

Definitely, and reading about this highway and that, and devices and motors in the armor, etc.

Theres a looot to picture and it’s like, more compact detail than tes’s.

in TES you go from point a to b, you probably did so on a horse or on foot and if you’re lucky a boat and it’s the most mundane simple process ever unless something actually happens. So there isn’t a lot of inbetween to read about and you get to what a characters thinking or doing much faster.

At most maybe you’re bogged down a bit by explanation of what a character is wearing, which I do realize sometimes is necessary. Had to go back in my own Redguard story and make myself add details like that in it.

But there’s much more explaining like that with everything it seems in some of the Fallout introduction to posts that I saw.

Itd be easier if that was cut down a bit and only explored when truly necessary.

Na the details are great actually lol it’s just not easy reading. 

Kinda why I dislike fantasy stories that just started, a whole lot of setup and describing the world. Science fictions not as bad but it spreads that out throughout a book which is good and bad.

A lot of the early posts especially can be very descriptive since they’re setting the world up, but I think it gets easier once you progress a bit and posts become more focused on story and characters than world building.

I think that just knowing the districts is enough to make a huge difference in how easy it is to follow what’s going on. Not their roads and layouts or anything like that. Just a general idea of where they are and what they’re known for. The Industrial District is mostly factories, the Forgotten Homes is a slum, South Union is outside the main city similar to Freeside, etc. 

• Like 1

@ColonelKillaBee

I think about halfway down the first page is the point where all the characters have had a post and we start getting into the second posts from the characters. So there shouldn't be as much world building beyond that.

Also, in case you didn't know, there's a map of Wellstone and the surrounding settlements in the resources thread that is very helpful

Edited by BTC